PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Underground anybody got it yet?

Cody_300ex
11-19-2003, 10:35 AM
I picked up my copy last night! Man is this game awesome or what! On Underground mode i've got a Subaru Impreza. If ya'll video gamers havent picked then i would get it asap because, there going fast around here, i sure am glad i reserved a copy.

Cody_300ex
11-19-2003, 01:06 PM
so im guessing nobody else has played it yet?

Honda4trax250x
11-19-2003, 02:10 PM
too ricey for me

goldfish
11-19-2003, 07:41 PM
is it out on all systems? i've been checking the site waiting for the pc demo to show up, it hasn't yet. I'll probably end up buying it for ps2, cause i cant stand racing games on the pc. Hopefully they made it better than hot pursuit 2..which was really lame.

BlazingYamahaYz
11-19-2003, 08:09 PM
i downloaded the demo(56k, 219mb, took 12+hours) and well, i just like midnight club 2 demo better, so i got midnight club 2 off ebay, should be here tomorrow....i really like the cars in underground, but hate the fact that there is no "cruise" mode where you can jsut drive around for the heck of it...there are those blocks on the road and it re-sets you...oh well, cool game, but could be better, like most things....have fun though!

Nausty
11-19-2003, 08:16 PM
i havn't, i kinda want it but I just got True Crime, la. I've only had the game for about 2 days and I about got it beat. Its pretty cool tho but kinda weird.

AlaskaSpeed
11-19-2003, 08:22 PM
I picked it up today for the Xbox....seems real good so far...addictive...even if I did just start Underground mode and am racing a Neon!!!

MOFO
11-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
i downloaded the demo(56k, 219mb, took 12+hours)

just finished downloading...under 9min... I love cable. :devil:

Adam202
11-19-2003, 08:35 PM
ive been playing the demo on my computer, its very very ricey but is fun to bang through the gears down the drag strip.

BlazingYamahaYz
11-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
just finished downloading...under 9min... I love cable. :devil:

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: someday i will get something better, both my sisters moved out and one got DSL and the other got cable...cool demo though, love turning off stability or whatever and doing huge doughnuts and burnouts!!!:devil: i though the game came out this week?

Cody_300ex
11-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
I picked it up today for the Xbox....seems real good so far...addictive...even if I did just start Underground mode and am racing a Neon!!!

Yeah i started out with a Neon, Then the Tiberon, then the impreza(gotta love that awd), now i got a 240sx. Also im standing at 51/111 racers beat in two days!

Juggalo
11-20-2003, 05:40 PM
they should change the name to need the speed: in the butt, cuz its about gay rice burners. lame!!

Cody_300ex
11-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
they should change the name to need the speed: in the butt, cuz its about gay rice burners. lame!!

Hey man dont be bashin rice burners. Yeah, i hate Ricers with the big wing, fart cannon and all that BS, but theres some around that have the power to back all that big wing, fart cannon, and stuff. So dont be bashin them.

TGW_400ex
11-20-2003, 06:07 PM
that games out? where can i download the demo?

Juggalo
11-20-2003, 06:52 PM
i know theres rice burners that are fast out there but so what. theres bar stools that are fast too. both are pointless. at least you get a laff with the barstool.

goldfish
11-20-2003, 08:04 PM
The official NFS website doesn't even have the demo of it on there. I had to go to fileshack.com and download it..pretty addicting. One problem is i dunno if its my computer running it like crap or if its supposed to be the effects, but the screens real crappy looking when i get going fast and real choppy/jumpy

MOFO
11-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by goldfish
The official NFS website doesn't even have the demo of it on there. I had to go to fileshack.com and download it..pretty addicting. One problem is i dunno if its my computer running it like crap or if its supposed to be the effects, but the screens real crappy looking when i get going fast and real choppy/jumpy

... its your PC... runs smooth as glass on mine.

BTW, I dont like the game at all. Give me GT4 when it comes out...

goldfish
11-20-2003, 08:33 PM
i was hoping you wouldn't say that...my computers really been sucking lately, cant run any games.

yea im really looking forward to gt4, looks like it'll be even better then the last. Im gonna actually try to get 100% completed on this one, not just lose interest at like 60%

balla250ex
11-21-2003, 07:08 AM
Ok, first off, I'm here to say that I HATE ricers. Yea, your right, some DO have a nice amount of power. But you have to spend TONS of money to get it there. Why don't you just go ahead and by a 67 Nova SS and drop a 528CI in there, mod it up a bit, and have twice as much (if not more) power than those ricers who spend 500,000+?? Sure, the Nova and the motor is gonna be pricey, but it's not gonna cost as much as it does to make a 4 cyl. have good HP like you see on these TV shows.

Anyways, I have'nt played it yet. It sounds pretty good from what I hear from you guys. I could'nt stand Midnight Club 2. The cars were pretty hot, but it was the same thing over and over. The only car I really liked on there was the purple muscle car and I liked the streetbikes.

Red00Honda400EX
11-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by balla250ex
Ok, first off, I'm here to say that I HATE ricers. Yea, your right, some DO have a nice amount of power. But you have to spend TONS of money to get it there. Why don't you just go ahead and by a 67 Nova SS and drop a 528CI in there, mod it up a bit, and have twice as much (if not more) power than those ricers who spend 500,000+?? Sure, the Nova and the motor is gonna be pricey, but it's not gonna cost as much as it does to make a 4 cyl. have good HP like you see on these TV shows.

Anyways, I have'nt played it yet. It sounds pretty good from what I hear from you guys. I could'nt stand Midnight Club 2. The cars were pretty hot, but it was the same thing over and over. The only car I really liked on there was the purple muscle car and I liked the streetbikes.

Theres a difference between rice and foreign cars. A nice RX7 or MKIV would be pretty sweet. Both cars can make oogles of horse power and still be reliable. Why people don't just drop a big crate motor into an old car is because those old cars couldn't take a corner to save their lives. Not everyone just wants to go in a straight line these days. I myself have an 02 ws6 with a built motor in it. It's not the fastest care in the world and may not handle better than anything out there but its faster than the majority of cars on the road and handles better than anything I've driven. I don't like or support people that don't buy domestic cars but theres nothing I can do about it. When I see a civic with a wing rolling down the street I point, laugh, and yell something at them so they know I'm laughint AT them. hehe

balla250ex
11-21-2003, 09:40 AM
WS6?!?!!? You've just made a jealous man outta me lol. Yea, they CAN be fast and reliable, but you mean to tell me you would rather have an RX7 than ur trans am??

Throw a turbocharger on ur WS6 and you would whip an RX-7 in everything imaginable. And your Trans Am probably handle just as good if not better than an RX7.

I once saw a video of a Skyline-R and a SS camaro. the SS Camaro was nearly stock except for small stuff like maybe exhaust. The Skyline was hooked up. Camaro beat it by 2 1/2 car lengths. Now, I know what your gonna say, the SS driver could be much better than the one in the skyline, b/c I have seen civics beat vettes. Somehow...but the number of videos I have seen where the muscle car beats the ricer has outnumbered the number of times the ricers have won HEAVILY. But, hey, whatta I know?

Adam202
11-21-2003, 10:18 AM
i would take a rx7 over a ws6 anyday. im sick of these dam arguments over imports and domestics. i find its mostly stupid wannabe rednecks in these aruguments who dont know ****.

balla250ex
11-21-2003, 10:52 AM
ok look... that's your opinion, this is mine. But I find it kinda hard to believe that you would rather spend money on something that, yes CAN be fast, but still won't be as fast if you would buy a big V8. That's my opinion. Trust me, I know what's fast and what's not. Let's see a WS6 and a RX-7 with the same amount of money out into them, you name the amount, and we'll see who wins.

My friend's dad has 2 Drag cars. He's got a Nova with a 509c.i. in which he is currently rebuilding the engine. I believe it was a 503 originally, but he bored it a little bit over. It's also juiced. His 2nd car is a Barracuda with a 528c.i. Sure, these cars might not handle for ****. They might not have 500,000 dumped into them. But by god I would kill to see one of these fast and furious "civics" race one of them. Then we'll see who don't know what they're talkin about.

spincr4hire
11-21-2003, 11:28 AM
best buy had it for $50, I'm waiting till it goes down in price a little.

balla250ex
11-21-2003, 03:12 PM
I downloaded it but I needed Directx 9.0 orsompin like that, so I was like forget it. It prally would'nt run rite on my comp anywho.

12-29-2003, 04:45 PM
I got the game for x-mas and i got 83/111 races done and i was wondering if anyone had any cheat codes for it that accually work because the ones of the net dont seem to work :confused2
if you do leave a post or e-mail me at
trautman@fast.net

thanks
Nick

Toadz400
12-29-2003, 05:20 PM
speaking of ricers...has anyone seen 2 Fast 2 Furious? funniest movie ever....

i watched the movie for the first time at my cousin's house this weekend, and they all like ricers i guess...and what i laughed so hard about was when they were dragging, the car would be topped out and the speedo said 80mph! i laughed my ***** off and said my banshee goes faster than that! then the guy hit both his NOS buttons and was barely pushing 120mph:p oh man that movie was gay...lol

it's sad that my stratus could waste those cars, lol

12-29-2003, 05:38 PM
i got the game for christmas and it is adicting i have a honda civic all tricked out and am rengthed 6 in all events the drag racing is my favorite part

KASCHAK
12-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Yeah i started out with a Neon, Then the Tiberon, then the impreza(gotta love that awd), now i got a 240sx. Also im standing at 51/111 racers beat in two days!

lol i started with the neon then the impreza now i swiech between the s200 0and the impreza for drags i use the s2000 for real races and the drifts i use the impreza. im 3rd in ciriuit 2nd in drag 3rd in drifting and 3rd in the other kinda race.

theTman
12-29-2003, 07:25 PM
i luv that game..i luv it soo much i played it frum 11PM till 615AM..lmfao i was soo tired

KASCHAK
12-29-2003, 07:28 PM
I played it when my cousin from 5pm to 7am then delivered his papers and came back and played till 9 then went to bed lol.

Guy400
12-29-2003, 07:48 PM
I was just about to buy this game but then I heard some mixed reviews about it at the Xbox website. I like the fact that the cars can be built and customized but don't like the car selection. I heard Project Gotham Racing 2 is a much better game but cars can't be customized at all.

If I had PS2 I'd be all over GT4 when it comes out next week!!

TGW_400ex
12-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I was just about to buy this game but then I heard some mixed reviews about it at the Xbox website. I like the fact that the cars can be built and customized but don't like the car selection. I heard Project Gotham Racing 2 is a much better game but cars can't be customized at all.

If I had PS2 I'd be all over GT4 when it comes out next week!!

There releasein Gran Turismo 4??? I didn't know that i might have to stop by and buy that when it comes out

Guy400
12-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
There releasein Gran Turismo 4??? I didn't know that i might have to stop by and buy that when it comes out Yes, I think the release date is January 5th or 6th.

ReconRider25
12-29-2003, 09:44 PM
i got nfs undergound 3 days ago and im already 68/111. i got a acura rsx or whatever.....i think its alot better then that supra.....anyone wanna play online?:devil: :p

12-29-2003, 09:47 PM
i was wondering how do you play online...........whats there website for the game

:huh :huh :confused2

ReconRider25
12-29-2003, 09:50 PM
in the main menu you just go down to play online or whatever.:p

crap-banshee32
12-29-2003, 10:14 PM
the skyline is the best car:D

FreekShow
12-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
speaking of ricers...has anyone seen 2 Fast 2 Furious? funniest movie ever....

i watched the movie for the first time at my cousin's house this weekend, and they all like ricers i guess...and what i laughed so hard about was when they were dragging, the car would be topped out and the speedo said 80mph! i laughed my ***** off and said my banshee goes faster than that! then the guy hit both his NOS buttons and was barely pushing 120mph:p oh man that movie was gay...lol

it's sad that my stratus could waste those cars, lol

Unless you have a stock stratus, they have a limiter at 115 doesn't let u go any faster. Not like I know or anything:devil:

12-30-2003, 11:12 AM
im playin it now. already unlocked the skyline. got it 2 days ago. its much better than midnight club2. i started out with the civic, then the eclipse and am now on the skyline

Nausty
12-30-2003, 04:47 PM
i got the game over christmas, i'm pry on 75 out of 111. Pretty cool game but I don't really get why I can't just buy parts as I get the money instead of having to wait. Also I'd like to be able to buy multiple cars and also have some differant things to do. Is all you can do is drag, sprint, circuit or drift in the same city and its just kinda getting boring. Pretty fun dragging and racing w/ two players though.

NJ250Rrider
12-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Sierra's nascar 2003 season by Papyrus is THE best online racing game. But its a full scale racing sim so most people dont have the skill/time to get good at it. It has oval tracks, Road tracks, Cup cars,IROC cars,CTS trucks,Touring cars(vettes and mustangs).