PDA

View Full Version : Oregon/Washington Duners

rhandw69
11-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Er, i guess this could go to any duners that are familiar with what im asking about.
Do any of you west coast duners out there that primarily ride the Oregon dunes doing the nasty tree shots, have either the Hotcams that are offered. I am still running the XR cam. My bike runs very good shooting out of holes. However i want more mid to top end power. Therefore im looking at upgrading to the Hotcam. My only worry on this is that it may effect my ability to launch my way out of some of the idiot holes by loosing any bottom end power. So is anyone running the hotcams and how are you likeing it for hillclimbing. Or even if its not the hot cam then anything else made for mid to top.
RHan

airheadedduner
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
For a 440 mine lacks low end cause I runa mid to top cam, it stalls very easy. I belive it is one of the wilder web cams. I have no problems on the tree shots. I have been MX'n it latly and off the line, 2nd gear starts it brings up the front end big time......with a +4 swingarm. If your a decent rider it should not effect your hill climbing ability;)

rhandw69
11-19-2003, 03:47 PM
From a stand still when racing at the dunes, my front is very light. Like you, im putting on the +4" swingarm. Im putting on one by Sandragon Motorsports. I tend to take my bike down some iffy holes that sometimes i surprise myself that it climbs its way out, but then again, thats what i built it for. I just want more top end now!!

Manny55
11-21-2003, 07:49 AM
Hey Oregon/Washington duners. Another Oregon duner here.

airheadedduner
11-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by rhandw69
From a stand still when racing at the dunes, my front is very light. Like you, im putting on the +4" swingarm. Im putting on one by Sandragon Motorsports. I tend to take my bike down some iffy holes that sometimes i surprise myself that it climbs its way out, but then again, thats what i built it for. I just want more top end now!!
Keeping the revs up a little more is all you need to do with the wilder cam. I actully don't recomend a +4 swingarm, I don't like mine. It is too much for anything other then hill shooting and hitting the idiot holes. I think a +2 would be better for all round fun.

Hey manny, welcome. What area are you in, do you race?

Manny55
11-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Hey I live in Banks, Oregon its about an hour from the coast of tillamook. i own a 1982 ATC250r*has a full dg exhaust,boyesen reeds, k&n air filter buts in the proccess of being rebuilt for 800 dollars
and i own a 2003 400ex with a supertrapp exhaust, and k&n filter and then i jsut got this one my baby 2004 Limited Edition Banshee with toomey TR6 exhaust/kit (gives it 8 more hp). My ex and shee have geckos on it and then my ATC250r has sand devils. I most ride in the sand.

And no i dont race i just got into the ATV thing last June i started out with a ATC250r and it was fun so me and my dad wanted to ride together so we got the ex which cant keep up that well with the R. ANd then my sister was getting into riding also so we got the banshee a month ago. Me and my dad switch off on the 250r and the Banshee and my sister rides the ex. I need to make into a 440ex i need more power in that baby. I heard to make it a 440ex is like 1500-2000 dollars though.

airheadedduner
11-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Cylce Sports of Eugene did my 440. The previous owner had it done there. THey did an awesome job. It got the works, several thousand in motor mods. I have no problems ridding wheelies all day with my +4 swinger:devil: You can get cheaper 440 kits. I know the parts themselves are not that expensive(piston, sleave), its the labor in punching out the old sleave, boreing the cylinder, and putting in the new sleave. THe mods nessicerry to make the 440 really shine are where most of the money spent. Carb, porting and head mods, cam, ect, ect...
My grandpa has the TR6 setup on his shee. I like it alot though it still had that damn flat spot on the bottom of the range. I like them almost as much as cut T3's. They are in improvement over the T5's. Tommey is deffinatly good at making shees go fast.

Manny55
11-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Where are you located at airheaduner. I'm looking forward to get the 440 done. After christmas or something like that.

Manny55
11-21-2003, 11:57 AM
how good does your 440 go can u keep up with a stock shee? Did you get a bigger carb when u got the 440 done.

Manny55
11-21-2003, 12:06 PM
pics of my shee, ex and 250r

http://3wheelerworldforums.com/download.php?id=6862

http://3wheelerworldforums.com/download.php?id=6863

http://3wheelerworldforums.com/download.php?id=6305

airheadedduner
11-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Keep up with a stock shee?? LOL my cousins shee is built by dtr. Ported, 34pwk carbs, lots of stuff. On comp hill in florence I can beat him by a bike length. I am very happy with my 440, at the track last week I got the chance to line up against a piped yfz450 and had no problems beating it though it was only about 40-50yrds to the first corner. I have the 39 fcr with no choke. It is kind of a pain to start but it needs that carb to run good. I am located in a small town about 35 miles east of salem.

Chef
11-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Rhan, go with a +2. With my +2, I can do everything I want, and it still keeps the front end down pretty good. I can wheelie it anytime I want still, but with 10 paddle haulers and way more motor than normal, that happens. :cool: :blah:

Narly R
11-21-2003, 08:21 PM
WELCOME man! and hey Aaron, get ahold of me for that next race in salem!:)

Baley69
11-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Nice banshee man! I live in Salem, and me and my gf were going to start going to the fairgrounds to mess around a little. Anyone been there?

airheadedduner
11-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Baley69
Nice banshee man! I live in Salem, and me and my gf were going to start going to the fairgrounds to mess around a little. Anyone been there?
I have been going there and will be trying to go at least twice a month. Went the 8th and 14th. Track is great, very quad friendly. Cost is $20 for entry, $8 gate fee, $3 parking, and a $10 for non CMC members. They have not been charging me the $10 but I bring it just in case. I have been racing the quad-amature class. I will be there again the 29th. www.albanymx.com for more info.

and hey Aaron, get ahold of me for that next race in salem!29th, hopefully no crashes or other incidents this time:o Damn shoulder is killing me:( LMK if you are gonna come up and race.

Narly R
11-21-2003, 11:00 PM
I DEFENTLY will be there the 29th if I can! thats this saturday and sunday right? PM me the info, like how to get there. Ill talk with my mom and dad and see if they can take me up! Do dirtbikes race too?

da_catt
11-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Hey I have a hot cam stage 2 in my 400ex and it works good for hill climbs and idiot holes. i am still running the stock piston so i did lose bottom end power. I have been down every idiot hole i could find (at florence and coose bay) and made it out of them all. some it was a little bit of a challenge, leaning over the bars trying to help get the tires spinning. i run 8 paddle extremes. The little loss of bottom end power was worth the ganes in mid and top end power.

carlj75
11-26-2003, 12:47 AM
Rhand: I have the stage 2 cam in mine. It seems to work pretty good at the dunes. I was just looking at sanddragon's site, but can't find any 400ex swingarms??
Chef: What kind of swingarm do you have and how much did you pay for it? I can't decide between a +4 or +2.

Chef
11-26-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by carlj75
Chef: What kind of swingarm do you have and how much did you pay for it? I can't decide between a +4 or +2.

Its a CAFD Engineering swingarm. Kory Ellis ran one on his 426 a couple years back. I think I paid 550 like 2 years ago. I dont know if they are still in business or what. Pretty sweet swingarm though.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Chef/extended swingarm0002 cut.jpg