PDA

View Full Version : Snow Snow Snow

dirtmomma
11-19-2003, 08:33 AM
OK I knwo most of you get snow & too much but here in the NW we rarely get it at least where we are so I thought I would take a pic but it's not the best!!! It's pretty cool though & the kids are major excited whoo hooo. It's supposed to bring a couple inches so that'll be fun. I wish it would just keep snowing about 3ft, I'm from South Dakota originally so I used to be used to it now it's like Christmas hahaha. It's taken me oh aobut 8 yrs to get used to no snow at Christmas time:rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p96c395dfab969fe0dafd712c591f2af9/fa84eafd.jpg

44oEX
11-19-2003, 08:37 AM
Yeah we got a little snow the other day dut it did not stay long.

I know what you mean x-mas with no snow suck's.

FourFiftyFour
11-19-2003, 09:25 AM
whats snow? :huh

we sometimes are wearing shorts on christmas day :rolleyes: it sux

MOFO
11-19-2003, 09:30 AM
I agree.. gotta have snow for x-mas morning... just wouldnt seem right without it. :D

Jeffksf
11-19-2003, 09:57 AM
What do ya mean no snow in WA? They set the single season snowfall record there a few years ago, I think it was around 1100" :eek2:

They had to dig the skilifts out at Mt. Baker:eek2: :eek2:

I wish I was there.

It better start getting cold here soon or I'll be getting cranky, it was 59 degrees this morning!

dirtmomma
11-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeffksf
What do ya mean no snow in WA? They set the single season snowfall record there a few years ago, I think it was around 1100" :eek2:

They had to dig the skilifts out at Mt. Baker:eek2: :eek2:

I wish I was there.

It better start getting cold here soon or I'll be getting cranky, it was 59 degrees this morning!

YES we do get snow but it's up in the mountains, we are at about 500' level so we don't get it often :)

seatec
11-19-2003, 01:06 PM
im dying to get some snow just so i have an excuse to put some paddle tires on my quad and ride around the neighborhood.

MXcutie
11-19-2003, 01:25 PM
we got a few inches last wed/thurs but it was all gone by friday... i'm kinda happy we dont have any snow yet... it can wait till i'm in FL

theTman
11-19-2003, 01:31 PM
i want snow to go snowmobileing and snowboarding..and ride the quad in the snow!!!THINK SNOW

dirtmomma
11-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by seatec
im dying to get some snow just so i have an excuse to put some paddle tires on my quad and ride around the neighborhood.

HEHEHE I already thought of that but I have my radials on the front & I know I wouldn't go anywhere w/ those & by the time I changed them it would be gone!!

thursday
11-19-2003, 05:59 PM
last year in northern NJ we got the most snow in like 20 years i went snow riding about 10 times it was great we also had a state of emergency people were bringing there quads on the highway but this year it doesnt look like much snow is coming:grr:

flyin#5
11-19-2003, 06:02 PM
last few years we were riding on almost all dirt for cristmas:huh our weather is just wierd... a week ago it was like a high of 10 degrees, this week its a high of like 60.

ny300exrider
11-19-2003, 06:07 PM
i cant wait to rip around in the snow. last year i took the roads around all day when there was like 4 inches on the road... it was awsome. thursday think positive!!!! i hope we get some good snow i wanna go even further than i rode last year.

JUSTINcredible
11-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
last few years we were riding on almost all dirt for cristmas:huh our weather is just wierd... a week ago it was like a high of 10 degrees, this week its a high of like 60.

yea 10 last week, 60 this week, and sounds like really cold this weekend with a snow storm coming, sounds like it could be alot too... maybe we will actualy have a normal winter this year, and no 70's in the middle of february:huh

11-19-2003, 06:29 PM
these past two days we got about 7-8 inches of sweet sweet snow:devil: i hope we getr more.think positive:blah:

Giz400ex
11-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Well, if all you people want snow! I'll be gladly to give some............matter of fact, you can have it all!!!!:D Take it please!!!!:D :D

Ryan
11-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Well, if all you people want snow! I'll be gladly to give some............matter of fact, you can have it all!!!!:D Take it please!!!!:D :D

I agree. Snow sucks :mad: . Its nice when they cancel school though ;) .

4wheelboy
11-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by thursday
last year in northern NJ we got the most snow in like 20 years i went snow riding about 10 times it was great we also had a state of emergency people were bringing there quads on the highway but this year it doesnt look like much snow is coming:grr:

hell yea that was badassss. we rode to like 4 diferent towns:devil:

tclapp
11-19-2003, 07:36 PM
The Ohio Vally has the craziest weather ever, we have a high of like 67 and a low of 33 and it is almost december this is so unsual weather for Indiana by now its usually like 20-40 degrees

LTandRaptorider
11-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
OK I knwo most of you get snow & too much but here in the NW we rarely get it at least where we are so I thought I would take a pic but it's not the best!!! It's pretty cool though & the kids are major excited whoo hooo. It's supposed to bring a couple inches so that'll be fun. I wish it would just keep snowing about 3ft, I'm from South Dakota originally so I used to be used to it now it's like Christmas hahaha. It's taken me oh aobut 8 yrs to get used to no snow at Christmas time:rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p96c395dfab969fe0dafd712c591f2af9/fa84eafd.jpg

Space... The Final Frontier... :D

Woodsrider
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
YES we do get snow but it's up in the mountains, we are at about 500' level so we don't get it often :)

You got more than we did. It didn't even stick. We are at 900 feet but a tad too far south. The kids are watching the snow line on the Enumclaw mountains and chompin at the bit to go play in the snow. LOL I keep telling them just to wait, the snow will be better after Christmas:D They just don't understand why:confused: :devil:

Chef
11-19-2003, 07:57 PM
We've got about 4 just sittin there. Supposed to get 4 more tonight. :D

JTRtrx250r
11-19-2003, 07:58 PM
we got about 3-4 inches,still on the roofs around here,1 of my kids woke me up at 4:30am and wanted to go play in it...so I got up and we did,took his moms rig out and played for a couple hrs,:D :devil: cant wait for more..:blah: :macho :devil:

JTRtrx250r
11-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
You got more than we did. It didn't even stick. We are at 900 feet but a tad too far south. The kids are watching the snow line on the Enumclaw mountains and chompin at the bit to go play in the snow. LOL I keep telling them just to wait, the snow will be better after Christmas:D They just don't understand why:confused: :devil: lol:D :devil: :D ,they will!!

Quad18star
11-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Its almost the end of november and we dont have any snow here yet . It snowed like 5 inches the other day but it all melted . Im glad there isnt snow . Ive lived with it for the last 20 years and seems every winter is getting shorter and shorter . About 100 miles north of wheer I live they got over a foot . Today we had plus 10 degrees celcius ( u do the math to find out ferenheit)

Martin Blair
11-19-2003, 08:48 PM
we got a chance for some monday i hope we get some, snowday+ short week for turky day = spring break in the fall

kicker696
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
personally i think the only thing snow is good for is snowboarding, i plan to move some place southwest next year and live by mountains, but get out of this midwest/wisconsin weather jumping

SGA
11-19-2003, 10:13 PM
I've been waiting for a thread like this. Yesterday it was somewhere between 75 and 80 degrees. I was like, is it ever gonna cool down? Jeesh!

JOEX
11-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I've been waiting for a thread like this. Yesterday it was somewhere between 75 and 80 degrees. I was like, is it ever gonna cool down? Jeesh!
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :devil:

It even snowed down here, no one was expecting it. Came down for about three hous, enough to stick to the ground but not much on the streets.

Joe

airheadedduner
11-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :devil:

It even snowed down here, no one was expecting it. Came down for about three hous, enough to stick to the ground but not much on the streets.

Joe
4 inches here. I am at 900ft and they are expecting it to snow down to the valley floor and stick above 500ft. It is all frozen now though, cars crashed everywhere on the hwy. In salem it was like peple thought it was the apocolypse, damn city people. Time to take the 440 fora little joyride down the street.:devil: tow'n a sled of course.

Glow Plug
11-20-2003, 03:06 PM
we have like 1/2 an inch :grr: I need more snow lol

thursday
11-20-2003, 03:20 PM
eh we should all just sit back and prepare our quads for it... winter doesnt really start until dec.22 or 23 so im just gonna chill until then:)

ny300exrider
11-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by thursday
eh we should all just sit back and prepare our quads for it... winter doesnt really start until dec.22 or 23 so im just gonna chill until then:) amen to that you got the same ideas as me

Woodsrider
11-20-2003, 05:54 PM
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!:mad:

This really sucks! Six inches on the lawn and the roads are covered. This better not stick around, or I'll never make it to Christmas. All of my kids friends are riding in thier pasture.

dirtmomma
11-21-2003, 07:09 AM
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!:mad:

This really sucks! Six inches on the lawn and the roads are covered. This better not stick around, or I'll never make it to Christmas. All of my kids friends are riding in thier pasture.

HEHEHE Awe come on Soggy......it'll be gone in a few hours I'm sure we didnt' get any up this way :( Oh well it would of sucked @ the races w/ snow as it is it's gonna be colder than a witches tit:eek2: supposed to be like 28 degrees Sat night :eek: BUUURRRRRRR
Well ya better get that new toy out for them kids of yours LOL AWE come on dad please please please can we ride PPLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!! Oh sorry just getting youready for when they get it get used to hearing that!!!:D

JTRtrx250r
11-21-2003, 12:27 PM
HEHEHE Awe come on Soggy......it'll be gone in a few hours I'm sure we didnt' get any up this way :( Oh well it would of sucked @ the races w/ snow as it is it's gonna be colder than a witches tit:eek2: supposed to be like 28 degrees Sat night :eek: BUUURRRRRRR
Well ya better get that new toy out for them kids of yours LOL AWE come on dad please please please can we ride PPLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!! Oh sorry just getting youready for when they get it get used to hearing that!!!:D they used to let us bring in propane heaters,but that was when the place was still cool:D haha,that spongy track gets as hard as the pavement and when it freezes its real hard to get traction:D I might cruise out there and say Hi to some old friends..if we dont go riding(up in the snow),I'll track ya down and say Hello:D

dirtmomma
11-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
they used to let us bring in propane heaters,but that was when the place was still cool:D haha,that spongy track gets as hard as the pavement and when it freezes its real hard to get traction:D I might cruise out there and say Hi to some old friends..if we dont go riding(up in the snow),I'll track ya down and say Hello:D

Yeah it's a bummer you can't have heaters inside :( we will have a heater & trailer to hang out in so thats good but we usually are busy walking around watching everyone race. Yep stop by & say Hi we should be by the outdoor arena(North of it) we might have a RIDE canopy set uup but not sure yet maybe we'll see ya :):)

Woodsrider
11-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Well ya better get that new toy out for them kids of yours LOL AWE come on dad please please please can we ride PPLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!! Oh sorry just getting youready for when they get it get used to hearing that!!!:D

Well its still on the ground here. I'm thinkin about headin up to Buck creek air field tommorow to play in the deep stuff. And no I aint takin the new mini either.They will just have to wait till Christmas:cool:

Woodsrider
11-21-2003, 07:02 PM
they used to let us bring in propane heaters,but that was when the place was still cool:D haha,that spongy track gets as hard as the pavement and when it freezes its real hard to get traction:D I might cruise out there and say Hi to some old friends..if we dont go riding(up in the snow),I'll track ya down and say Hello:D

Where do you go to ride in the snow?

Narly R
11-21-2003, 07:04 PM
we just got snow about 2 weeks ago and it sticked a little, and today it snowed a little! I think this winter will be good!:D

JTRtrx250r
11-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Where do you go to ride in the snow? a place called Liberty,Cabin Creek,or up hi-way 2,my pals were tellin' me they ride a few of the sled trails up at the pass,I havent got a chance to check it out yet,we do a chit-load of night ridin':D

QuadJunkies
11-21-2003, 08:37 PM
WEll Im bummed..... Tomorrows weather called for Snow, but the weather guy is wrong as usual.......:rolleyes: instead, its going to be around 15 degrees and we all have a Holiday parade to ride in and have to be out at 8 am for it.....:eek2:

dirtmomma
11-22-2003, 08:43 AM
a place called Liberty,Cabin Creek,or up hi-way 2,my pals were tellin' me they ride a few of the sled trails up at the pass,I havent got a chance to check it out yet,we do a chit-load of night ridin':D

Yeah on our anniversary a couple years a go we took the quads out Hwy20 past Granite Falls & there's a littel motel that we stayed at then drove up the rode a couple miles & rode in the DEEP snow, in fact we ended up digging & pulling out a Jeep Cherokee w/ my Kodiak:eek2: there was some good trails up there too, to get to it you just go out Hwy20 to the blue bridge!!

JTRtrx250r
11-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Ive been up to Walker Vally in the winter time and 1/2 way up we hit the snow line,but the trails were so tight and narrow ..it made it hard to have fun in it,Reiter isnt much dif up top but wide enough to get slide-ways:D Whats up w/ this place Ive been hearing about called P5000?Have you guys been there?I already heard they were gonna close it down....,hope not...I haven't been there to check it out and I just love scouting new places to ride,even if its just to tell myself its not worth goin' back:D :blah:

balla250ex
11-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Snow??? It was 77 here today... we usually get snow every year, but it comes in January usually... sometime after christmas.

dirtmomma
11-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Ive been up to Walker Vally in the winter time and 1/2 way up we hit the snow line,but the trails were so tight and narrow ..it made it hard to have fun in it,Reiter isnt much dif up top but wide enough to get slide-ways:D Whats up w/ this place Ive been hearing about called P5000?Have you guys been there?I already heard they were gonna close it down....,hope not...I haven't been there to check it out and I just love scouting new places to ride,even if its just to tell myself its not worth goin' back:D :blah:

If it's the same place I'm thinking of it's up in Granite Falls we've been there a few times it's pretty good riding, it's logging roads & you can go off on some trails also I personally like it up there. Maybe one weekend we'll have to meet up there & go for a ride, it's only about 25min from my house if that!!:)