PDA

View Full Version : realtors good in snow?

ny300exrider
11-19-2003, 05:17 AM
are realtor tires better than stock 400ex tires in the snow because i dont know wheather to just save the money and use stocks or look for a set of used realtors. post what you think thanks.

YZEATER
11-19-2003, 06:39 AM
they are excellent in the snow. most any tire out there will be better then the stock 400ex tires in the snow.

44oEX
11-19-2003, 07:29 AM
realtors are good if you have the power to turn them.

Razr2 are also a good snow tire.

YZEATER
11-19-2003, 12:56 PM
i had them on my 250x before i sold it. they would turn it and it could go almost anywhere in the snow just not real fast. i need to try them on my 250r now tho. i bought brand new razr's of january this year and the were good in the snow, just had to spin them fast.

ny300exrider
11-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by YZEATER
they are excellent in the snow. most any tire out there will be better then the stock 400ex tires in the snow. you sure about that? i heard stock 400 tires arent all that bad in sand and snow.. we'll find out this winter

yellow_ho_01
11-19-2003, 09:12 PM
last year i had sand tires on, i had the "dune trackers" in the front and "the trackers" in the rear, they were awsome!! just dont use them on HARD surfaces very long and take it easy if you get onto a road. i was riding around on the snowmobile trails with 3 friends that were on sleds, i was hiting 5th gear like there was no snow!(and not just spinning either) you wont be disappointed!!!

RIDER11X
11-19-2003, 09:50 PM
I want to try some Paddle Masters! Anyone using those?:blah:

ny300exrider
11-20-2003, 05:03 AM
well i dont really want paddles because im going to be doing mostly road riding and the snow on the road is usually packed down and it probably would be a rough ride with paddles.. im gonna see if stock work ok then if they are crap just get some realtors or 4-snows

komatsu kid
11-20-2003, 05:19 AM
last year i had realtors on my 250x also they worked really good in the snow:cool:

speedy400
11-20-2003, 08:53 AM
realtors are alright the paddles get filled in fast depending on the condition of the snow. stockers are alright 2, its just you need to learn how to ride snow, its pretty diffrent, you usually have to "bog" the engine, well thats what I had the best luck with... I'm trying out paddles this year, I got some with it when I gort the wheeler'.-darren

speedy400
11-20-2003, 08:55 AM
oh yeah I have razers on now and they get pluged up pretty fast, I'd say they are just as good as stock, but I'd take the realtors over those 2-darren

300exOH
11-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Look into mud machines. My 300ex got around awesome in the snow last year with them. We had a very snowy year last year too. They never load up with snow and they have huge lugs that are somewhat like paddles. I know Magic Racing has them and maybe C&D also? They are smooth on the road too. I run mine at around 3.5psi also which helps.

bleupoud
11-20-2003, 10:29 PM
maxxis 4-snow or osthu pro-edje will be your real choice for snow riding (even on deep snow)

bleupoud
11-20-2003, 10:32 PM
and i assure that your stock one are not bad compare to most of other tire but i don't know nothin abour realtor in the snow

swamprider7
11-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Realtor's kick ***** in the snow! They are heavy though.

bigbadbrad
11-23-2003, 05:23 PM
yellow ho o1 you still have those skis you made? and do you still have those paddles?

DEAL
11-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Might wanna try some blackwaters or regular wolley booger tires <- they don't have the most agressive tread compared to realtors or blackwaters but trust me they work amazing in the snow.

yellow_ho_01
11-24-2003, 01:36 PM
yes i do still have the skiis, but i sold the tires(stupid me) now im looking into buying some new paddles, i JUST bought razr 2's for the front, should be here next tues. IM me man,,,,

yellow_ho_01
12-25-2003, 06:57 PM
hey,.. just to help anyone out that is interesting buying sand tires and using them in the snow.... even though im 23 years old,.. my parents still listen!!... they bought me a set of GBC paddle master tires for this winter in the snow ( ive been wanting to buy them anyways but said id wait til after christmas) so i got them today and put them right on (mount on new red label wheels!) all i got to say is WOW. i had "THE TRACKER" rear tires last year, but these are alot better. to start with, being originally a mud tire,.. the lugs are super heavy duty,... on the normal sand tire the tip of the paddle might be like 1/8" thick,. at most!... then it tappers down to a bigger base. on these paddlemasters,.. the tip is about 3/8" thick and the base is about 1 1/4" thick,... this means that it will not crack as easy if at all!! so they will last alot longer. after mounting them up i had to try them of course,... first test was to just see how far across one part of the yard i could go, i knew id have to dig out and go back in the same track. this stretch was started with a 3ft tall snow bank,.. then the yard was filled with about 1 foot of snow for about 200ft. ALL of the snow to include the bank was REALLY WET STICKY snow. so i took off and hit the bank just barely into 2nd gear... NAILED THE GAS as i hit the bank,.. went through some of it, but for the most part went right up over it, got alittle bit of air, just like 1-2 feet,.. landed and ALMOST came to a instant stop,... UNTIL MY TIRES CAUGHT!!... then it was just like a rocket!!! i was able to shift up through 3rd gear gaining speed quickly,.. in 1 foot of wet snow! i went back around again, without hitting the bank and was able to keep going through the 1 foot of snow like there was not much there..... id di find out two bad things about the tires though,.. 1- since they are so stiff,.. they ride HARD!!! 2- THEY THROUGH LOTS OF SNOW not normally a problem) but here you just get covered,... then it melts.. you get wet,.. and then your cold,... but all in all....WOW if you ride in the snow with a normal tire.... YOU ARE CRAZY>>> TRY THESE OUT.... i got acouple pics.... but not on the computer yet,... ill post as soon as i get them on. MERRY CHRISTAMS