View Full Version : Diets?

Porkchop
11-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Well guys..... ol' Porkchops getting lazy again and I need to loose weight. I need a good healthy diet that will work, I'd like to drop down to atleast 250 in about 2 months.. if its posiable. Im close to 300 now. Any help guys??? :macho

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-18-2003, 10:01 PM
have some one tie a fishing pole to your back with an oreo strung to it and get on the tredmill, you will be running for hours, thats how i lost some wieght. jk but seriosuly go for some light jogs and work your way up, and eat healthy food and you should loose some wieght

quadracer12
11-19-2003, 07:14 AM
on the 4th of july i weighed 270lb. today i weight 205lb. it takes alot of work. but you have to realize that its 90% mind. before you give your body a overhaul you must first overhaul your mind. i completly changed my lifestyle. at first i cut out soda's (stops arm pump too). then cut meals in half. my girlfriend and i started walking and riding bicycles. in the last two months i have been going to the gym everyday.

if your looking for support and good advise there is a good forum at mens health magazine web site. they have a forum on fitness and a wieght loss forum called belly off club.

50lb in 60 days is alot! i have been at it for 4 months now and only lost 65lb. i exercise hard each day. weight train and cardo. eat right. and never ever cheat on my diet. my goal is to lose a total of 100lb by next 4th of july.

jcsact
11-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Great job quadracer12!!! I need to loose a few pounds too. I was working out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday before I got married but 2 years later and about 70lbs heavier it is time to come off. I quite smoking too so hopefully the cardio will help me more. :) Good luck on your goal.

cody anderson
11-19-2003, 10:04 AM
here's what I do. Ride for 2hours, then run 2 miles, then lift weights for 1 hour and run 1 more mile. Everyday...

Doibugu2
11-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
here's what I do. Ride for 2hours, then run 2 miles, then lift weights for 1 hour and run 1 more mile. Everyday...

Are you one of those kids that needed riddlen (sp)?

You seem to always have tons of energy, I sometimes get tired reading your posts!:eek:

jcsact
11-19-2003, 10:19 AM

Are you one of those kids that needed riddlen (sp)?

You seem to always have tons of energy, I sometimes get tired reading your posts!

LMAO. I am with you I think I lost a couple just reading that. My younger brother is like that. Make me sick. LOL

airheadedduner
11-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by js52589
drinking almost nothing but water...
14lbs in 8 weeks by simply not drinking pop, and drinking lots of water. No other change in diet. I do light lifting, not to build muscle, but for endurance. Just getting your heart rate up for 20 min a few times a week is good.

DESDAK4
11-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Two and a half months ago I weighed 195, which is to heavy for me being only 5'9" in the military, today I weighed in at 160. I switched to diet soda and went on the ATKINS diet along with my riding and outdoor stuff that I do (no gym time) it has worked really well.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

cody anderson
11-19-2003, 11:56 AM
No, I don't need any of that riddlinl' stuff. I just wanna be a machine when I'm on the track... unfortunatly there are a lot of other people that are also machines in my classes, and if I race pro production next year... I'll probably look like the fat kid in dodge ball... slow, and the first one out.

khen
11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
I lost 30# in 1 1/2 months on the Atkins diet about a year ago. From 200 down to 170. Unfortunatly I stopped doing it and I am back at 200. :( I need to get back on..

DESDAK4
11-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Yeah you have to add in just enough to maintan your wieght on this diet you can't just quit.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Doibugu2
11-19-2003, 12:29 PM
... I'll probably look like the fat kid in dodge ball... slow, and the first one out.

are you making fun of me?:mad:

;)