PDA

View Full Version : Rode the YFZ 450 Sunday

dannyboy20
11-18-2003, 07:57 PM
I went riring and some guy that new my friend came with his yfz450. He had it jetted and air box cover removed. This thing sounded loud with the stock pipe. We rode some trails and in a pit and i was staying wright with him. Then he let me take it for a ride and was running like sh$t.( seat is umcomfortable ) It felt like the choke was on or something he thought something was stuck in the carb. I took off in first and had a bith of a time getting the shifter into second. I had to take my foot off the peg and lift it. Then i rode it around but wasnt able to feel the full power because it was running poorly. Oh well just thought id let you guys know how my first ride was.

Martin Blair
11-18-2003, 09:11 PM
we ran into a guy a little shara with one, i got my bike set up for woods and we where messing aror8nd in the trees i was keeping right up with him, my firne xcon a z400 with a ct pipe for top end was having trouble, the guy had advance the timing and have a sparks pipe it was running well i was surpiresed i could keep upw ith him, probably has a bit to do with skill and energy as he was a old guy probably close to 50