PDA

View Full Version : Car Trouble

hondarules
11-18-2003, 05:03 PM
well yesterday me an some friends was all out goofin off in the truck in the mud an it started runnin real bad hott so we got on a road to where we could get goin good an let some air hit the radiator an see if that would help any..well it never did to i started headin home an it never droped below 220 an its usually around 190...well this morning i get up gonna go to school an its still runnin real bad hot an now it wont shift into overdrive...the truck is a 85 high serria..auto..4wd.......PLEASE HELP!!!!:(

quadman440ex
11-18-2003, 05:44 PM
I would pull the radiator out and wash it with a power washer. Mine was full of dirt from muddin this summer and running a little warm so i pulled it and washed it out and it runs fine now.

hondarules
11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
aight ill try that..i forgot that alot of smoke was comin outta it too:confused:

TheX1992
11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
so after seeing smoke pouring out and the temp needle getting buried you decided to drive home anyway? hope you dont have some major head trauma (the car, not you i hope). is there any different color to the exhaust? change the oil and see if theres water in it. also check your plugs. chances are you might have just blown a head gasket.

MOFO
11-19-2003, 05:32 AM
what color smoke, and what did it smell like? Very important questions....

hondarules
11-19-2003, 06:09 AM
lol...well i didnt havew anyother choice but to drive it home..an the smoke was white an it smelt like anit-freeze...the exhaust didnt change colors

TheX1992
11-19-2003, 06:23 AM
yup your going to need a head gasket at oil change for starters. hopefully you didnt warp your heads too :eek:

MOFO
11-19-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by hondarules
lol...well i didnt havew anyother choice but to drive it home..an the smoke was white an it smelt like anit-freeze...the exhaust didnt change colors

why did you drive it home??? you caused yourself some costly repairs...

sickmojave
11-19-2003, 06:52 AM
if your lucky it's just the head gasket. running that hot for that long you may have cracked a head.

hondarules
11-19-2003, 05:49 PM
i took the radiator out today an it had a hole in it...an my dad took a look at it an drove it down the road an he thinks that 2nd gear is gone an well the over heatin is caused from the hole in the radiator..but i dunno

SGA
11-19-2003, 06:11 PM
You play, you pay. Ive done things like that. Just live and learn I guess.
Sorry to read about your truck. I hope too much damage was not done.

hondarules
11-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Thanks man..I think im gonna learn that real quick..but i gotta pay for it my self but ohh well like u said u play an u pay..i dread seein what the problem is tho

MOFO
11-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks man..I think im gonna learn that real quick..but i gotta pay for it my self but ohh well like u said u play an u pay..i dread seein what the problem is tho

glad to see ya coverin the cost's.... everyone learns the hard way at first. Hopefully its not that bad.

hondarules
11-20-2003, 04:31 PM
yea its gona suck i was savin up to get a system an some other things but thats now ruined

SGA
11-20-2003, 08:52 PM
yea its gona suck i was savin up to get a system an some other things but thats now ruined
Hopefully its not all bad. Let us know what you find.

BlkSnShn
11-21-2003, 05:39 AM
Look at it this way at least it's a chevy. probably the cheapest trucks to work on, parts are everywhere. Oh and you should pull your tranny pan. the trans is probably full of water. you might be able to save it with a flush. good luck

hondarules
11-21-2003, 06:12 AM
ahhh i hope its not bad an thats 1 reeason i chose to get this truck is cause most the parts are gonna be pretty cheap

hondarules
12-01-2003, 02:50 PM
finally figured out what was wrong..tore 2nd gear out of it an the radiator has a hole in it sucks too i aint drove it in awhile an im missin it..guess this will teach me to be responsible