PDA

View Full Version : Chain and throttle

J25
02-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Ok 1st how do i tighten my chain..... it seems extremely loose and what tools does it take to tighten it..... and 2nd today i was warmin my bike up and after about 2 or 3 minutes i took a stab at the throttle and it booged out but didnt die............... as soon as i left off the throttle it started idleing ......... was it not warmed up enough yet? after i was riding it for about 2 minutes it was okay? this weekend i was thinkin about takin apart my bike and giving it a real good clean...... i have a question tho? how do i get the headlights disconnected like the wires? do i have to worry about water getting in it..... while its apart what else should i do to it? sorry for all the qusetion, im new to a 400ex and the guy i bought it off of didnt have a manual.......... by the way where can i get a manual at the honda dealer?

Justin

Thanks for all the help....this place is alot better than bluetraxx.... they never help ppl out

Lil90man!!
02-12-2002, 04:32 AM
first if it is the same as a 300(correct me if i am wrong) it should have about an inch and 5/8 of travel in the center of the chain, what you have to do is use the allen wrench that came with your bike in the toolbox and loosen the 4 bolts on the back of the swingarm then put the tool in the groves next to the sproket and pull back, it might be hard to do if it hasn't been moved in awhile but it will go just give it a few good pulls then check your slack, and i think your right i think the bike just wasn't warm enough yet, especially if it stops doin it after u ride for a few mins, haha u sound just like me "i wanna take it apart and clean it!!!" lol that'll get old real quick and if you do use locktite or sillicone or something on the bolts or else you'll be replacing all kinds of bolts that rattle out!