PDA

View Full Version : Deserttoyz Oil Cooler

hotex28
11-17-2003, 09:39 PM
I know the price is high,but I think it would look more factory and have a cleaner instalation.How well does it work?Is the quality as high as it should be for the price($350)?If anyone has already bought one please respond.

JD400exrider
11-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I am waiting for the price to drop some more on that oil cooler before I buy. 350 is just to high for a cooler and oil lines. If and when it drops i will buy one. :D

11-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
I am waiting for the price to drop some more on that oil cooler before I buy. 350 is just to high for a cooler and oil lines. If and when it drops i will buy one. :D

My thoughts exactly..

Colby@C&DRacing
11-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Ok guys I have been working on this issue for some time now to get the price of the coolers down for EXRiders members. I know many of you are looking at the price and saying that is to much for a cooler but If you will spend $250 for an oversized oil tank that gets you a 5 degree temperature drop that is $50 per degree that is high dollar. The desert toyz cooler will get you 50 drop in temp that is $7 a degree sounds like a better deal to me. I can sell them to you guys for $335 I am trying to get it down but need to know how many we can sell. If i went to them with a good size order it could make a difference. As far as the FST cooler I like the idea but there are alot of people that are not comfirtable with tapping holes in their case in fear of screwing it up. So sound off guys I need numbers:)

northeast400
11-18-2003, 05:35 PM
I would like one:D

hotex28
11-18-2003, 07:57 PM
That oil cooler seems to be the nicest one I have seen yet.I am very interested (especially if we can get the price down).

K_Fulk
11-18-2003, 08:00 PM
I'll take one if you can get them down with a group buy or something.

Glamis400ex
11-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Sorry Colby, don't mean to hijack your thread, but if someone is worried about the FST/Jegs cooler looking n$gger-rigged when it's installed, shoot me your email and I'll show you a pic or if someone wants to post it here for me, I'll send it to you.

Looks sweet if ya ask me...

Glamis

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Glamis that was Colby, the looks of the jeggs is not the problem people don't want to drill and tap the case, people like parts they can bolt on and go

K_Fulk
11-19-2003, 02:24 AM
That and where it mounts, I'm not comfortable with a oil cooler right on the front of the quad. It may never get hit by anything but it can happen.

kargaaro
11-19-2003, 05:31 AM
I havent seen these yet, where can i check them out. Can somebody post pictures. Thanks

Glamis400ex
11-19-2003, 06:06 AM
Sorry Dusty, my bad. I just saw the @CDRacing part...Your much better looking than Colby....;) :D

Glamis

11-19-2003, 06:52 AM
Colby the next time your on the phone with desertoys ask them why the outrageous price on a small radiator and a few hoses. :confused: If he got the price under $200 he'd have a hard time keeping them in stock. Any price over $300 is crazy. You getting a lower price for everyone on the site is great, kudo's to you but I'll have to pass until the crackhead at deserttoys realizes that $80 worth of parts are not worth almost $400..:rolleyes:

Mickey's Dunlaps cooler is priced right but the taping and drilling is something I don't care for..:cool:

Dunlap
11-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Mickey's Dunlaps cooler is priced right but the taping and drilling is something I don't care for..:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

I do not understand what the big deal is about drilling and tapping. If you cant do it we will for $20. I have sold 100s of these and only about 5 people have ever sent there parts in to me to have it done. Have you ever heard of anyone having any kind of problems, because I haven't. The other thing is why would you pay twice as much for something that only works at best half as good. Before everyone was saying my system was too much. If you do not like were it mounts put it up under the fenders. The cooler I use is so good at getting rid of heat it does not depend on airflow to cool its self, infact with in 2 min. after shutting the motor off it is cool,try that with your 400ex type cooler.

K_Fulk
11-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Mickey how does yours mount? Could you mount it up in front of the stock cooler or some where else more out of the way?

400exdad
11-19-2003, 04:27 PM
I want a cooler that will mount in the stock location... right now I have fans on mine and I think it helps, but think it could stand to be larger. I was kind of waiting to see where Rico would stand at on the price. I agree, it could be a bit cheaper. Of course, Deserttoyz is probably seeing what the market will bear. :) Rico, I don't think the price will ever be under $200.. :(

Dunlap
11-19-2003, 05:03 PM
You can mount it where ever you want. I send it with a alum. plate that goes between the shocks.

Dave400ex
11-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Mickey I would like to have your cooler, but with my Denton stabilizer it won't fit. I think that's a problem many guys have.

mxracer111
11-19-2003, 05:27 PM
you dont have to mount it where mickey does... you can mount it with wire ties or something else wherever you want

norcalatver
11-19-2003, 05:37 PM
I have Mickey's oil cooler and have no problems with it. I also have remote reservoirs on my shocks and a Denton steering stabilizer. I mounted the cooler under the nose piece of my front fenders. I purchased some plastic dowels cut in 1" lengths to space it away from the fender. I then used rubber coated 1/2 straps with stainless allen bolts and washers. You wouldn't even know I have an extra oil cooler unless I pointed it out.