PDA

View Full Version : paypal users beware

quadcustoms
11-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Dear PayPal member,

We regret to inform you that your account is about to be expired in next five business days. To avoid suspension of your account you have to reactivate it by providing us with your personal information.

To update your personal profile and continue using PayPal services you have to run the attached application to this email. Just run it and follow the instructions.

IMPORTANT! If you ignore this alert, your account will be suspended in next five business days and you will not be able to use PayPal anymore.

Thank you for using PayPal.

do not give them your info,i did and after i did it triggered all my anti virus programs,and my other pc it running like ccap not to mention i gave up my info. hope this helps. if you have gave your info already might call your card in and kill it.:mad:

TheX1992
11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
ill make sure to tell my girlfriend....she's a big ebay guru....thanks much for the info:)

jmoney45
11-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Good info. Paypal even tells you that they will never ask for personal information like that in an email. Too many scam artists out there.

haley521
11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
This is for real. We got the same email yesturday.

zephead400ex
11-18-2003, 10:04 AM
You guys just now have heard of this? This has been around for a long time.

Also, if you haven't seen, there are emails that are supposedly sent by Microsoft...use this patch immediatly, dont use this!

Just use a little common sense, and you wont have problems.

300EXrider02
11-18-2003, 02:08 PM
UH OH!!!

I got that same damn message, and the thing is I gave them all the info....o crap, I am screwed... I gotta call the bank now, damn!!

After I did that, my computer ran like total crap! ****!!

quadcustoms
11-18-2003, 03:39 PM
yeah just restore if you have xp that fixed me
i had to call the bank myself.

cool 300ex
11-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Yeah i heard that on z400central.