PDA

View Full Version : winter olympics

boxcars4
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Anyone going in Jan? Anyone go last year? What kind of turn out they get? Worth going?

Andy Lagzdins
11-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know if there will be an XC event at the olympics? I've heard it will be MX and TT only. The website shows the XC race on the event schedule. Please post any contacts.

boxcars4
11-18-2003, 09:44 AM
the way I read the website. its xc, mx, and super tt... with xc racing the 2nd mx the 3rd and tt the 4th.....

MXcutie
11-18-2003, 09:46 AM
i know my cuz is goin to be there this year b/c when i stopped out at their house last time i was home his mom and dad was asking me if i wanted to go down with them I hope it's goin to be a fun time but ill always have Matt in the back of mind the whole time i'm there that's for sure

Sick0
11-19-2003, 02:37 PM
hey box cars your name ain't aj by any chance.

boxcars4
11-19-2003, 02:47 PM
by chance it is... whats up dave...

u going to fl by chance..? I am heading down... sounds like fun and should be a good vacation for us.. Going to do new years down there... how about u? do anything fun to the yz lately?

Sick0
11-20-2003, 01:46 PM
havn't done anything really but ride it. I have ss brakelines on and a K&N air filter to replace the that caught on fire.

I havn't really thought about going down but It would be a sweet vacation.

We sould get hooked up some weekend and go riding.

boxcars4
11-20-2003, 02:36 PM
would love to ride but my qaud is currently in peices... ya imagine that...

ya fl we are taking off dec 30th and coming back jan 5th. should be a nice vacation. plus some riding time. sould be a blast. I am planning on running the mx and "super" tt.. you should come it would be a last. new years down there is pretty crazy was there last year.

MrP
11-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Im going. I went last year and the turn out wasnt the best but it was okay. I think it would be worth going.

Sick0
11-21-2003, 03:17 PM
hey aj, I think austin is going. Its looks like I could very possibly go. I can get the money and the time off. How much do you think it will cost.

boxcars4
11-21-2003, 03:25 PM
well its about 1100 miles one way. so I fiugre about for me atleast 300-350 in gas to get there and back.. I got prices for hotel rooms and we are looking at 49 bucks a night for a place that looks really nice to stay in. I plan on packing coolers with food to cut a little on costs. I am heading down dec 30th stopping where ever say 12 hours bring us. And staying the night someplace. Then driving down to gainesville which should be about 5 more hours on the 31st. We are going to do new years then head to the track the 1st. Its just signups the first but figure set up and check crap out etc. I think personally I am going to stay in a hotel the whole time. But you could stay at the track to cut cost. Should be warm enough probably around 40-50 at night so not too bad. I am driving back jan 5th either staright thru or maybe stop. I have to be back for the 7th no latter. So I guess at the least ur looking maybe couple hundrend to get there ride eat etc. And depends on where u sleep etc. Now I think the room was for 2 people so I figured like 25 bucks a night me and my bussy. But could get cheaper if we try and get more poeple I believe. I think it was like 30 bucks to get into the race and like 40 per class per event to race. I am shotting for mx and super tt for raceing. No woods too rough on my bike. That would be crazy if we all go.. I am going to race 25+ class for everything I think. Either that or 250b.

Are u going to the neatv banquet?

boxcars4
11-21-2003, 03:26 PM
if austin does go u could drive toghter with a trailer? if u just go I may be able to sneak 3 qauds in my trailer to cut cost?

Sick0
11-21-2003, 03:32 PM
I want to go. and plan sounds good to me. I just got to see what austins plan are.

Whats super tt?

The banqutte I don't know if I'm going. I should check it out.

Plus is there any web site that has good info about the track and event.

boxcars4
11-22-2003, 05:59 AM
http://www.unlimitedsportsmx.com/

Super TT sounds more like supercross. Should be interesting. I guess I am going to check the tracks out when I get there and see what they are all about before I sign up for races. I belive we are going to stay in the ramada in gainesville thats where the recomend to stay and it looks real nice. Should be a blast. Of course the only conern I have for austin is what is he going to drive down there. I don't want to have to stop and have someone break down cause that would be a serious issue. We aren't going to southwick we are going to FL ya know. I can possibly fit three qauds max in my trailer and thats going to take some firguring out and we are going to be very tight with gear etc. But I think I can make it work.

MrP
11-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Sick0 and boxcars4-

Last year the tt part was a really tamed down supercross style track. It had some table tops some single jumps and a few small doubles. It looked really easy but fun. I dont know if it will be any different this year though.

boxcars4
11-26-2003, 04:58 AM
Anyone in? I am making my reservation for my hotel today...

SECCRS
11-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Yes I know the topic sounds stupid. But are local Harescramble series had a race that weekend as well. But luckely it got postponed a week so several of us are going to make the trip for the weekend.

Was over there yesterday for the Mini O's and the place was absolutly packed. Riders from all over the US are there. This facility is one of the nicest that I have ever been to.

Only wish it was open year round instead of just for races.

If your coming down early there are a couple of tracks close by that are great for some practice.

www.Waldomx.com
www.bostwickcreekmx.com
www.Hardrockmx.com

You will need to contact Hardrock to ensure they will allow quads, cause they normally dont.

www.seccrs.com

Doug Parker
Doug@seccrs.com

boxcars4
11-26-2003, 07:04 AM
Have u ever raced the Gainesville Track? I am coming from Mass. Long way but should be a lot of fun. I was just curios what kind of tracks we are looking at etc. Thanks for the info..

AJ

SECCRS
11-26-2003, 04:59 PM
For us Florida racer's this is just about the only track around with some elivation. Usually they round the jumps for the quads. I have raced a Harescramble there that included the MX course. But I did this on 2 wheels not 4. The course is sometimes hard if we dont get any rain. But being this time of year that shouldn't be a problem.

I was hoping with the new factory sponsored riders that the manufactuers would offer some contingency since they offer so much for the bikes. Unlimeted Sports usually has some of the highest around for the bikes.

As I say right now there are people from all over that have traveled to race there bikes there. This is the facility well known for producing riders like Ricky Carmichael and Bubba Stewart.

Here are a couple of pages of Gatorback. The ones with Bubba where taken just last month.

http://www.roadanddirt.com/htm/dirtpics.htm

SECCRS
11-26-2003, 05:10 PM
http://www.unlimitedsportsmx.com/htm/pics.htm

400ex#18
11-26-2003, 07:38 PM
i am trying to talk my parents into it, but the thing is now, is that i have to find a vehicle to take, cause mine is suposedly not good enough to drive the distance, and i need to get a good price estimate of what i will need for the who thing...aj can you give a a close estimate, and i will come down to see if you think the van will be good for the drive and whatnot..if you think it will be i will have to have my dad talk to you...thanks sooo much!

boxcars4
11-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Ok here it goes.
Gas round trip plus gas etc... I saying I am looking at 300-400.

Hotel I am getting a hotel for 5 nights in gainesville plus will stop and stay someplace in route. Looking at 300 for that.

Entry fees etc. I belive u are looking at like 40 bucks to get in. then how many classes u are racing and how many different day. another 40 per class per track.

Food bringing mostly everything with me. Will need $$ for food and drinks.

Now u don't have to stay in a hotel u can stay at the track to cut costs. The more poeple go the cheaper is somewhat gets for everybody. hotel food etc..

Yes a vehcile will be the big thing for u. I am planning on driving down like a 2001 f-150... I am not stopping and am not planning on breaking down. Idealy if u went ur dads truck would be the best bet?

400ex#18
11-27-2003, 10:59 AM
i know that my dad's truck would be the best bet, but the one thing that will stop me from useing it is that fact that it is winter, and he plows...I will try talking to ronnies to see what they can do about going there, and then that way if they go we will prolly not have to tow a trailer...They would possibly take the box van and take all the quads, then we will just have to worry about our tires and ****... I will find out about that tomorrow, but i think that if aaron wants to go he will find a way to get a vehicle to go with. That is mine and dave's feelings. But on the ending note..
I am going to try my best to get there, whether racing or not!!
happy thanksgiving

boxcars4
11-28-2003, 05:21 AM
Ya I hear ya on the truck thing. That would be nice if ronnies goes. My bike is almost back togheter which is nice. Got a new look for this year and it is coming along nice. Well let me know what u boys are going to do.. Happy thanksgiving.

AJ

400ex#18
11-29-2003, 07:55 AM
THe news on me is no i will not be able to go now. :( But there is a better substitute for that. I am going to get that new motor i have been talking about, and money for the trip will be put towards that. And also my brother i haven't seen in like 6 months or so, is coming home for christmas and new years before he gets deployed. So i better spend some time with him. But i am sure you guys will have some great fun!

boxcars4
12-01-2003, 04:58 AM
Well that sucks ya can't go but u gotta do what ya gotta do. Hey dave how about u? Whats your story? Any idea on shawn anyone?

Sick0
12-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm a go.

mxdave28
12-01-2003, 04:28 PM
went last year was ok i guess.....turn out was small as pappy said (i think so anyway) but then again this is the first "olympics" held in many years and the fact that quads yes i said quads actually touched/raced the "great" Gatorback Raceway for the first time since 1984!!! Pretty sad if ya ask me.

wont be going this year most of which includes loosing a friend last year at the same track while i was watching and sitting at the gate waiting for our moto. i wish all of you the best of lluck down there and hopefully the weather will be warmer this time hehehe

Matt you are missed and will never be forgotten!!!! #88 Forever

boxcars4
12-02-2003, 05:07 AM
Good to hear dave. Are u riding down with me? Like I said I am out on the 30th and coming back the 5thish. If ur riding with me let me know. Also I will PM u and give me a call so we can plan etc. My bike hopefully will be pretty much back toghter after this weekend... :) But I figure I better start getting some crap toghter soon. I booked a hotel which looks really nice and is cheap.

Check ur PM

mxdave28
12-02-2003, 09:04 AM
wont be going this year most of which includes loosing a friend last year at the same track while i was watching and sitting at the gate waiting for our moto. i wish all of you the best of lluck down there and hopefully the weather will be warmer this time hehehe

Ummm Boxcars4 im not going dude :huh and i dont have a Pm;) good luck going down!

Sick0
12-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
Ummm Boxcars4 im not going dude :huh and i dont have a Pm;) good luck going down!

the wrong dave.

I will give you a call

racerx573
12-06-2003, 10:20 PM
TIFF YOU BETTER GO!!!

All I can say is High Point repeat.... glow sticks and lanterns! With some techno...:huh

SGA
12-07-2003, 12:15 AM

SGA
12-07-2003, 12:20 AM

Sick0
12-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Bump anybody going

gibson400ex
12-15-2003, 05:12 PM
i think we are going i dno.......gotta talk the dad into it......:grr: probably nto cuz the dale is in pieces.......but if he really wanted to go we just got all the stuff back from the pwoder coater tonight so.........and we would ride down in our 40ft trailer this si it......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pc0260a49b6f2db59a0205311441feaaf/fa7c5570.jpg

doubt it thoguht.....but worth a try.....also we are going to the keys in Florida in Febuary.......****

Sick0
12-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Thats hope to see you down there.

gibson400ex
12-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
Thats hope to see you down there.

ay that would be sick to go down there.........did any of you guys go down to the Virginia Beach race last year on Virginia Beach???
i went there and all i could say it was sick! there were waves coming onto the sand and you had to ride through them....the girls:eek2:

Sick0
12-15-2003, 05:20 PM
This would be the first time really went anywhere to race but the neatv series

gibson400ex
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
This would be the first time really went anywhere to race but the neatv series

kool we race neatvmx to.........sicko or i forgot the other guys name but we bought a stand off of you at the jolly race and all we can say is thanks....it is a real help....we bought the pink one:rolleyes:

gibson400ex
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
or we bought it off of a guy at jolly's who has a earing and wears a hat alot.........

Sick0
12-15-2003, 05:29 PM
your talking about aaron. He a cool dude. But I was there hang out. I had the grey and red frame 400ex. I didn't race tahst day because of a blow motor.

Sick0
12-15-2003, 05:31 PM
[we bought the pink one:rolleyes:

good choice

gibson400ex
12-15-2003, 05:31 PM
ya i remember i saw your bike was it the one on the stand???

Sick0
12-15-2003, 05:38 PM
I was pissed that track is so sweet. The only track i got to race this year was southwick. I had motor problem for the 4 other race that I was going to go to. I hoping the track down in floarida is sick.

I was hoping the neatv series was going to race walden. That tracks nice too. or even diamond back would be sick too.

400ex#18
12-17-2003, 07:51 PM
gibson400ex..i think that the bike you saw was either mine or one of the other kids from ronnies. i have a black 400ex with a pinkish redish stand, and the other is red 400ex with blue stand.

i remember who you are, cause i was there when you got the stand. You went to my dad, cause he looked like he was a sales person there too, and he pointed to aaron (the pierced and tattoo'd guy).

I was going to go to fl. for the races too, but i am saving my money for my new motor and some other mods.. i will keep the other mods on the DL for now. I will wait to unvail the newest stuff until the first race.:cool: :p

racerx573
12-17-2003, 08:57 PM
I'll be there!

Sick0
12-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 400ex#18
gibson400ex..i think that the bike you saw was either mine or one of the other kids from ronnies. i have a black 400ex with a pinkish redish stand, and the other is red 400ex with blue stand.

i remember who you are, cause i was there when you got the stand. You went to my dad, cause he looked like he was a sales person there too, and he pointed to aaron (the pierced and tattoo'd guy).

I was going to go to fl. for the races too, but i am saving my money for my new motor and some other mods.. i will keep the other mods on the DL for now. I will wait to unvail the newest stuff until the first race.:cool: :p

Your going to need all the new mods. :cool: :cool: