PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose!

EXDUNER127
11-17-2003, 11:24 AM
My wife fianally decided to let me get a new bike, and she wants the 400ex, what should i upgrade to?

Honda 450R...When it is available
The new 450 from yamaha
or a raptor

How do you think the Honda will compare to the predator in power and speed. I want the preds power but the bike looks like asp to me.

Pretend you are not a proud Honda owner and fan and what would you choose?

tclapp
11-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Id wait and see what the 450r has to offer other then what is being said on paper, cuz i know that the yama has plenty of power, in a drag race the yama beat the pred and the pred has power but not a lot of low end power so i would proaly wait until the 450r hits the show room then compare

QuadJunkies
11-17-2003, 11:39 AM
My suggestion would be to try each machine out,People have different tastes and likes and dislikes.Just because one person says that one quad is better than another, doesnt mean YOU will be happy with the same chioce they made;) I personally have a Predator and I have rode the new 450 Yami and the rappy. I myself would NEVER consider the Rappy I would stick with my undepowered 400ex before I would go that route,buts thats just MY preferencce. Some dealers will let you test out a quad,we got to test ours out before buying and also rode some at the dunes to get a feel for the machines first hand, Are you planning on racing any? Is this a sand machine? TT?? Trailing? Or just casula riding.....this plays part as well....:)

EXDUNER127
11-17-2003, 12:44 PM
I go trail riding and duning for the holiday weekends, so one that will be good for that.
Im looking towards the new yamaha, but i like the looks of the new R. When does the new R come out for sale?

2001400ex
11-17-2003, 12:55 PM
The YFZ450. I am a Honda fan and love my 400EX, but if I had the choice between the 450R, and the YFZ, I would choose the YFZ, I think it's just an amazing overall quad. The thing that makes me want it more then a 450R are just the styling of it. In my opinion the 450R plastic design is ugly, and the headlights are too.

Out_Sider
11-17-2003, 01:00 PM
i think the 450r is the baddest looking thing ever...but thats just my taste. But i would definatly wait till the 450r came out in january, then just go out and buy a yami or a pred....and about the raptor....no, nuff said

11-17-2003, 01:17 PM
You accidently mentioned rapturd with those other 2 quads. Didn't know if you meant to say that or not....:o

I'd wait for the honda.