PDA

View Full Version : Dyno jet opinions Please!!!

EXDUNER127
11-17-2003, 07:28 AM
I am debating, is their use in getting dyno jets?
I know they come with a better needle and a bunch of jets, but do i get the jets i need..?I want to know if i am going to get my moneys worth cus some shops are always trying to sell them to me and i dont know if they are just trying to get money or they right. I want to hear your guy's opinions on the gains and good and bads about this.

thanks

11-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Go read up on them http://www.dynojet.com/carbjet.shtml . There's a lot of R&D that has went into dynojet/K&N. I use them and probably always will. You'll get a smoother and crisper throttle response IF you have it dialed in correctly. Notice the IF...;)

F-16Guy
11-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Not worth the money, IMO. For half the price, you can buy three different main jets, a bigger pilot, and a richer needle (if you think you need it). Most of the jets you get with the Dyno Jet kit will never leave their little plastic bags. Use the search feature and find what people are running (jetting-wise) with similar mods to yours, buy two or three mains in that range, buy a 42 pilot if you have motor work (40 without), and you should be set.

dirtmomma
11-17-2003, 08:15 AM
I agree w/ both Rico & F-16guy, I bought a dyno jet kit over the summer when I was in Idaho cuz my 300 just wouldnt' run & the shops there didnt' have chit!! Now I will probably use at least 3-4 of the jets on our travels & elevation changes but thats about it. But at least I know I have them if needed. YES thye send you the right ones, they ask what kind of quad you have;) I like them haven't had a problem!!

cals400ex
11-17-2003, 09:24 AM
i use the stock jets since i know how to dial them in. i have no experience with dynojets. i just stay with the stock jets and get them from my local dealer if i need more.

f-16, where can you find a richer keihin needle? i have looked all over the place without any luck.

F-16Guy
11-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
f-16, where can you find a richer keihin needle? i have looked all over the place without any luck.
You might try using the XR400 as a reference, there are probably more tuning options available under the bike listing than the quad. I run the stock needle, so I can't give you a specific place to buy them. You'll probably have to dig through your dealer's books, or call a good performance shop and see if they can help you.

ewalker302
11-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i use the stock jets since i know how to dial them in. i have no experience with dynojets. i just stay with the stock jets and get them from my local dealer if i need more.

Exactly why you should get a DJ kit, it comes with a richer needle.

:bandit:

cals400ex
11-19-2003, 09:53 AM
yeah but can i tune the mainjet as precisely with using the dynojets?? i don't know. i know that there numbering pattern is more spaced out than keihins. for example, i can get a 150, 152, 155, 158, 160 etc from keihin. can i do that with dynojets? just wondering because i change jetting even if the temp changes as little as 20 degrees sometimes.

F-16Guy
11-19-2003, 12:10 PM
The sizes jumped around a lot on my kit, but that's probably due to the different "stages" of jetting recommended by Dyno Jet. The bottom line is; you'll probably never use most of the jets in the kit, your buddies can't use them because you need their adapter, and if you don't get what you need in the kit, you still have to buy jets.

EXDUNER127
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
is it possible to buy a richer needle some where, and what about the xr400, is that needle richer and does it fit the 400ex? Because that is the best thing about the jet kit!

northeast400
11-19-2003, 06:38 PM
I like the dynojets, I just wish I new what sizes matched up to stock style jets