View Full Version : Hunters

TGW_400ex
11-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Who went out on Saturday and got chew out by some hunter? I know i did

Pappy
11-17-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Who went out on Saturday and got chew out by some hunter? I know i did

its called respect. you should be knowledgable about your areas hunting seasons and respect them by staying out of the area until the season is over.

11-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah now is most definitly not the time to be joy riding on any land but your own...:o

TGW_400ex
11-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
its called respect. you should be knowledgable about your areas hunting seasons and respect them by staying out of the area until the season is over.

I ride in this area during hunting season all the time this was the first time i heard anything about it there was not posted signs and we were going slow down a dirtroad and he came flyin out and yelled at us really bad

LTandRaptorider
11-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Like Rico and Pappy said; stay out of woods that you don't own! it's respectful to the hunters, and may save your life... you may be fast on your quad, but I doubt you'll outrun bullets if you find someone crazy enough to throw some lead at you. I limit my riding to Sundays during hunting season.

MOFO
11-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I limit my riding to Sundays during hunting season.

same here

nismo
11-17-2003, 03:16 PM
i went riding sunday for my last ride b/c hunting season start today the 17th and got yelled at also but the guy must of had a bad day or something i wasnt even on his land (i only ride powerlines and my trail to get there) :rolleyes: but i understand if hunting season already started and u get yelled at

Pappy
11-17-2003, 03:20 PM
an example of why atv guys are disliked....

2 years ago...opening day of rifle season. we are all at the truck looking over some of the bucks we killed when out of the bottom we here quads. within a miniute they are tearing *** down a fire road that runs right thru our property. we know it dead ends so we stop them when they come back thru. i ask them what they are doing riding on opening day and i get the normal..."opening what"?. one of the kids knew about it but said they figured noone would care. wtf....what hunter doesnt care?

second off they were riding on posted property. we asked them not to ride anywhere near the property for the next 2 weeks. did they listen? ofcourse not. it took a shot that was close to them to realize it wasnt safe or the right thing to be doing in that area.

now we chained off the roadway and allow NO riding.

redroost85
11-17-2003, 05:15 PM
I hear ya Pappy. I was up at open practice at our track and I could still hear the hunters shooting the geese. I am afraid I am not ballzy enough to go tearing *** through the woods during hunting season. Heck, if I was in the woods I would be pretty peassed if some dudes came hauling *** by me. Ya gotta respect the woodsman....especially the ones with guns, lol!:D