PDA

View Full Version : Sup all, New guy here looking to buy a quad

Green_Fox
11-16-2003, 09:45 PM
hey yall. You guys have a good looking site here. Well im new here & just like to introduce my self.
Im Green_Fox(or David) & I live in San Antonio Tx. Ive rode dirt bikes for 5 years. For the last 1 1/2 years I raced a Kx125 with pro curcuit pipes, Henson clutch, renthal sprokets & chain, Vortex piston, susp. mods, Acrabis plastic, boysen reed valve, & other stuff. This year in Jan I cased a 100ft jump and broke my leg right above the ankle. I was in a cast 4 1/2 months. After I got out of it I couldn't do anything that extreme so I sold it and bought a ninja 250. On my ninja im pertty crazy when not on a major or busy road. I Ride wheelies far, do stoppies n' other stuff. My leg has gotten better and I regained ankle movement over the summer due to swelling. Now I wanna get into riding quads.
After christmas Im planning on buying something. Im guessing a modded 300EX or 400EX. Ive ridden a 400EX a few times & thought it was cool. I guess I want something to tear up some trails and be able to take on a MX track and jump table tops n' stuff. Would a 300EX take the punishment of a MX track? Or would it be best to go with a 400EX? Thanks in advance. OH also I was thinking about an old 250R, the 2 stroke quad. Those look pertty cool.
BTW: im 6ft 155lbs
Thanks,

Sportrax10
11-16-2003, 09:50 PM
How much are you looking to spend? Definately go for the 400ex over the 300ex. 400ex are going for very cheap. If you want to spend more money look into the new trx450r, or yfz450.:devil: :D :macho

Green_Fox
11-16-2003, 10:03 PM
I don't know yet how much Im willing to spend yet. Im gonna wait till jan 04' to buy. I might be looking for something in the $2,000-$3,700 area about. I could wait till May cause I put 5k in the bank to build up intrest till May and buy something better. I would have more money but I gave my dad a loan for I forgot how much & in Jan the night I broke my leg someone broke in my truck and stole my subs, amp, head unit ect... and tore up the inside. I got some insurance money then I used my own money to upgrade my system in my truck. I have a F-150 which is like a sport/show truck. :cool:
Ive been unable to work this year cause of my accedent and ive been busy in High School. But After Dec it should go smooth in school & Ill have time to work at Sea World of San Antonio, Its kinda of scary they let HS students operate and Manage Roller coasters...lol

hondarider2006
11-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Hey david, welcome to exriders. To answer your question....I would go with the 400ex. You can get a used one for pretty cheap, and can make many mods to them. It will tear up the track pretty good, and with some decint mods, it will be one hell of a fast quad. A 300 would do pretty decient, but I think you would be more satisfied with the 400. If you wanted to wait and save your money, you could get the new Honda(trx450r) or get the yfz450.
-Nick-

LTandRaptorider
11-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Green_Fox
I don't know yet how much Im willing to spend yet. Im gonna wait till jan 04' to buy. I might be looking for something in the $2,000-$3,700 area about. I could wait till May cause I put 5k in the bank to build up intrest till May and buy something better. I would have more money but I gave my dad a loan for I forgot how much & in Jan the night I broke my leg someone broke in my truck and stole my subs, amp, head unit ect... and tore up the inside. I got some insurance money then I used my own money to upgrade my system in my truck. I have a F-150 which is like a sport/show truck. :cool:
Ive been unable to work this year cause of my accedent and ive been busy in High School. But After Dec it should go smooth in school & Ill have time to work at Sea World of San Antonio, Its kinda of scary they let HS students operate and Manage Roller coasters...lol

That did it, I'm never getting on another roller coaster!!

j/k... welcome to the site!

wilkin250r
11-17-2003, 11:13 AM
The 400EX has much better suspension than the 300EX. Longer shocks, much more travel. And they are bulletproof, very reliable.

We all know that buying a used quad can be a gamble with reliability. However, since the 400EX is so reliable and low-maintenance, I'd say a used 400EX isn't really a risk. I'd look for one with no engine mods (because you can't always trust somebody else's engine work) and you should have yourself a solid ride.

Green_Fox
11-19-2003, 07:19 PM
I might sell my ninja 250 and buy the best quad I can afford. I don't really like my 250 because ive been riding Motorcycles 5 years and the 250 is a begginer bike with not a whole lotta power. I see 03 ninja's go for $3,200 with more miles than mine in the paper so I should be able to afford a 400EX. There will be no other expenses cause I kept all my Motocross gear I got from my previous sponser while I raced MX. I have my truck and ramps just no MX bike or quad. I still have my first bike a 97' KE100...lol

Blysster
11-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Green_Fox
I still have my first bike a 97' KE100...lol

I had one of them. Probably isn't something we should brag about, haha.

Got nads?
11-19-2003, 09:51 PM
I have a totally rebuilt 250r for sale!!!

alias
11-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
I have a totally rebuilt 250r for sale!!!

how much?

infantry317
11-20-2003, 12:41 PM
Find a used YFZ450, they are awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love my 400ex but would rather have the power/ride of that 450.
A lot of people ran out and got the YFZ, but can't afford a payment. If you dangle the cash, they'll take it.

Green_Fox
11-20-2003, 06:36 PM
woo just got back from doing some jumps on my KE100...lol That thing is on its last ride.

Ok, well it's official Im selling my ninja 250. Im wanting $2,800 for it or a trade for a 400EX or similar. I am not wanting to sell it till after christmas though. I will be riding it 2 miles for about 21 days to school. It only has 1,010 miles. New it costs $3,800 out the door. I will remove the ILLEGAL neons/leds unless whoever is interested wants them ...Im located in San Antonio TX.PIC OF NINJA (http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/082467/)