PDA

View Full Version : tires ???

dannyboy20
11-16-2003, 09:42 PM
i have 20" ITP hole shots now . If i go smaller will this help acceleration. Also whats a better all around tire. I was looking at Bandits ???

oldsandman
11-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah it will make it accelerate quicker but why not just change sprockets it will be cheaper.

hondarider2006
11-16-2003, 11:38 PM
you will get better acceleration, but you will also lose clearance. I would go with gearing.

Steve-o 400EX
11-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
you will get better acceleration, but you will also lose clearance. I would go with gearing.

I agree, you will regret loosing the ground clearance with 18's. I would adjust the gearing if you really want to make a change but i did that and went back to stock because i found that it ran better with the stock ratio's.

dannyboy20
11-17-2003, 04:50 PM
ok well whats a good tire. Iwas looking at kenda or bandits

suck my pipe
11-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Bandits suck youll regret buying them unless all you do is ride of super rough as in rocky teraine or ride on the road. Holeshots are good razrs are good and im gonna try a set of Kenda Knarlys this time around thoe just orderd them tonight :devil:

Steve-o 400EX
11-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
Bandits suck youll regret buying them unless all you do is ride of super rough as in rocky teraine or ride on the road. Holeshots are good razrs are good and im gonna try a set of Kenda Knarlys this time around thoe just orderd them tonight :devil:

I'll second that.

ex trailrider
11-25-2003, 08:14 AM
haven't tried the bandits on the rear but bandits on the frt turn on a dime, they don't roll like the stock frt tires. I considered the bandit XC's myself but after the comments several have made I'm not sure I want to try them. I've known several people to go to holeshots and have been real happy, I ride more trails than anything(Alabama Dirt) if anyone has tires suggestions please advise