PDA

View Full Version : TRX vs. YFZ

MissionTRX
11-16-2003, 09:31 PM
So the question at hand is which is better and none of this carb crap just straight up which is better.

Sportrax10
11-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Nobody can say untill the trx comes out. The only people that have ridden the trx and yfx arnt saying too much...

bigz-71
11-16-2003, 11:55 PM
they are probably not allowed to say too much. i dont know why honda want give dirt wheels are something like a ride so that we will know the pros and cons. i am looking to put my down payment down on one in the next week or so. i will have by thanksgiving, i mean i will have my money down for one. i am hoping to get one of the first one in this area.

ATC83
11-17-2003, 06:38 AM
The YFZ is probably going to be a little better in the power department but everywhere else they are going to be about the same.

Bretmd94
11-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Why would you want to wait till dirt wheels tests the bikes?? Their comparisons are worthless. Dont trust what they say. I siad this once. The only decent comparison is going to be by you yourself, or someone you know that is not going to be biased.

If a person favors one quad over the other before they test them he will pick apart the other quad and ignore any defects in the one he likes.

What i want is people testing them on a track. I want times.

MIA450R
11-17-2003, 09:02 AM
There are 2 ride reviews on the internet from the Honda demo that they just had down in Texas to reveal the quad to the press. In one of them, the press guy had spent several days riding the YFZ before going down there to ride the 450R. He said in his article that he thought the 450R was stronger in stock form (whatever that means), and that according to Honda, the 450R has 42HP (at wheels or crank?)...with the HRC kit bumping it up to 48HP.

I'm sure Dirtwheels and ATVSport was there too, but we wont see their writeups until the Jan04 editions of their mags come out. I'm sure all the pics will be the same, and most of the comments will be the same....no TRUE comparisons, just seat of the pants feel.

If you read Dirtwheels initial ride report of the 400EX, it was a stellar review...even though we all know how underpowered it really is compared to other 400cc quads.

ATC83
11-17-2003, 10:08 AM
I agree, Dirtwheeels reviews are worhtless. Whatever the new quad is they say it is the best. They thought the Kawasaki V-Force was going to be the next big thing. The fact is that these two engines when un-corked and moded are going to have about the same amount of power with a slight edge going to the Yamaha. It's a known fact in the motocross world that the Yamaha four strokes hit a little harder than Hondas. It shouldn't come as a surprise, Yamaha has had four extra years of development.

11-17-2003, 10:41 AM
I own both and my 400ex is faster than both of them.....:blah:

MOFO
11-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Rico

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bathroom.gif

...I smell some chit, and it aint coming from that smilie...

Bretmd94
11-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ATC83
I agree, Dirtwheeels reviews are worhtless. Whatever the new quad is they say it is the best. They thought the Kawasaki V-Force was going to be the next big thing. The fact is that these two engines when un-corked and moded are going to have about the same amount of power with a slight edge going to the Yamaha. It's a known fact in the motocross world that the Yamaha four strokes hit a little harder than Hondas. It shouldn't come as a surprise, Yamaha has had four extra years of development.

im sure that is why the CRF450 is faster. :confused:

ATC83
11-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
im sure that is why the CRF450 is faster. :confused:

To say that one or the other is faster is a bit of a misnomer. The horse power the two put out is more or less the same. In motocross it is really more about where the power is. I believe, and many people in motocross and apparently the Honda engineers, that the power hit as well as the over rev on the Yamaha is superior for motocross. Each year since the inception of the CRF450 Honda has been trying to mimick the power delivery of the YZ450F. Don't take my word for it just read Motocross Action. There is a joke in motocross that if you don't have a national number you shouldn't be riding YZ450F.

VIC
11-17-2003, 12:16 PM
To say that one or the other is faster is a bit of a misnomer. The horse power the two put out is more or less the same. In motocross it is really more about where the power is. I believe, and many people in motocross and apparently the Honda engineers, that the power hit as well as the over rev on the Yamaha is superior for motocross. Each year since the inception of the CRF450 Honda has been trying to mimick the power delivery of the YZ450F. Don't take my word for it just read Motocross Action. There is a joke in motocross that if you don't have a national number you shouldn't be riding YZ450F.
Just out of curiosity who were the top 3 in motocross/supercross and what were they riding?

Bretmd94
11-17-2003, 12:31 PM
why do I usually see more crf450's winning races in supercross then? is honda jsut putting out the big dollars for the best riders?

Dont forget that botht eh motors in the YZF450 and the TRX450R are not the same motors as in these bikes. The YZF has been dropped to 440cc, the cam was made more mild, and the compression was also dropped as well as other things.

The 450r motor kept the displacement but the bore and stroke have changed. The 450r has a smaller bore and a larger stroke than the CRF and YZF450. The YZF was jsut destroked. This makes the YZF be more high revving and the TRX more torque. Even if you would rather have the more high revving motor the extra 10cc should put the Honda on top even with the lower compression ratio.

Both motors have entirely different top ends though so the way the hp curve is should be different. The yamaha had 5 valves and 2 cams. While this does = more fuel and air for more power, there is a lor of rotating mass and more work for the cam to do. The honda has a single cam, 4 valve setup. I dont know when more started = better but the Honda top end(from a physics stand point) should rev faster and higher. The lack of the extra valve and cam will loose hp though.

After looking at all this the two motors should be very close in power. We will only be able to know for sure when the two bikes are put on the same dyno with the same tires. Knowing for sure that the yamaha has more power is kind of a speculation at this point.

ATC83
11-17-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm only aware of one supercross race being won by a CRF450 since the bike was released. In case you are not a ware, Ricky Carmicheal rides a two stroke. Ricky Carmicheal has said multiple times that he can not go as fast on the CRF450 then on his CR250 where as Chad Reed has shown that he is just as fast if not faster on the YZ450F than on his YZ250. YZ400-450F's have been on more podiums in Supercross than CRFs. Just to set you straight, the YFZ450's cam has the same grind as the YZ450F motocross bike. The only difference is that the cam timing is retarded by one groove. It only takes two hours to change it unlike the Honda where you have to buy a $200 cam. When you have low compression piston and mild com(which Honda Admitted or they wouldn't offer the HRC cam) like the TRX450 and put it up against a high compression piston and full race cam found on the YFZ450, regardless of the displacement, it is obviouse which bike is going to be faster. You don't have to be an engineer to figure that out.

eddings
11-17-2003, 01:31 PM
ATC83 Good point, no new cam is needed with the yfz all you have to do is I believe retard the cam to bring it up to the yz timing. I believe this will add 2-3 hp over stock.

I am not sure if he is right about the podium finishes, but I am interested to know more, since I bought a yfz and my buddy rogers is getting the trx 450r.

ATC83
11-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Nathan Ramsey is the only one who has won an AMA supercross event on a CRF450. I’m not talking about an AMA National just an AMA Supercross event. Its very easy to advance the timing on the YFZ450, I have already done it. It adds a noticeable horsepower increase. Yamaha was really thinking ahead, why would I want to be forced to buy a new cam. Until Kevin Windham came back this year at the Nationals Honda hasn't had good luck with its CRF450. We will have to wait and see if Windham races the CRF of the CR in this years Supercross season. The reason Yamaha has more podium finishes than Honda is because Tim Ferry consistantly finishes in the top three on his works YZ450Fin almost every race he rides.

jb500ex
11-17-2003, 03:06 PM
atc 83 you give more wrong information than anyone. you do not see more people on the yzf, and they are not better for motocross you say you read the mags but all of your info is wrong. and i am still waiting for you to look up a camparison dyno to show where the yammi has more power.

jb500ex
11-17-2003, 03:07 PM
and if you knew anything you would know windham is racing the crf in supercross, you supposedly read the mags.

VIC
11-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Didn't Windham win a few mx races this year on crf coming in second in points behind RC

hsr
11-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah he won Unadilla i know for sure, and i think maybe 1 or 2 others.

TCracin440ex
11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
dude i think atc83 is just d*ckeatin off yamaha.....because he owns a yfz 450....(expected of a yamajunk rider).....hes proally going by what him and his buddies think...his opinion is like an asswhole.....full of ****...ive seen more crf 450s stomp the yzf 450s asses...only way the yzf gets up front is if the person riddin the honda is a punanny....but honda dont hire punannys....so thats that...but i think honda made yamaha look stupid....yamahas yfz 450 solgan is Suddenly every thing else is on hold....honda replied to that....every thing else is on hold for the 450r...

ATC83
11-18-2003, 07:13 AM
I think Kevin Windham won five motos in the nationals this year. He was the only one that could keep up with Ricky Carmicheal. Lets face it, Honda bought there championships by giving Ricky a deal he couldn't refuse. Ricky can win on anything, look at all his wins on a Kawasaki. the only thing that is similare to the CR250 two stroke that you can buy at the dealer to Ricky's CR250 is the cases, swing arm and frame. Hondas two strokes are the laughing stock of motocross. I have to laugh when people think that the CRF450 is faster than the YZ450, both Tim Ferry's and Kevin Windhams 450's both make 55 horse power. Thats the max your going to get out of either of these engines and still stay legal.

putzld
11-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Where did you get that the CR250 is the laughing stock of the 250s? All the reviews I ahve seen say the Honda is right up there at the top of the pile compared to the yamaha, suzuki, etc...

rtyfz450
11-18-2003, 09:05 AM
This is a quad forum right?
I think the comparison should be between who rides these engines in quads because as we all know bike are all about the cash when it comes to racing. Look at what honda brings to a supercross or moto event. Its more about who the rider is and how much factory support he has. Look at Stewart, he could win on a 50 in the 125 class and that is all rider not bike. He is the green team mascott and that is how the sell bikes to aspiring riders. In quad racing(because this is a quad forum) :rolleyes: look at how good Tim Far was on his yz 426 power racer and his more recent crf440 racer. Yes the big red rider swings both ways. I think both bikes will be equally matched. Most people in the pro class have been going with the crf450 powered quads because the yz450 has a 4 speed and less beef for a quad. But still it comes down to rider talent and buying the bike you like not because you heard on a forum that a guy's brothers cousin has a trx or yfz and it has 55 hp at the wheels and it will work everthing blah,blah,blah....................

hsr
11-18-2003, 09:31 AM
I think Kevin Windham won five motos in the nationals this year. He was the only one that could keep up with Ricky Carmicheal. Lets face it, Honda bought there championships by giving Ricky a deal he couldn't refuse. Ricky can win on anything, look at all his wins on a Kawasaki. the only thing that is similare to the CR250 two stroke that you can buy at the dealer to Ricky's CR250 is the cases, swing arm and frame. Hondas two strokes are the laughing stock of motocross. I have to laugh when people think that the CRF450 is faster than the YZ450, both Tim Ferry's and Kevin Windhams 450's both make 55 horse power. Thats the max your going to get out of either of these engines and still stay legal.

Very true about Carmichael and his bike

kgbg
11-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda buys the best riders (MX or ATV) they win with these riders. They sell bikes and quads because they win. With the best riders, you also get the best test riders and practice riders (they are not the best riders because the woke up on the right side of the bed). They get the best R&D out of guys like Carmicheal and Farr. They get the most units out to the public because Farr and Ricky won, they get more feedback from consumers, more aftermarket parts cheaper, and make more profits. With more profits, they get to hire guys like Ramsey, Windham, Ballance, Ellis or whoever. With these guys the win more races and (back to top).
Its all about the money, and I think Honda has the most. The rich get richer.

jb500ex
11-18-2003, 05:41 PM
hey atc83, how did windham do when he was racing for yamaha, suzuki, or the honda cr250, a big dissapointment right. could it be the bike. and by the way go to racerx and look at the one hit wonders section. you will see your beloved yzf family. one race win, doug henry on what was called yzm400f. so put that in your pipe and smoke it

r450rr
11-18-2003, 07:55 PM
all this bickering reminds me of when suzuski came out with the LT 250 or something like that ,, an all i remember reading about was how it was going to smoke the 250r when it came out A year later) ... an how it would have a slight edge i am tired of people giving yamaha the benefit of the doudbt about the yzf 450 on a honda forum,,, the truth is these people with yamahas just realised how much money the wasted because honda doesnt jump the gun like yamaha and just make bigger fourhweelers for no reason,, yamaha comes out with one everyother year,,, and they all suck they all got beat by ex's in drags ... an another if u took the same amount of money say 10000 dollars and bought a 450r and a yammi 450.. and spent that amount on each the honda would be so much faster cause yamaha and every other brands after market parts cost so much... not to mention the yamai's msrp is 400 more than the honda...

and the yami looks just like the raptor but slimmer... thats just proof they rush things and get them out before the big dog honda comes out with one... cause they no starting 2004 they wont sale hardley any yzf 450s... cause they cost more and aftermarket parts are so much..

6499 plus 300 for the HRC kit 48 hp.....still comes out less than the yammi, stock/// u go honda u cant go wrong

remeber 17 years later none ever talks bout the zuki.. that was rivals with the r....i dont even remeber if it was a LT 250 (i forgot the name my bad)

long live the 'R'

TCracin440ex
11-18-2003, 08:15 PM
amen r450rr.....i agree 100% to the max.....yamajunk is just wat it is...JUNK.....and people are talking smack about the 450r because they know that honda made a quad that is gonna be either A mop the floor with the yfz 450....or B be exactly the same

rtyfz450
11-18-2003, 08:16 PM
the truth is these people with yamahas just realised how much money the wasted because honda doesnt jump the gun like yamaha and just make bigger fourhweelers for no reason,, yamaha comes out with one everyother year,,, and they all suck they all got beat by ex's in drags ... an another if u took the same amount of money say 10000 dollars and bought a 450r and a yammi 450.. and spent that amount on each the honda would be so much faster cause yamaha and every other brands after market parts cost so much... not to mention the yamai's msrp is 400 more than the honda...

I don't even fully understand this but the 400ex beating anything in the yamha line up except a blaster and a warrior is bs. the raptor and banshee will kill it. The track is a differnet story but you must be delerious if you think a ex can beat a raptor stock for stock. even moded. Yamaha has put alot of thought into the design of the yfz and it shows. If you actually take time to look at the bike, people give it credit because it deserves it. The 450r will be a great bike but that doesn't mean the yfz isn't. Also if you put 10000 dollars into an 450r and into a yfz the r would be any faster because performance parts aren't bias from aftermarket companies they all cost about the same, it is oem part that are cheaper for Hondas. those doesn't make you go any faster lol. the msrp of the yamha is 400 dollars more for a reason, they added a fcr carb and that will cost you about 320 bucks plus tax and shipping from service honda. You will save about 50 bucks to get about the same performance in the engine department.

r450rr
11-18-2003, 09:45 PM
ok listen rtyzf 450

u are right about the aftermarket parts my bad i will make myself clearer nexttime sorry for the false info everyone ...

but here are some facts u can chew on

the honda is 400 less... 300 for the hrc kit.. wich will still be less than the yammi stock.. wich will produce around 48 horsepower... 42 without hrc ((((THIS IS STRAIGHT OUT OF ONE OF THE LATEST REVIEWS.... wich is plenty more than the yzf will ever produce...the displacment of the yzf is only 438 or 439cc... the honda will be a true 450 with 450cc's..the bore is one mm littler,,, the stroke is longer for the r.. the compression ratio is higher, for the yammi but the displacement is smaller and that makes a difference.. the carb is so much bigger for the honda its 42mm.. ( i think the yami is 38mm) if anything they will be about the same all around stock... ok here is were honda seperates itself from everything else/// they will be about the same stock but for a messely 300 more u can have a 13% power upgrade an add 6hp to make 48hp...(and plus that will not void the warrenty for the 450r cause its from honda... and honda warrenties are the best thing since pants with pockets.. ok on top of that i guarantee it will be more reliable than the yammi.. because thats just the way honda is... in my opinion it looks better ,,,the yzf is a raptor is what it is sorry but they could have come up with something a little different for the body style,, but once again they rush things..

so i dont even no why there are a paradox between the two because the honda costs less (will be more reliable) , and if u add the hrc it will be a lot faster.... and still u will have payed less than the stock yammi..,, it looks better cause red always does..
and how about that kickstart to top off a tru racing machine.. i mean honestly.. whats the deal with people baggering the 450r, and even questioning it... and also how about that hot start lol

and also about those ex's there the sh$$ cause u pay what u pay for the raptor or the banshee and give me the same amount to buy a ex... and i will have it modded out and smoking u before u get that yammi started.. and plus i will have a little left over to eat on afterwards... i am talking about a 300 foot drag... even stock trufully the raptor doesnt beat it that bad... and thats ashame if u think about it cause the ex is what they call stone age type motor,,, and the raptor has 260 more cc' than the ex..(thats my fourtrax 300 more of a motor)... and thats should be embarssing...

so if u ask me and a bunch of other people feel the same way...

if u want a piano u buy a yamaha ... but if u want a atv you buy a honda....

long live the r

MAN THAT 'R' DONT COME OUT TIL NEXT YEAR WHERE IN THE F$$$ DID YOU GET IT...LOL

i am sorry for expressing my self like this but i am excited to see honda come out with another classic

rtyfz450
11-18-2003, 11:35 PM
the carb is bigger but not better, look on tim farr's bike or look at what aftermarket companies are selling soon fcr what you will see(stock on the yfz). how do you know it produces 48 hp I havn't seen any dyno numbers and I am sure that if it had that much more hp than the yamaha then some of the reviewers would have posted that information. The displacement difference is minimal and doesn't make that signifigant of a difference and the compression and cam are milder than the yfz. the hcr kit does void warranty, go ask your dealer you will be suprised. If you race everything gets voided and the hcr kit is for closed course racing, says honda. Also how do you know it will be more reliable have you done a long term test comparing both bikes. I am not saying that honda doesn't make a reliable product or is not a good company but just because they are doesn't mean that yamaha can't too. The yfz may not look good in your opinion but it doesn't look like a raptor to me and the 450r looks more rushed than the yfz. The only company rushing to get something on the market is honda they need to come out with the r because the yfz was released first not early like the r. I don't want to argue any more but I will say that the honda will be a great product and I have never bashed it. I also don't have buyers regret about the yfz and will be happy for years to come. The only thing I wished was that the Honda had an e start with an option of kick and a better carb. then I would buy it but then again that is what a yfz is....... This does not mean that you should buy the yfz I am just trying to prove that the yfz isn't a piece of junk and the r isn't going to destroy it. Like I have said before buy what you are happy with for the best price you can get it for. If that is the r than more power to you.

jimbo45
11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
I would have to agree with r450rr,

Last week my dealer told me (that Honda informed him) that the R will make 42 HP in stock form and 48 HP with the HRC kit. Plus, he would add it for free and still sell for $6200! Much better deal than a Yammi for my money. Can't go wrong with a Honda. The last quad I owned was an '87 250R. Next will be a DVX400 (for trails, I like the reverse) and hopefully the 450R next winter (after the first production year is through and refinements might be made). I like the concept of the YFZ450, but wouldn't consider buying it since the new Honda is coming out. I don't know, I just feel Honda makes the most reliable, best researched ATV's around. I am sure the Yammi is fast and fun, I just won't put $6800 out for one.

ATC83
11-19-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by r450rr
ok listen rtyzf 450

u are right about the aftermarket parts my bad i will make myself clearer nexttime sorry for the false info everyone ...

but here are some facts u can chew on

the honda is 400 less... 300 for the hrc kit.. wich will still be less than the yammi stock.. wich will produce around 48 horsepower... 42 without hrc ((((THIS IS STRAIGHT OUT OF ONE OF THE LATEST REVIEWS.... wich is plenty more than the yzf will ever produce...the displacment of the yzf is only 438 or 439cc... the honda will be a true 450 with 450cc's..the bore is one mm littler,,, the stroke is longer for the r.. the compression ratio is higher, for the yammi but the displacement is smaller and that makes a difference.. the carb is so much bigger for the honda its 42mm.. ( i think the yami is 38mm) if anything they will be about the same all around stock... ok here is were honda seperates itself from everything else/// they will be about the same stock but for a messely 300 more u can have a 13% power upgrade an add 6hp to make 48hp...(and plus that will not void the warrenty for the 450r cause its from honda... and honda warrenties are the best thing since pants with pockets.. ok on top of that i guarantee it will be more reliable than the yammi.. because thats just the way honda is... in my opinion it looks better ,,,the yzf is a raptor is what it is sorry but they could have come up with something a little different for the body style,, but once again they rush things..

so i dont even no why there are a paradox between the two because the honda costs less (will be more reliable) , and if u add the hrc it will be a lot faster.... and still u will have payed less than the stock yammi..,, it looks better cause red always does..
and how about that kickstart to top off a tru racing machine.. i mean honestly.. whats the deal with people baggering the 450r, and even questioning it... and also how about that hot start lol

and also about those ex's there the sh$$ cause u pay what u pay for the raptor or the banshee and give me the same amount to buy a ex... and i will have it modded out and smoking u before u get that yammi started.. and plus i will have a little left over to eat on afterwards... i am talking about a 300 foot drag... even stock trufully the raptor doesnt beat it that bad... and thats ashame if u think about it cause the ex is what they call stone age type motor,,, and the raptor has 260 more cc' than the ex..(thats my fourtrax 300 more of a motor)... and thats should be embarssing...

so if u ask me and a bunch of other people feel the same way...

if u want a piano u buy a yamaha ... but if u want a atv you buy a honda....

long live the r

MAN THAT 'R' DONT COME OUT TIL NEXT YEAR WHERE IN THE F$$$ DID YOU GET IT...LOL

i am sorry for expressing my self like this but i am excited to see honda come out with another classic

Dude what are you smoking? That must be some good sh#$ to have such wacked out opinions.

r450rr
11-19-2003, 10:07 AM
atc whatever..

if my opinions are wacked out then prove it to me,, all i put was exactly what was in a review, that was in these forums... go read it yourself 42 without 48 with hrc kit... for 300 more an still less that the yammi.. i will say this the yammi is really probably very fun to ride... but the first question was wich one is better,,, since noone can say wich is better because everyone is opinionated... i say this the honda is 400 dollars less... with 300 dollars u can put a hrc kit on it and have 48 hp.... THAT IS STRAIGHT OUT OF THE REVIEWS GO AND LOOK.... and all i am saying is if price is in a final decision then go with the honda... and i ask my dealer and he says that it dont void the warrenty cause the 450r will be a warrented fourwheeler just like everyother honda...sorry but thats what he told me...an i agree no more arguing ...

and the banshee only has about 4 mph on the top end of the ex STOCK.. i agree the raptor has a hell of alot of top end but in a 300 foot drag with 260 more cc .. it doesnt convince me thats itss worth a da&m.. i have seen so many ex's hold there on in drag races ... i have one and i love it...

an another thing about the banshee ... i can beat a banshee in a 300ft drag with my ex... STOCK AGAINST STOCK... i admit u can tweek the hell out of a banshee and have it out running anything..(except for a tweeked out 250R

long live the 250R

www.ridehonda.com
www.rollingthunderracepark.com

eddings
11-19-2003, 10:27 AM
First I only paid $6000 OTD for my YFZ, It has e-start which would cost several hundred to add to a quad, plus it has an FCR carb which will cost a few extra dollars to include on the honda. Next you throw in that you don't need a new cam with the YFZ and that is another 200 you will save. It looks to me the Yamaha cost less or at least is well worth the extra money you might spend. Both are going to be great quads and I would expect both to be great race quads.

For the person who thinks the yfz and raptor are the same looking. What are you smoking?

After owning a raptor and a YFZ it is easy to see that the raptor was rushed into production and that yamaha spent a lot of time making the YFZ a very well thought out and well built quad. I am very very pleased with mine. I hope you are as happy with your 450r as I am with my YFZ.

Good luck and don't hate.

r450rr
11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
http://www.off-road.com/atv/press/honda/2004trx450r/index.html

oh yea here is the review about the 42 and 48 hp..

(no more arguing..)

just educated opinions...

i dont understand though how they where wacked...honestly wich part,, dont argue or be a smart ***** just wich one...

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 10:39 AM
sorry to break it to the yamaha guys but the yfz 450 aint 45 hp....i read a dyno at 41.2 hp....and its not truely 350 lbs...dirt wheels mag said it weighed 350 lbs AFTER they took off the 15lb goober stock exhaust and put a gtyr exhaust on it...the 450r i can believe its 350 lbs because it has no e start, a lighter exhaust, alu sub frame, and shyt like that.....so ppl that beleive yamaha told them the truth when they say its 45 hp and 350 lbs is wrong....just like they lie about the cc's of their bike....the yfz 450 is 439cc...NOT 450...so if they lied about the cc why not estimate the hp up to 45 and round the weight off to 350 to sound bad *** and get more sales

r450rr
11-19-2003, 10:45 AM
hey tcracing 440 ex

i think i live close to you if you live in lynchberg,,,

i live in pike county kentucky.... i come over towards your part to fish new river about ever summer... i love it over in there... but anyways..

its not that close but it is sorta...

cant wait to get my 450r

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 10:49 AM
i cant wait to get my R either...ive rode honda all my life and im not bout to stop....r450rr u ever been to birch creek in danville, va....thats my favorite motocross trakc...

r450rr
11-19-2003, 10:56 AM
no i have been to pine mountain before they closed it down ,.

but there are a dandy place in west virginia that i go to

its called rolling thunder racepark...its just drags and hill climbs and mud for the 4x4's,, but it is nice... its located in logan wva...about 1 hour and 25 mins from where i live..

u can go an look at it if u want at www.rollingthunderracepark.com

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 11:04 AM
dude im reading this site right here thats sayin the 450r has 53 hp on the dyno.......im just gonna have to dyno my own to believe...ive heard from my dealer it has 53 hp stock....ive read on the net it has 42....but the most common number ive heard is 53rwhp stock

rtyfz450
11-19-2003, 11:15 AM
lol tc ,

first off the yfz is 440 because it was made before the rule change for mx not because the lie. I have not weighed my bike yet but I will soon on a professional scale and we will see what the real numbers are good or bad. I know when I took off the stock exhaust it was like getting rid of a bag of concrete and nobody will keep the stock pipes on anyway. the yfz has the same weight saving features that the honda has like aluminum sub frame and magnesium side covers and so on. if you get a kick for the yfz you eliminate 15 pounds and then you have a pretty good race bike. the cost of the kick is not that bad also because the yz kick fits on and bob at magnolia will give you a good deal, the gtyyr kit is not necessary. I like the yfz because at least you have the option of the kick or e-start. that is just me and I am a wussy e-starter yeah I admit it.:devil:

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 11:20 AM
http://www.gasgasatv.com/images/yfzdyno.jpg lmao at taht Pu$$y *** dyno...roflmao...thats in cali....and thats what tehy got...only other reason they would get hp numbers taht low besides elevation....is they left the knobby tires on and didnt put on slicks....

r450rr
11-19-2003, 11:21 AM
i am no reliable source cause i here alot of things about how much hp it has to... i need my own dyno lol

but i have herd this before that the 450r DIRTBIKE produces 56 hp or somewhere around there... at the rear wheels..
but there are so many different opinions...i hope it has the highest one that they say but o well unless honda puts its on there site wich they wont it will be a mystery...lol

oh yea i also have a irrelevent question about the 'R' ... why didnt honda put the red hubs on the r like on the ex,,, i like the red hubs,, dont see why they didnt include that in there but ohwell... i might just switch them out with my ex...

rtyfz450
11-19-2003, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't switch out the hubs I would just take them and have them powder coated.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 11:23 AM
ne ways rty.....if you look at the yz 450f dirt bikes ccs ud see its the sameeeeeeeeeeee number the yfz 450 has...so now whistle d*ck what you got to say bout that....and that dyno was in cali...and you live in cali...so you have bout 30 some odd hp stock

seatec
11-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Man, its like a contest of whomever has the biggest wang!.
Dont you know that in the end only the better rider wins.
HP this, hp that. BS i tell ya. The only real way to compare both bikes power is when they have essential parts added to them. I know the stock YFZ450 is being strangled and plugged up. it needs a pipe, lid off and jetting. do the same modest mods to the 450r and you will see that they will be fairly close. never mind that the YFZ has about 11 less CC.

All you crack monkeys who believe everything you read. chill OUT and wait until we have both quads together and then lets do some testing.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 11:33 AM
ive seen a 416ex smoke a yfz 450 in a drag.....but i dont believe the yfz 450's hp is no 45....ill stick with the dyno i read...41.2 hp....and i believe it has abotu that much hp...if the 450r has 53 hp ill shyt on my self...but if it has bout 42-48 hp ill be happy...but i have read alot of places ppl think the polarass pregnator is bad ***...i watched off yfzcentral.com a yfz 450 stomp a predators *** so bad it wont even funny....the polarass pregnator is a tank....

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 11:38 AM
hey seatec....how bout you lick my balls...yfz owners just gettin mad....because finally some 1 is sayin shyt back...yall yamaha fans/owners thought ha ha we got honda backed into a corner...thinkin hondas only top sport quad is a 400ex....and every time suzuki, polarass, kawisucki, and yamajunk thought they have had honda tied down where they cant move....hondas came outta the corner fightin and still ended up on top once again....i figured honda was considerate of suzuki and yamaha and polaras to get there time to "shine"....but now hondas back to take the top again.....

r450rr
11-19-2003, 11:41 AM
i cant wait to wait and do some testing with my friends that have the yzf and the raptor and even the ex's//

only problem is and i just thought about this when i get mine in lol...where i live it snows about everyday till march.. so i wont even be able to top it out without slidding into a guardrail...or getting stuck..lol the truth is i will prolly have my 300 4x4 out til march.. and the r will just be sittin in the buliding looking good..

but that gives me time to modify it and stuff,, and it still look brand new... cause around here where i live when i got my ex all my friends wanted to do is touch the frieking plastic and scratch the mudd off with the fingers and put massive scratches on it... i almost killed them over the ex.... i prolly will over that r ,,, cause u dont touch someone elses plastic....lol

r450rr
11-19-2003, 11:46 AM
an another thing shewww an i dont understand this why do ppl with other brands of fourwheelers come to exriders man theydont see me going to there forums and talking smack about the yzf 450/// i mean really either go to the non-honda forum or go to a completly different site..... the only reason i put stuff on here is to here about how honda is doing with that r and when mine might come in... but really thats disrespectful to us with hondas

alias
11-19-2003, 11:49 AM
the black hubs are pimpin

seatec
11-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
hey seatec....how bout you lick my balls...yfz owners just gettin mad....because finally some 1 is sayin shyt back...yall yamaha fans/owners thought ha ha we got honda backed into a corner...thinkin hondas only top sport quad is a 400ex....and every time suzuki, polarass, kawisucki, and yamajunk thought they have had honda tied down where they cant move....hondas came outta the corner fightin and still ended up on top once again....i figured honda was considerate of suzuki and yamaha and polaras to get there time to "shine"....but now hondas back to take the top again.....

you are a very silly person. I got the YFZ450 because i am a recreational rider and want to do a HS here and there. The YFZ450 has a e-start which i value very much. No, i didnt think we had Honda cornered because at the time of my purchase i actually owned a CRF450. I loved that bike but sold it because i want to ride quads. if you read the yfzcentral page you see that very few people are actually dissing the upcomming 450r. i think in comparison ex riders are much more vocal about the subject. I think it may have something to do with their insecurity. I mean, you guys and gals dont yet have a quad you can boast with and are uncertain if it wil be any good. You guys where insisting that it would have a frame like the bikes but it wont and that mustve really dissapointed you. oh well, as for your vulgarities are concerned. Grow up little man! Your are just another opinionated dumbass regurgitating what others have written. Big Deal.

rtyfz450
11-19-2003, 11:54 AM
tc,
I really can't understand what you said but I think it was about a dyno, I haven't said anything about a dyno I was talking about displacement the yfz is 439 the yz is 450 because of the standards for racing at the time of the bikes development. I am not getting mad or insulting anyone and I am hear to talk about hondas and the 450r. It seems like you are always putting the yfz down and comparing it to the 450r. I just state the truth and my opinions.
and yes lot of people go to the yamaha sites and bag. don't think you are higher or mighter than others.

seatec
11-19-2003, 11:58 AM
rtyfz450. just let TC be man. cant you see he is just a little insecure about himself and the 450r which he probably wont even have the money for anyway.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:03 PM
i just love gettin a reaction from people.....yall have done enough bench racing and im tired of the bs between the 450r and yfz...i think the 2 bikes will be equally matched...and what 1 bike will lack the other will have....

r450rr
11-19-2003, 12:05 PM
well there must have been a flat on the raggin waggon for people that own the yammis cause all they say is about how much better there gonna be like i said before just keep talking cause about 17 years the same shi% was going down about the LT 250 or whatever it was called,,, and which one do u here the most about today// i am not saying anything about the yammi ... for me i am just a honda loyalist , and i am all about the msrp and the warrenty...i had a 84 250 big red three wheeler,, then i got a slowtrax 300 4x4 and then a 03 400ex,, soon to be a R an i have been very satisfied with them all thats why i am so opinionated

truthfully though even if i didnt no what a 250r was and i pulled up to one in the gates and right before i started my ex,, if i seen that person kick start theres it just intimadating because everything that has kick start is scary fast..lol

alias
11-19-2003, 12:08 PM
THE KICK START IS ALSO PIMPIN :devil:

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:09 PM
so imo they shouldnt even run tests on the 2 bikes....both are gonna draw about the same conclusions...the test for me will be the dependability, how long it will last, and what it does on the mx track.....for others it will be top speed and the drag race times....they are both going to be about the same....maybe the 450r will have a lil more on the the motocross track....and maybe the yfz will have more for the short drag racing and topend...i jus want ppl to stop the bench racing....i mean b4 the bike had came out good people was already talkin smack about it....they had just did the dealer convention on sept. 10th and no more than 3 or 4 days l8tr people were saying shyt about the 450r....i never read ne where on this forum where ne 1 said shyt about the yfz 450 when it came out

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:17 PM
well there must have been a flat on the raggin waggon for people that own the yammis cause all they say is about how much better there gonna be like i said before just keep talking cause about 17 years the same shi% was going down about the LT 250 or whatever it was called,,, and which one do u here the most about today// i am not saying anything about the yammi ... for me i am just a honda loyalist , and i am all about the msrp and the warrenty...i had a 84 250 big red three wheeler,, then i got a slowtrax 300 4x4 and then a 03 400ex,, soon to be a R an i have been very satisfied with them all thats why i am so opinionated

truthfully though even if i didnt no what a 250r was and i pulled up to one in the gates and right before i started my ex,, if i seen that person kick start theres it just intimadating because everything that has kick start is scary fast..lol

you must eithge be obtuse or just plain dumb. What is this "Everybody who onws a yammis saying that it will be better" jeez buddy.

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:19 PM
an another thing shewww an i dont understand this why do ppl with other brands of fourwheelers come to exriders man theydont see me going to there forums and talking smack about the yzf 450/// i mean really either go to the non-honda forum or go to a completly different site..... the only reason i put stuff on here is to here about how honda is doing with that r and when mine might come in... but really thats disrespectful to us with hondas

maybe not you but lotsa other exer's do. why are you offended by it. i guess you only want to tell your side of the story and not here the other right? your probably are a democrat too.

and besides that. have you read the thread topic. yfz vs trx?????
am i missing something here or are you a little ehh of your rocker

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:22 PM
so imo they shouldnt even run tests on the 2 bikes....both are gonna draw about the same conclusions...the test for me will be the dependability, how long it will last, and what it does on the mx track.....for others it will be top speed and the drag race times....they are both going to be about the same....maybe the 450r will have a lil more on the the motocross track....and maybe the yfz will have more for the short drag racing and topend...i jus want ppl to stop the bench racing....i mean b4 the bike had came out good people was already talkin smack about it....they had just did the dealer convention on sept. 10th and no more than 3 or 4 days l8tr people were saying shyt about the 450r....i never read ne where on this forum where ne 1 said shyt about the yfz 450 when it came out

your kidding right? nobody said anything bad about the yfz when it came out???? dude, learn how to do the search function and search for yfz450. im sure you will see plenty of pissing and moaning about how bad the yfz450 is.

r450rr
11-19-2003, 12:26 PM
ok listen seal tec

the point is ur on a honda forum and ur talking smack about the r... u might have a yzf 450...like me the honda loyalist are saying stuff because we are a little worried that honda comes out with something great cause all u all people with the yzf's are pointing out good things about ur yammi wihen the 450r hasnt even come out yet..

the truth is this first post yzf-450r shouldnt have even been made right??? cause all it has started is a bunch of arguing... i am not dumb u say urs is better an i say mine costs less.. an thats a big deal for me... cause i cant say anything about the r being better cause it ant out yet ... so u shouldnt say anything about the yzf towards the r when they cant even be compared yet...

an i am a republican actually....lol

rrussell
11-19-2003, 12:34 PM
TC- I am calling bull**** on a 416ex beating a yfz450! I have built a full out race 440 ex, 12.5:1 piston, full race porting, oversized valves, FCR39 carb, CDI, Sparks X-6 exhaust ETC. and yes, it was fast but it wouldn't touch my YFZ...not even close. Currently the YFZ is the big dog....the 450r will be right there with it. At that level it will come down to rider. The YFZ will "probably" hit a little harder than the 450r and I can almost promise the 450r will have better rider ergonomics and maybe even handle slightly better. Each will have a handful of advantages that will allow riders to have 2 great choices of quads. Just don't bull**** people saying things like a 416ex stomped a YFZ...it won't happen unless you are running nitrous! Both new quads (450r and YFZ) will be the new benchmark...even the new Suzuki 450 might change a few things.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
seatec...i said on this forum no 1 said as much **** bad about the yfz as they did when the 450r came out....all i heard is bytchin and complainin bout how its SOHC and not DOHC, what it looks like, the hp, all that bs.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:37 PM
hey go to www.yfzcentral.com and d/l the damn video of it....the proof is in the pudding buddy....watch it....

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:40 PM
and for your info a raptor beat a yfz 450 in a drag race too....so d/l the 1 about the 416ex vs 450r pt 1 and watch and see who wins...then come back to me and say sorry for ever doubting me...

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:40 PM
ok listen seal tec

the point is ur on a honda forum and ur talking smack about the r... u might have a yzf 450...like me the honda loyalist are saying stuff because we are a little worried that honda comes out with something great cause all u all people with the yzf's are pointing out good things about ur yammi wihen the 450r hasnt even come out yet..

the truth is this first post yzf-450r shouldnt have even been made right??? cause all it has started is a bunch of arguing... i am not dumb u say urs is better an i say mine costs less.. an thats a big deal for me... cause i cant say anything about the r being better cause it ant out yet ... so u shouldnt say anything about the yzf towards the r when they cant even be compared yet...

r450r. dude you are right. i like to wander over here on occasion because there is some good info to be had that concerns all quads. i am also aware that there always be opposition between rivaling (sp?) brands. YOu know whats funny. I will actually be the first to say that honda is an awesome brand in whatever they decide to make. i dont think i ever owned anything from them that wasnt great. You must admit though that there are plently hof honda rider rag on yammie all the time and proclai that the trx450 will blow th yammie away. Thats when i say, hellooo dude. you dont have a damn quad yet. chill.
i guess it all comes down to the fact that both quads will probably be very close in performance and handleing and that both quads will need some basic hop up parts like pipe and jets to make em better. didnt mean to come rag on honda on a honda site. not my style but TC was being a little imflamatory and coudlnt let it go:D

Glad your a republican.

PS Sorry i called you dumb hehe.

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:42 PM
seatec...i said on this forum no 1 said as much **** bad about the yfz as they did when the 450r came out....all i heard is bytchin and complainin bout how its SOHC and not DOHC, what it looks like, the hp, all that bs.

ok point taken.

as of r the honda look. I actually think it looks awesome.

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
you knwo whats funny? al these people *****ing at eachother on the boards about the others brand preference? In IRL they actually have a good time wiht eachother on the track or trail.
I actually wanna join one of your ex rides at the Hatfield McCoy trails. SOunds like you guys have a lot of fun there.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:48 PM
glad we see eye to eye....it does look bad ***....thats why i got the pic blown up on my desktop wall paper...suggestion for ppl that thinks its ugly...put one on your desktop and every time you get on teh computer you see it...you will begin to like it more and more and more.....and another 1 ive heard is honda dropped the ball on this quad....i dont think so...i think that honda and yamaha has stepped up and made our sport of atving better....i hope soon to see GNC races on ESPN or the outdoor channels...maybe even include quad fmx in X-games...that would be awsome...because seeing dirt bikes free stying all the time is getting old

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:51 PM
glad we see eye to eye....it does look bad ***....thats why i got the pic blown up on my desktop wall paper...suggestion for ppl that thinks its ugly...put one on your desktop and every time you get on teh computer you see it...you will begin to like it more and more and more.....and another 1 ive heard is honda dropped the ball on this quad....i dont think so...i think that honda and yamaha has stepped up and made our sport of atving better....i hope soon to see GNC races on ESPN or the outdoor channels...maybe even include quad fmx in X-games...that would be awsome...because seeing dirt bikes free stying all the time is getting old

i hope you dont mind but eventhough i like the TRX450 look i am partial to the YFZ. I agree with your opinion on both Brands having developed some awesome quads. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities that i might want to own both machines next year. Man, it would be great to get more coverage of any kind of quad racing televised.

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 12:56 PM
yea i kno....actually we do got a few atv shows...one is fishers atv world, atv world, and atv televison...but they dont show hardly no races n shyt mostly all they show is rec. ridding and occasionally some goofing off....fishers atv world is the best....but we need some race coverage on television....i just bought a big screen last week...n i cant wait till my heuvos 6 movie comes in....i got the surround sound and im rockin the house through out the whole movie........

seatec
11-19-2003, 12:58 PM
yea i kno....actually we do got a few atv shows...one is fishers atv world, atv world, and atv televison...but they dont show hardly no races n shyt mostly all they show is rec. ridding and occasionally some goofing off....fishers atv world is the best....but we need some race coverage on television....i just bought a big screen last week...n i cant wait till my heuvos 6 movie comes in....i got the surround sound and im rockin the house through out the whole movie........

i only get DirtRider on OLN.
WHen is huevos 6 suppose to be released?

r450rr
11-19-2003, 12:59 PM
sealtec

dont even worry about it n/p

i cant wait till the r comes out though i dont mean to come off as bias but i didnt think anyone would say anything since this was a honda site lol..

here is what i like about the honda (just by looking at it)
i like the plastic and the sticker.. i didnt like the plastic at first but it grows on ya... i like the front and back lights.. i like the fact of the oldschool kick start,, wich is very reliable.. i also like the showa shocks i just wish they would have made them damn hubs red,,lol

but i mean we are all quad enthusiatist.. i am glad we have different oppinions or there wouldnt be any use to make different brands and types of quads... if ya think about it this is what its all about...i am very pleased with the future of fourwheelers

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 01:01 PM
supposed to be sometime this mth....ive already called fox racign and put my h6 on backorder so imma get mine when they get it...wich should be anytime now......i can not wait till h6 gets here....i hope its better than h5...h5 sucked....h4 kicked ***....i watch huevos movies every day....and i watch them like 3x b4 i leave to go to the track

seatec
11-19-2003, 01:09 PM
supposed to be sometime this mth....ive already called fox racign and put my h6 on backorder so imma get mine when they get it...wich should be anytime now......i can not wait till h6 gets here....i hope its better than h5...h5 sucked....h4 kicked ***....i watch huevos movies every day....and i watch them like 3x b4 i leave to go to the track

Damn man. thats a lot of watching you do there bro.

r450rr: your right. thats what its all about.

peace out!

TCracin440ex
11-19-2003, 01:11 PM
yea i kno all the words to the songs lol....and i cant get enough of h4....i even burned a cd with all the tracks off h4 so i can listen to on the way to the track

eddings
11-19-2003, 01:12 PM
In all honesty this is what makes this sport grow, its the competition. If there was only one quad say the 400ex then honda would never have made the 450r. Competition is what drives the economy and what causes one person to go faster, farther, and ballz to the wall. This is what makes us better and faster. Competiton is what drives us. Without competition all our bikes would be the same and it would all be up to the rider not the quad.

ROGERS
11-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Dammit, I wish I would have been online during all the name calling and argueing (sp?):grr: Oh well:rolleyes: . Anyway, back to comparing and contrasting. I believe, like a few of you, that in stock trim they will be very similar in the power department. the curves may differ, but as for bragging rights for peak hp, we will have to wait and see. When I get my R, I will have it Dyno'd on the same Dyno that Eddings had his YFZ on, so we will have accurate numbers and curves to compare. And then, when we go racing and I waste his white and red & blue inside POS, I can brag :macho HA HA HA j/k:D

later,
Josh

kajunracing
11-20-2003, 04:51 PM
atc83 i think u need a new site!!!!!!!!!

biohazard1.2
11-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Obviously, even the mods smoke crack here.

You own both whats? You have a trx already?

:rolleyes:

biohazard1.2
11-26-2003, 06:50 AM
ok listen seal tec

oh, so honesty is not allowed on the EX forum? If the new trxr is better than the YFZ, then some will admit it. But, since the YFZ is better than anything out there now, R'S included, some feel the need to talk chit about what THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

The yfz is like a hummer, until you get one, you have no idea what you are missing;) :devil:

republican...we will try and not act surprised.

Bad Habit
11-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2
But, since the YFZ is better than anything out there now, R'S included, some feel the need to talk chit about what THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

And how do you know the YFZ is better than the R? Have you ridden the new R? Read what you just typed...."some feel the need to talk chit about what THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT".

Pappy
11-26-2003, 07:38 AM
Obviously, even the mods smoke crack here.

You own both whats? You have a trx already?

:rolleyes:

he is goofing off numbnutz;)

11-26-2003, 08:00 AM
But, since the YFZ is better than anything out there now, R'S included, some feel the need to talk chit about what THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

That's merely a matter of OPINION...

I've rode a lot of nice R's and the YFZ's didn't hold a candle to them IMO...dollar for dollar.

TGW_400ex
11-26-2003, 01:26 PM
They are sooo close to equal goto ********

kwatts400
11-27-2003, 02:00 AM
If the yfz is like a Hummer, than the average American citizen really has no business owning one (soccer mom's, perhaps). Tell me who is going to use a Hummer for what it is meant for(military). If thats the case, its all show(I've got more $ than you). I'll take my Pathfinder anyday over a Hummer. The last time I saw a Hummer on the road, I was nearly run off of it because the guy driving the Hummer couldn't stay on his side of the road. I know this won't be the case on the trails or tracks with the yfz, but if you are going for a comparison of the bikes, why not be a little more realistic and say r6 vs. 600rr.

TC17
11-27-2003, 09:41 AM
they mags say...Honda because it'll be an easier power delivery, it's easier to ride, it has a shorter wheelbase which will make it corner faster and more acturatly. you can make the YFZ lighter if you want to mess with the battery by a few pounds. i don't like the plastic, i'm ordering a carbon fiber hood and AC bumper to make the front end look half decent. after that's done, get the HRC kit and it'll fly.

cjpoole1
11-27-2003, 10:58 AM
"Can't we all just get along?'' asked Rodney King.

atcyalater
11-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by kajunracing
atc83 i think u need a new site!!!!!!!!!

It’s nice to hear an objectionable view from someone who seems to actually knows what he is talking about like ATC83. I’ve been a Honda man for over twenty years but it seems like everyone is blind on this site. Yamaha made an incredible bike that at best Honda can only match. The way some people talk on hear I think Honda could put four wheels on a piece of dog chit and they would still say it is the best bike ever made. Buying a quad simply because it is one brand or the other does nothing to progress the development of high performance four wheelers. I for one will be buying the quad that is the best and I wont be basing it on the color of the plastic. Judging by the history of these two engines the Yamaha has the nod right now but that might change when the TRX450 comes out. I will wait and see.

biohazard1.2
11-28-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by kwatts400
If the yfz is like a Hummer, than the average American citizen really has no business owning one (soccer mom's, perhaps). Tell me who is going to use a Hummer for what it is meant for(military). If thats the case, its all show(I've got more $ than you). I'll take my Pathfinder anyday over a Hummer. The last time I saw a Hummer on the road, I was nearly run off of it because the guy driving the Hummer couldn't stay on his side of the road. I know this won't be the case on the trails or tracks with the yfz, but if you are going for a comparison of the bikes, why not be a little more realistic and say r6 vs. 600rr.

blah, blah, blah...umhuh, blah, blah.

hey...there are two meanings to hummer...sorry you did not know that and it explains a few things.

:blah:

biohazard1.2
11-28-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
"Can't we all just get along?'' asked Rodney King.

yeah, but he got his *** beat before that.

really, a good point.

My quad is this, your quad is that...

We all need to meet to put this bench racing to a real test.

A series of drags, CC and MX. Run what you brung.

SO....anyone in Florida going to big scrub 11/29?

87250r88
11-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Anyone read the article on the Duncan modified YFZ in the new dirt wheels ?

kwatts400
11-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanks for reminding me of the other meaning for the word Hummer, Biohazard. I now feel foolish to have thought that you could have been thinking of anything other than a good old fashioned :o . Even though I really don't see how any man could even put the two in the same league. I really love riding quads, but d@@@@mn. Maybe that explains a few things about your experiences with the hummer!!!!

atcyalater
11-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by 87250r88
Anyone read the article on the Duncan modified YFZ in the new dirt wheels ?

I read the article, it's hard to beleive that the engine is so good on the YFZ that all they did to it was a rejet and a port job.

440exnacsracer
11-29-2003, 10:17 PM
yep..think im goin with the yfz....after all the problems ive had w/ my predator, i think im gonna sell it and get the white yfz. i would get the honda, but the yfz just has alot better looks with the white plastic and candy apple red frame..+ my dealer offers 0% apr and they said theyd sell one to me for 6200 + tax...sounds good to me:D

norrisboat
11-30-2003, 05:42 PM
That TRX is a pretty cool. I dont think it looks that bad in person. It does pretty good without any paddles in the dunes. I was pretty impressed with it. The front brakes are the best i have ever seen on any quad too.

It is just basically going to come down to what color you like. Blue or Red. Both are really good bikes. There are plus and minus's about both bikes.

bildo696
12-01-2003, 08:30 AM
r450rr, pike county?? hmmmm me too.

as for the 2 quads it reminds me of the classic battles of Ford vs. Chevy. Both quads will have their high points and their lows. They are going to be so close its not funny. We'll just have to wait until the Honda hits the dealers and find out.

wilkin250r
12-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Well, as far as the "Honda site" goes, I couldn't give a squat. You should be able to say anything you want (as long as it's not offensive) regardless if its "pro honda" or not.

Lets face it, it looks like Yamaha did there homework on this one. Pros have been using the YFZ engine for years, look at any aftermarket frame company and you'll see an option to stick a YFZ426 engine into a 250r frame.

The new Honda looks equally as impressive. The few people that HAVE ridden both aren't really giving us much info on a clearly defined winner. Maybe, just maybe, it's because there is no clearly defined winner?

Woody_YFZ
12-02-2003, 12:01 AM
I think Wilkin250R nailed it. There are probably things they like about both and we'll probably never get a straight answer, but who knows. I can't wait to ride both and make my own opinion.

r450rr
12-02-2003, 05:33 PM
bildo696

yea man i live in pike county,,,, i live over close to the breaks interstate park..i went to east ridge high school first grad,, from there..

um i got a 400ex and a 300 4x4 ,, man listen add me as a friend on here and we might get together and ride a little bit sometime..

goodluck for belfry in the state tourney,,, oh yea i forgot man i go to logan all summer to the rolling thunder racepark

wilkin250r
12-03-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm reserving final judgement until I ride both. However, so far I like the 10,750 rev limit on the YFZ. I can't seem to find a spec for the rev limit of the 450r, but with the longer stroke, I'm betting it's significantly lower.

seatec
12-03-2003, 01:50 PM
what do you mean with significantl slower? Like 9k?

YFZ450LAS
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by atcyalater
I read the article, it's hard to beleive that the engine is so good on the YFZ that all they did to it was a rejet and a port job. Just ride one and you will see these bikes rock, my bike before cam mod and spark arrestor removed would consistently beat my banshees which are shaved and piped. also before the mods I drag raced a 440 ex stage II cam down at the dunes and beat him easily, he was a nice guy and said "wow that thing is fast, I rarely lose to other 4-strokes"

TCracin440ex
12-03-2003, 01:54 PM
i think it will have a rev box upgrade if its really low tho....i kno the 400ex is 93 and wb makes rev box to get it up to 103

12-03-2003, 07:29 PM
i think it will have a rev box upgrade if its really low tho....i kno the 400ex is 93 and wb makes rev box to get it up to 103

400ex rev limiter kicks in at 8500 doesnt it, white bros and them give it like 9500 i thought

TCracin440ex
12-04-2003, 10:48 AM
nah 400ex taps out at 9,300 and white brothers rev box makes um tap out at 10,3

Bean
12-05-2003, 10:24 AM
i know this is going to piss alot of people off, but i dont give a sh*t

alot of you guys sound like your sucking honda's (and yamaha's) ddicks, shut the f*ck up, and ride both of them, then run your d*mn mouths

biohazard1.2
12-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Bean
i know this is going to piss alot of people off, but i dont give a sh*t

alot of you guys sound like your sucking honda's (and yamaha's) ddicks, shut the f*ck up, and ride both of them, then run your d*mn mouths

How eloquent.:devil: