PDA

View Full Version : Hunting problem, never seen nothin like it

J25
11-16-2003, 09:26 PM
alright, well in front of by yard there is an 8 acre sod field, then there are old growed up train track and then theres another prolly 5 acre sod field on the other side

___________ Wooods ___________________

my house

sod field

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
train tracks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sod field

ok well today i was riding down the train tracks and jumped a buck, and i went back and looked and theres tree rubs all through there, theres about a 100ft section with about 15-20 rubs in it, some of the trees are smaller but there are some about the size of 2 liter pop bottle, and they are fresh, i have never seen rubs on tree this big. we have seen the bucks that prolly made them, one night i came home late and in the sod field on the bottom there were 3 huge bucks and this is at 11 at night.

well heres the problem, there is no where to put a stand down there cuz the trees are to small and the other weird thing is, i have never seen ne of these bucks except that one night( the one i jumped wasnt big enuff to make some of them rubs), so i dunt no where there coming from because im surrounded by woods...... so what should i do, i really dont wanna spend money on one of them cameras u put on the tree, i have a big spotlight im charging now so real early in the morning ill look down there

kaneman23
11-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Your going to spotlight one?

legaleagle
11-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Nothin' beats a night vision scope for finding the big bucks... ;)

J25
11-16-2003, 09:59 PM
no im gonna use the light and shine it down there to see if i can see it and where it goes so i have an idea where to look for more signs so i can decide where to put my stand

Pappy
11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
hunt the doe's. find where they are feeding or thier travel routes and find a stand near there.