PDA

View Full Version : Spark plug wont stay tight...

Narly R
11-16-2003, 08:06 PM
I dunno whats the matter, my spark plug will stay tight for a while, then losens up. Its not the plug, it has did it with many plugs now...:mad:

Has anyone had this happen? :confused: Whats the deal?

Chef
11-16-2003, 08:09 PM
My Banshee did that once. The left spark plug just popped outta the hole about halfway up a dune. Made a helluva funny noise, so I looked down and there was no spark plug. It was just hangin in the boot. Tightened it back up and it hasnt been loose since.:confused:

sparks400
11-16-2003, 09:33 PM
try thread lock

hondarider2006
11-16-2003, 11:22 PM
use some red lock tight:rolleyes:

jshtex
11-17-2003, 07:34 AM
I had the same problem for a while with ours. But I started using a torque wrench to tighten it and turns out I was not getting it tight enough to start with. Using just a normal ratchet it would feel tight way before it actually was, and I didn't want to hurt my ported head so I was leaving it that way (loose). Try a torque wrench at 13 ft pds (acording to Honda service manual). and see if you still have the problem. I also use antiseize (SP) on the plug and I have no problems now.

Narly R
11-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Ill try lock tight, but that didnt seem like a good think to have on a sparkplug, if it wont hurt anything ill try it. I have tightened it down pretty good. Dont wanna strip it out...:scary:

Live2Ride300
11-17-2003, 07:05 PM
I once bought a pretty sweet 85' atc350x, the guy just retored the thing, looked mint, ran great. Then I went to take the plug and and I noticed it was cross-threaded and wasnt even seating correctly!:mad: I will always check the plug on every used machine I buy from now on. I just retapped it and was good to go.