PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Carb problems? help please

uns69
11-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I went riding today with some friends and after riding for a few hours, my engine seemed to lose all power. It would start, idle and run fine until I went past the midway point on the throttle. It would not rev at all. This would happen in all gears.
About 10 riding hours ago, I put a WB e-series and a dynojet kit, which included a new needle jet and main jet. The bike has been running great since the mod and the Plug looks great as well. Out of nowhere it just lost power. I believe the main jet is the one that kicks in on higher RPM. Could it be clogged or something? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :confused:

darrell43031
11-16-2003, 07:54 PM
mine did that as well. but only after i put the dynojet in cause i ran the stock jet for a while after i put my pipe on. i don't know what causes this. but i did try some things. the first was take the carb out and spray carb and choke cleaner all through it. that worked for about 4 hours then it did again. after that i drained the tank through a cheese cloth to see if there was sediment or something in the tank. but i got nothing out of the tank. i filled it back up and it fixed it for about and hour. after that i sprayed the carb out again drained the tank and put high octane gas in it (not cam2) and it hasn't done it again since. i don't know if that fixed it or if there was something stuck in the jet and it came out after the second cleaning? but thats what worked for me so you might try that

uns69
11-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks Darrell. I will check that out. Hopefully I can fix the problem and it doesn't return. If anyone else has any ideas............Im listening. Thanks