PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile Owners

SSracingNY
11-16-2003, 06:45 PM
This is to all Ski-Doo owners. Specifically MXZX 440 or any MXZ(2000-new).

I was wondering how you like your MXZ. Ive been looking at the MXZX 440 race sled and i really like the looks and style of it. It looks like it could really rip. I was just wondering how reliable and fun they are to ride. I love Arctic Cat too. I got a couple buddies that think Cat rules over everything so I dont want to follow anybody so im heading into Ski-Doo. I never had one and i want to try it. Id like to deck it out over a lil time when i get some money back. Just reply to how you like the MXZ's and what mods i should do to it. Thanks

Also, For Sale: 1991 Chevy 1500 Ext. cab, 6 1/2 box, New GM motor, trani, tires, brakes, idler arms. Mint condition. 150,000 on truck with about 30,000 on motor. Meyers Plow too. $5000.00

2002 Yamaha Blaster. Mint. Low hours. ITP rims, R/A Shredders. 70% tread. Needs nothing. Very clean. $2200

Possible For Sale(got to talk to dad 1st): 1999 Yamaha V-Max 600 tripple deluxe snowmobile. 5000 miles. Showroom condition. EXTREAMLY CLEAN!!! Just serviced last year. Needs nothing. One scratch in left trailing arm. Excelent trail sled. MAAADDDD smooth. Very well kept. Always garage kept along with ridden only in Tug Hill NY(Hell yea) Asking about $3600 possible $3500

Looking for a newer KX 125. nothing older than 1995. Lookin to spend at most $1800.

As an added note: If you are interested in buying anything or selling me a KX. You MUST be in NY. I will not ship anything or have anything shipped to me. Thanks, Mike

nuclearkielbasa
11-16-2003, 08:23 PM
All of the ZX chassis MXZ's are good sleds. They all handle very well, and there are many mods to make them better. If you want a more aggressive sled, get the X chassis, but stay away from the MXZX440 unless you are racing. Its a great sled, and yes it does rip, but its very finnicky running sled especially in poor weather conditions. I have a 2002 MXZ700 sport, and it has been trouble free. It is by far the best sled I've owned. The sport chassis has rebuildable HPG shocks that can be revalved if you want to. The X chassis has piggyback front shocks and a heavier c-46 shock in the rear that takes a little more abuse. The "trail" chassis MXZs are good too, but have standard shocks that cannot be rebuilt, and they're valved a bit lighter than the sport or X packages.

Another thing to look for..... 2000-2002 MXZ800's have had problems with piston scuffing and ring failure unless they have been fitted with new design or coated pistons and updated rings.

Adam202
11-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Pretty much any Ski doo is a nice sled. we had a 97 and 2000 mxz 440 fans and they ran awesome. they werent very fast but there very reliable. riding in the U.P your wide open alot and we had no problems. this coming friday well have 2 brand new sleds, a 2002 mxz 700 [im pretty sure sport] and a 2003 Rev 600 h.o. Definatly get a Mxz they are awesome. Dont go Artic cat Please!

TRX250X
11-16-2003, 09:05 PM
That 440 will be a nice sled. It won't be much for top end, but if it's a race sled the suspension should be set up really well. Don't expect to win any races against any 700's or anything. If I was choosing between sleds, I'd go Ski-Doo, but Cat would be my second choice.

I haven't heard much about the problems with the 800's coating, but I'm pretty sure the 700's have the NiCaSil coating also if that is what nuclearkielbasa is talking about.

SSracingNY
11-17-2003, 05:47 PM
I think i made up my mind. Im going to go for the MXZ. I ride a lot in Tug Hill and soon to be Canada, Colorado, Bliss, Old Forge, and places like that. We just sold our camp and bought a 40ft enclosed goose neck snowmobile trailer. We all have Yamis. My dad has a 03 RX-1 which kicks ***, Moms got a 01 venture 700 and my sister has a 00 or 01(cant remember) SXR 500 and i have a 99 V-Max 600 deluxe. So i figure by going to a Ski-Doo, Its gotta make the trailer look hott:blah: But ive ridden so many sleds and i like them all. Like where we ride and how we ride isnt wide open a lot. A 440 is kinda what im looking for tho. Light so if i get stuck, Lift the skis, roost on the person behind me, jump, and do all thats stuff. But if i wanna go fast ill get my dads sled or my dads/my friends 01 ZR 800. I could always do mods to it to make it faster so im not too worried about it. Im just lookin for a suspention that can take it, reliable sled, semi-fast, throw a sick rooster tail, and lift the skis without feeding the machine. The way these prices are, I gotta feed my truck and sled this season. Thanks guys, Any more opinions are more than welcome to reply.

P.S. If ya wanna talk sleds or anything IM me at SSracingNY

2001400ex
11-17-2003, 07:09 PM
If I were you, I'd go with the REV 800 H.O. - On the skidoo website it says that the REV chassis is up to six times stronger then the MXZ chassis. And I LOVE the looks of the REV. Just my opinion though. I'm sure the 800 is faster then the 440 too. Not to mention the REV is specifically designed to be for trials. I don't know if you race them or not, or if you're just a trail rider like me. One day I'll get a REV...:(

cool 300ex
11-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Jeez thats alot of rides to sell.

nuclearkielbasa
11-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TRX250X
That 440 will be a nice sled. It won't be much for top end, but if it's a race sled the suspension should be set up really well. Don't expect to win any races against any 700's or anything. If I was choosing between sleds, I'd go Ski-Doo, but Cat would be my second choice.

I haven't heard much about the problems with the 800's coating, but I'm pretty sure the 700's have the NiCaSil coating also if that is what nuclearkielbasa is talking about.

Actually, the MXZX440 liquid will keep up with my 700 out of the hole. They don't have much for speed, though. They're geared more for a snowcross track, not for trail riding. Don't buy one for trail riding, especially if you have a long way to go in between fuel stops!!!!!! Also, you MUST use high quality fuel in the MXZX440 liguid, even without high compression heads. (another reason NOT to buy one for trail riding, because you never know what you'll find for fuel out in the middle of BFE in the middle of the night)

The fix for the 800's was a moly-type coating on the pistons and a updated set of rings.

Quad18star
11-17-2003, 08:06 PM
I have ridden one a few times , especially ones that have been really done up for snowcross ( our team sleds) . They handle awesome in stock form and handle amazing with some upgrades . Get pipes for it , upgarde the clutch to soemthing like a Heel Clicker , throw some studs on it and it you want put different shocks . I work at a shop that sells aftermarket sled parts and almost every Cat rider i have seen thinks that Cat is the best thing on earth . They're all talk until a Ski-doo blows them away. LOL