PDA

View Full Version : I need shocks and arms!

EXrider03
11-16-2003, 06:38 PM
I have a 400ex and i race mx. i am looking into new suspension and a arms. i dont want too blow my bank account on this stuff so whats the best performance for best price? i was looking into elka. i heard from someone that alba or somthing has a package for suspension and arms for like 1,000$?!! i really like the elka but i dont know how cheap they are. i heard works are pretty cheap but i dont know about reliability. please help me out

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I would suggest Elka TCS or works if you are on a budget
for arms I would suggest burguard, houser,americanstar it will just depend on your budget.

I run the Elka triple rate compression adj with ssd and strongarm +2 arms the arms are ok I think I would rather have one of the above

EXrider03
11-16-2003, 07:06 PM
if i get any, it will be the elka triple rate w/ piggyback rezzies. silverfox, do you know what price range i would be looking at? i think i will be ok without the a arms for awhile i can just keep my front spacers and get my lonestar axle before the a arms. but if i do that, when i get my a arms will it not mess it up somehow? i heard you are supposed too order you have too have special a arms for your suspension? please clear this up

4wheelboy
11-16-2003, 07:23 PM
order your suspention for your arm type, weight and skill. dont lie and say your a A class rider when your not... if your doing alot of mxing i would ditch the wheel spaces and u reely dont need a axle. get arms and suspention first;)

EXrider03
11-16-2003, 07:32 PM
i dont have enough money too buy them at the same time. can i not get my suspension then come back later and get my a arms?

QuadTrix6
11-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by EXrider03
I have a 400ex and i race mx. i am looking into new suspension and a arms. i dont want too blow my bank account on this stuff so whats the best performance for best price? i was looking into elka. i heard from someone that alba or somthing has a package for suspension and arms for like 1,000$?!! i really like the elka but i dont know how cheap they are. i heard works are pretty cheap but i dont know about reliability. please help me out

I have PEP ZPS fronts and houser +2's. PM me an offer on what your looking to spend and well work out a deal.

Shock info

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79976

A Arm Info

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80162

F0URZER0ZER0
11-16-2003, 07:54 PM
i have elka tripple rates for sale. and burgard aarms. pm me if interested

Narly R
11-16-2003, 08:18 PM
You can still order the shocks, and MAYBE put them on, but you would say to have them for +2 arms (or whatever you want) and have them made for that setup, then if you put them on ur stock arms I would think that they would be way stiff, but they might still work. See what the guys above have 4 sale too. But I would get the shocks, and save up and get the arms ASAP! Then the axel.