PDA

View Full Version : Raer Elka help.

Narly R
11-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Well I have a ZPS SSD all that good stuff rear Elka, and I just went and practiced on the track, and now it seems to sit a little lower, and it is harder to pull up... Im not shure what to do... it sits all the way down on the main spring, is that little (ZPS) spring supose to hold it up at all, or is that how it is?

And can Elka hook me up with some shock covers? will I have to pay? And if so how much?

Thanks

airheadedduner
11-15-2003, 08:27 PM
I am not sure on setting up spring preload ona ssd/zps setup but they do sit low all the time. If you rear shock is comeing back up slow then you need to speed up the rebound. Heres how I recomend dialing in rebound/compression adjustments.
Go out and ride! Note how the shocks are performing. I prefer to run my fronts a little stiffer then the rears. If you feel the shocks are too harsh then back off compression till they feel good. Don't worry if they are bottoming. Would you rather go faster over 90% of the track or not have them shocks bottom on the few huge jumps but beat the crap out of you everywhere else? If the shock is packing up in the ruff then speed up the rebound. Hard is slower, soft is faster. Some trial and error and you will get it down.

Narly R
11-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Ok thanks man.I have most of it saet I think pretty close, but I was woundering how other people's were. I have the rebound set as much as it has. The rear is set as soft as it will go compression wise. Today on the track they were GREAT! I think i need to mess with my high speed ajustment a little, but they are right now really nice. They are soft, and I feel like I am about to bottom, well cole but dont. But that on like 60 foot doubles, i MIGHT hit my 80 footer tomarrow and compare it.

All in all Im VERY VERY happy. Love them lots!:eek2: :D

airheadedduner
11-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Narly R

All in all Im VERY VERY happy. Love them lots!:eek2: :D
Come try them out at salem:devil: That track is brutal.

Narly R
11-15-2003, 09:07 PM
I WILL defently! Just tell me when! I acually talked to a guy in Medford today and he said he went up there and raced and loved it too. I wanna try it out!