PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha A ARMS??

chucked
11-15-2003, 06:36 PM
a buddy of mine wrecked and he needs a top left a-arm. He has a raptor and Im just wondering if any a-arms off another yamaha bike will fit. Im serious no flamers I got a 400ex so chill.

11-15-2003, 07:24 PM
yah my friends top left a-arm bent on a 3rd gear wheelie where all the weight hit that side. I heard the upper aarms on the raptors are weak. we wound up gettin a backhoe shovel & flatteing it on a rock, worked ok. :eek2:

chucked
11-15-2003, 07:30 PM
he was in a 2nd gear wheelie, I think its all yammies that have weak top a arms. were probably just gonna end up bending it back and welding a brace onto it or something. the thing that sucks is that its only 3 weeks old and a limited edition so he'll have to try and match the paint with whatever he gets

11-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by chucked
he was in a 2nd gear wheelie, I think its all yammies that have weak top a arms. were probably just gonna end up bending it back and welding a brace onto it or something. the thing that sucks is that its only 3 weeks old and a limited edition so he'll have to try and match the paint with whatever he gets
yamaha a-arms bend like rubber... i cant count how many warriors in particular i've seen with bent arms. Banshees too. If u like at yamaha a-arms,if im not mistaken, theres a flange on the end where it connects to the hub. this is a pretty vulnerable area and its weak. Honda a-arms(or at least the 400s) have a bar right between the arm where it connects by the hub. i think this is a lot better designing and is more effective.
I love banshees,and even raptors are cool, but if a 400ex and a yamaha got in the same exact accident,like a simple wheelie accident, u will probably see the yamaha has more extensive damage. and im not all pro honda. Im just saying from what i've seen, that i've flipped a banshee on a wheely and bent the upper a-arm, bent the pipes up,bent the handle bars,bumper smashed in,plastics stressed out,and the frame was a tad tweeked in the rear. this wasnt a bad accident either. my 400ex's have been rolled in the same manner and i got bent stock bars. so sorry to babble on,but that news on the raptor doesnt shock me.

o,and isnt the raptor under warranty?

chucked
11-15-2003, 07:42 PM
O,and isnt the raptor under warranty?

I think its gonna be hard to get them to cover it...

toby400ex
11-15-2003, 08:24 PM
he should buy some steel upper a-arm replacements from James Lucky. Theyre 210 for both uppers. Better than to keep buying pos yamaha ones. :o