PDA

View Full Version : READ: Something you should know about Target department stores!

RUNMYTA
11-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Just thought I would share an interseting E-mail from my HQ concerning Target. These B@stards can rot! They will never get another penny from me!!

Michael L. Roberts
SGT, USARMY
Personnel Services Sergeant
(615) 313-XXXX

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 12:27 PM
To: Moore, Dianna L., SFC; Roberts, Dina M. SGT; Roberts, Michael L.
SGT; Brimhall, Jason J. SPC; Fryer, Jeffery A. SPC; Little, Michael E.,
SGT; Wilson, James P.,SGT; Matthews, Michael C. SFC; Meade, Jeffrey
W.,SGT; Clark, John S. SP/4; Brackett, Chasity H. CPL; Rypma, Brett P.
MAJ; Kilbourne, Jimmy W. MAJ; DeLeon, David [SGT] -- KY-ARNG
Cc: EILEEN FOX; Winn, Laura
Subject: FW: FYI Target Stores

Subject: FW: FYI Target Stores

> > > Vietnam Veterans Association By Dick Forrey
We asked our local Target store to be a sponsor of the Vietnam
Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event. We received
back a reply from Target management that "veterans do not meet our area
of giving. We only donate to the areas of the arts, social actions,
gay andlesbian causes, and education."
> > > > >
My thought:
If the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general, do
not meet their donation criteria, something is wrong at Target. We
were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, but simply
sponsorship of an endorsement for a memorial remembrance.
> > > > >
As follow-up, I E-mailed the corporate headquarters and their
Response was the same. Personally, I will NOT be purchasing anything at
Target Stores again. If the Vietnam Veteran or Veterans in general do
Not meet their area of giving, then why should I, as a Vietnam veteran,
spend my hard earned money in their stores? (TARGET IS FRENCH OWNED -WHAT
WOULDYOU EXPECT?)
> > > > >
Please pass this on to as many people as you know.
> > > > >
Sincerely,
Veterans Helping Veterans
> > > > >
PS: Target will also not allow the Marines to collect for "Toys
For Tots" during the holidays. Are you surprised?
> > >
> > >
> > >
>

trx400ex
11-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Screw Target theres always a Wally world around the corner....

11-15-2003, 02:45 PM
they shoudl start selling vibrators, the gay and lesbians will love it, and they can donate them to the organizations

Nausty
11-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
they shoudl start selling vibrators, the gay and lesbians will love it, and they can donate them to the organizations

lmao

Atreyu
11-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Target sucks.

Nausty
11-15-2003, 04:21 PM
they pry didn't even read the email, its pry just a automated response. But hey w/e

2001400ex
11-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by freeride132

If they did all the employees and managers/owners would not be helping anyone there, they would all be sitting around with one up their icehole. I've never bought anything from Target and serioussly doubt I will if they are that disrespectful to people who have served time defending the country their own stores operate in.

K_Fulk
11-15-2003, 06:05 PM
I sent some emails of your post, Hopefully it will get the word spread.

Jeffksf
11-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I sent some emails of your post, Hopefully it will get the word spread.

Me too, A-hole Frenchies

chucked
11-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Let me tell you all something. You all do not know how bad target is. You wanna know why?? Ive worked there for 2 years. They always try to be cool and ask me "hey when u gonna work more hours, we want you to work more hours...." so i go "hey ok" then i put in my change of availibility to work more and THEY DONT PUT ME ON THE SCHEDULE FOR MORE HOURS LIKE THEY ASKED!!! Then they make everyone stay until 2 in the morning until the store is perfectly clean and straight. WHO CARES!! no other store does it. Then they dont say "customers" or "employees" they say "guests" and "team" in their try to be "Fast, fun and friendly" and they pay crappy to. in the 2 years ive been there ive only got a 20 cent raise. For those of you wondering I only work there as a side job, my money making jobs are at a car wash and an on site preventative maintenence company for heavy equipment. And target has direct deposit so it makes my checking account free.

my "team leader" always tell me to walk faster, it looks more professional, I say the more you pay me the faster I more, at 7 dollars an hour its only a slow walk.

2001400ex
11-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Why don't you just quit and find a better place that pays the same? Or at least ask for more then a .20 cent raise, tell them that's rediculous. 2 years does not mean a .10 cent raise per year. That's disgusting:rolleyes:

chucked
11-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
Why don't you just quit and find a better place that pays the same? Or at least ask for more then a .20 cent raise, tell them that's rediculous. 2 years does not mean a .10 cent raise per year. That's disgusting:rolleyes:

its easy, I only work 8 hrs a week, it keeps my checking account free

pbarr86
11-15-2003, 07:05 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Just another stupid chain letter!!!

chucked
11-15-2003, 07:10 PM
O BTW Target doesnt give a rat's *** about if you or anyone you know wont buy from target anymore. sales at all of their stores are up this year. the one I work at is up by almost 15% from last year and there was a wal-mart just built around the corner this summer.

redroost85
11-15-2003, 08:24 PM
I ahev never shopped at a Target. I don't think there is even one around here. But, my mind is made up now. WTF man! Freaking a-hole tree hugging bunch of Frenchies! SOB!

Is there anything truly American anymore? This sell-out schiz has got to stop! Heck, might as well go to Mexico. That's where all the jobs go around here!:grr:

chucked
11-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
I ahev never shopped at a Target. I don't think there is even one around here. But, my mind is made up now. WTF man! Freaking a-hole tree hugging bunch of Frenchies! SOB!

Is there anything truly American anymore? This sell-out schiz has got to stop! Heck, might as well go to Mexico. That's where all the jobs go around here!:grr:

where is Honda from anyway?

toby400ex
11-15-2003, 08:31 PM
What do gays and lesbians need money for exactly? Dont they have jobs like the rest of us. Or does there "life choice" not allow that.

2001400ex
11-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by chucked
its easy, I only work 8 hrs a week, it keeps my checking account free

If I were you I'd try to find something that offers you the same hours and options with your checking account...if not I guess I would just work there for the extra money..

chucked
11-15-2003, 08:42 PM
If I were you I'd try to find something that offers you the same hours and options with your checking account...if not I guess I would just work there for the extra money..

it wouldnt be worth the time, Im already trained, I know what to do, everyone leaves me alone as long as i at least do a half-assed job, it's to conveinient to leave. I may be quitting soon though, depends on if my new job can guarantee me a permanent position.

2001400ex
11-15-2003, 08:50 PM
I can see where you're coming from...it wouldn't be worth it to up and leave and have to go through training for a different job. When you do quit do something to your boss, like go up to him, smack him in the face, flip 'em the bird and say FU! I quit! Oh! And Target SUCKS!:p

chucked
11-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I can see where you're coming from...it wouldn't be worth it to up and leave and have to go through training for a different job. When you do quit do something to your boss, like go up to him, smack him in the face, flip 'em the bird and say FU! I quit! Oh! And Target SUCKS!:p

you know i just realized something, almost all of the "team leaders" have military backgrounds. I know of 4 that are into it big time. One was in the marines for 20 years or something. they are all screwy though. they are always trying to change stuff to make it better but they end up just going back to the original way. Right before I broke my ankle they put all these new rules in effect and were enforcing them big time (stupid stuff like no drinks in the back room, return all radios to the front end at the end of your shift, hand all you pdt's (the gun scanner things) to the leader at the end of your shift.) when I came back 3 months later everything was just as before i left. thats really weird though. I bet the people at my target have no clue about whats going on.

2001400ex
11-16-2003, 08:49 AM
They sound like a bunch of retards...some people are so stupid:rolleyes:

brian
11-16-2003, 09:33 AM
at wallyfart the other week, she shopping for bathroom stuff. up painted on the wall, in big letters "bring it home to the usa" cool i thought.

everything i picked up in that isle was made in china....

86atc250r
11-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Did none of you read pbarr86's post?

THIS IS BOGUS!!!

Another internet hoax probably started by someone with some vendetta against target because they would not take back the clothes he bought for a special occasion, wore once & tried to return.....

chucked
11-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Did none of you read pbarr86's post?

THIS IS BOGUS!!!

Another internet hoax probably started by someone with some vendetta against target because they would not take back the clothes he bought for a special occasion, wore once & tried to return.....

they still f'ing suck

blondie69
11-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Hmm...Target Department stores...never heard of it, and by the sounds of it..thats for the best too:huh I jus plain don't like department stores...at all. You'll rarley see me buyin from them unless its something other then clothing (ahh...I hate deparment store clothing...so uncorfterable...)

86atc250r
11-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Everyone has "horror" stories about entry level positions they've had.

I've heard those types of stories about walmart, mcDondalds, Wendys, local parts stores, etc...

Not necessarily a problem with the company iteself, usually a problem with local management.

chucked
11-16-2003, 06:08 PM

Not necessarily a problem with the company iteself, usually a problem with local management.

yup

JOEX
11-16-2003, 07:27 PM
....Not necessarily a problem with the company iteself, usually a problem with local management.
And the local workforce;)

Joe

86atc250r
11-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Yep :)

pbarr86
11-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks 86atc250r,

A quote from the official Veterans of Foreign Wars website

"The Veterans of Foreign Wars would like to remind all that the Internet culture weaves rumors and misinformation. Simply put, don’t believe everything you read. For example, an e-mail message urging veterans to boycott Target has been circulating on the Internet because a solicitation request to support “The Moving Wall” was denied.

Target has a long-held corporate policy regarding donations. And in all fairness, Target contributes more than $2 million weekly to charitable causes and is one of the corporate sponsors for the 2003 tour of the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial Fund’s “The Wall That Heals.” “The Wall That Heals” is a traveling Vietnam Veterans memorial and museum that has a strong educational component for schools and serves to honor all our veterans"

For the whole message click

HERE (http://www.vfw.org/news/target.htm)

and again for the complete story go here http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

If you are gonna dump on the place that's cool but don't don't dump on it for the wrong reasons.

:D

chucked
11-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Guess what?? I quit target this morning, I didnt even last half an hour. They are firing the wrong people. Apparantly If you sit on your *** all day you get raises. if you work you *** off all day, clean up all the dead mice (yes they have a mice problem) you still get *****ed at.

PHIL_B54
11-20-2003, 03:52 PM
pbarr86, it doesnt seem that people listen to reason, they listen to the first thing that makes them mad...thanks for digging up the truth