PDA

View Full Version : how do you clean your gear?

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-14-2003, 08:13 PM
how do you guys clean your gear(helmet, boots, chest prtoector, googles, gloves etc.)? cause im going widing tomorrow and my stuff is dirty and smelly

Glow Plug
11-14-2003, 08:17 PM
washing machine for all your gear besides your helment and chest protector. Does you helment have a removeable lining?

kamikaze_rzrbak
11-14-2003, 08:20 PM
my helmet does not have a removable liner:(

hondafox440
11-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Boots, helmet, chest protector, knee pads - pressure washer
Pants, gloves, jersey, helmet liner - washing machine
Goggles - sink

Narly R
11-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Goggles - sink

yep...

remlapr
11-14-2003, 08:55 PM
I have to spray EVERYTHING with a pressure washer before the wife will let me wash it in the washing machine :rolleyes:

Brad
11-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
I have to spray EVERYTHING with a pressure washer before the wife will let me wash it in the washing machine :rolleyes:

i have to pressure wash the mud off my gear

TLC
11-15-2003, 02:18 PM
ProClean works the best for me. I add it in the washing machine. It helps make the white on the gear white again. I also use the pressure washer and ProClean to clean the ATV plus the boots ,helmet, and chest protector. There is no dirty film left behind on the ATV or gear.

rowlrag
11-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Weuse Red Lightning, it's an automotive degreaser that alot of auto detailers use. Mix 50/50 never have to scrub and won't eat aluminum like some. pm
:D

mxdave28
11-15-2003, 04:32 PM
myself if its really nasty same as others..use pressure washer to get the chunks off...then i spray it down with super clean and use a stiff bristle brush and scrub...then pressure wash it again.....THEN :rolleyes: i put it in the washer machine like normal clothes hang dry....my gloves i just use regular hose and hose them out using the scrub brush...helmet, i use soap and reg. hose with a car wash mit...mine has removable liner so thats easy but, other then that just take the hose and hose her out. it seems like alot of work but my gear is 3 years old now and still looks new well, with the exception of the new small tear in my jersey i recieved Oct 12th during my unscheduled dismount:devil:

AtvMxRider
11-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Goggles - sink

Same here.