View Full Version : Used Wroks tripple rate w/ rezzy's (test ride)

Zingnut
02-11-2002, 01:31 PM
I finally got the shocks from my buddy (and yes these are the shocks you were trying to buy 400exracerx). I mounted them up and only could find a preload adjustment???? I thought that they had more adjustment than that. Dunno what model but they have two white smaller springs and one big blue spring if that means anything. I adjusted the preload on the shocks and found something I thought was unusual. I adjusted the preload out 4 rings, when I released the clamp the springs did not completely expand to the retaining ring. I adjusted with 9 ring positions still available above it. Does this mean the springs are shot. I rode for about three hours and still they are loose if the front end is lifted off the ground. Loose meaning maybe an eighth of an inch gap (of play that is). My buddy also says that one needs to be rebuilt. I was unable to feel the problem but priced it out to be 39.99 for rebuild and 19.99 for all seals. Does this sound normal. So my final question is what would be a fair price for these. I don't want to be screwed and I don't want my friend to feel I am cheap. Any help wuold be great. P.S. It made a huge difference in the performance of the bike.