PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount flag on a bike?

oynot400
11-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Now that I got this bike, I was wondering. Where do you mount the flag for the dunes? On the quads there is a spot on the rear grab bar. I never paid any attention to the bikes before, what do they do?
Any pics or ideas will be helpful, thanks. :)

dariusld
11-14-2003, 04:54 PM
The conventional place is the rear wheel axle bolt. But some people mount them to the bolt for the silencer. The second way, the whip sits alot higher. I have mine mounted to the screw for the rear brake guard. The mount I used was just a spare piece of metal lying around. I bent it and then drilled two holes in it.

Narly R
11-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Just buy a mont that bolts to the subframe or whereever, dont hook it to like the swingarm caus eit will like rap around ur wheel or sumthin, it prolly wouldnt b too hard to make ur own mount...

Dog
11-15-2003, 10:13 PM
with A big roll of duck tape you can mount anything anywhere. If not I have see them on the rear finder.

F-16Guy
11-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Just hold it, ride for about 50 feet, and throw it in the sand!:blah: Seriously, most people mount them on the swingarm bolt or duct tape 'em to something, but they usually break off in a hurry.

Narly R
11-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Stick it in ur chest protector, thats what us hillbillies do!:cool:

oynot400
11-19-2003, 06:21 AM
I see Rocky Moutain has a bracket that goes on the rear axle bolt. It is pretty cheap, under $10. They only thing with it, I don't know if my flag is tall enough now? I will probably make something work either on the sub frame or the rear axle bolt. If that fails I will duct tape it to my chest protector! :eek2:

airheadedduner
11-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by oynot400
I see Rocky Moutain has a bracket that goes on the rear axle bolt. It is pretty cheap, under $10. They only thing with it, I don't know if my flag is tall enough now? I will probably make something work either on the sub frame or the rear axle bolt. If that fails I will duct tape it to my chest protector! :eek2:
With the longer flag you need on a db that mount will break, did on my firends bike. The guys I talked to at the shop said the ones tath you see for sale most anywhere are crap. Your best bet is to just make one.

300exjumper
12-05-2003, 08:01 AM
you guys are all a bunch of idiots. Yes you will have to make your own and it is quite simple. All u need is a 4 inch long piece of angle iron, 2 hose clamps and a zip tie. With this setup your flag will never fall off. It is hard to explain how to do, but you mount it on the swingarm.

dariusld
12-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 300exjumper
you guys are all a bunch of idiots. :rolleyes:
We are a bunch of idiots, but you "can't explain anything." :huh
Lot of help you were.

redrider69
12-10-2003, 05:42 PM
GOD people are such bullys these days..lol people trying to help this guy out and then you call them an idiot gosh BULLYS thses days.

84Titan
12-12-2003, 03:06 PM
The guys I ride with who own dirtbikes drilled a small hole in the center of their rear fender. Put washers on each top/bottom sides of the fender and tightened the bolt to the flag whip. Strongly suggest getting a flag with the 2" spring at the bottom. They hold up better and have more play than the solid, fiberglass whips. When they remove their flags, a colored piece of electrical tape or duct tape hides the hole. No damage to the fender and no chance of getting the whip caught up in the wheel. Just a thaught.

RH1N08d9
12-16-2003, 02:55 PM
When I had my bike, I took a 90 deg angle bracket, and drilled a hole on each side, then bolted it to the rear seat mount bolt. It could possible be in your way though if you are a big guy, I was only 5'7", so I didn't really hit it at all!

hondaexryda
12-29-2003, 10:30 PM
also you can drill a hole in the back fender and get brackets, thats what im going to do when i take my 125 out to dumont