PDA

View Full Version : A-arms, shocks, or axle first?

Blysster
02-11-2002, 12:42 PM
I can only afford to do one mod at a time.. In what order should I go?

+2 A-arms, 2+2 Axle, Shocks, or XR cam.

Well I should have the axle in a few weeks but i'm just wondering what order you guys (and girls) would go? I don't want to do any serious engine mods until i have all of those.

If I go for the +2 a-arms whill the stock shocks work with them.. for a while?? And will the XR cam make a big difference with the mods I have?

Thanks for any help..

NacsRacing400
02-11-2002, 01:23 PM
If I were you I would get shocks first, then a- arms or axle. Get the axle if it will take you a long time to save for the a arms because then you shocks will need revalved and you can have them revalved for the new a- arms. This makes sense because geting shocks and having them for one week and then having to get then revalvd again seems like a waste of money. As far as the xr cam i dont have one but i am also wondering if it will make a big difference.

kabd69667
02-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Get the axle first, then the a arms, and lastly the shocks. You won't be able to use the +2 a arms with out shocks and its really not good to use shocks valved for +2's at stock width. Get the axle first

Mitch400EX
02-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Since you already have the axle, I would go with the shocks next. The stockers in front are not very good to begin with and when the leverage of +2 A-arms is added you will probably bottom out (hard) on jumps. After you have bought the A-arms you can have the new shocks revalved to work with them.

NJ300ex
02-11-2002, 06:28 PM
you don't need to revalve. Just get the shocks valved for a person that is 25 pounds heavier than you and your shocks will work great for the plus 2 a arms but will be real stiff for the stock arms.