PDA

View Full Version : Kartin TIPS!!!

400grl
11-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey all!!! I am going go-karting with everyone here at Porsche tonight, and I will be one of a very few girls trying to hold their own in a sea of testosterone!!!! Anyone have any good tips for kicking some man-butt? ;) Or at least holding my own??? :D I know not to slide out in the corners, and that momentum is important, but beyond that I'm pretty much lost!!! Racing on a solid surface is new to me!

Thanks!!!! :)

roostin_dale
11-14-2003, 10:45 AM
never use the brakes and good luck;)

you'll do great..

300exQuadracer
11-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
never use the brakes and good luck;)

this is true when i used to race there where brakes on my kart but as much as you can keep it to the floor

also if you spin out or get turned around, stay in the kart!!! i seen a guy get picked off cause he was trying to get his kart off the track

but other than that have fun

wilkin250r
11-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Race in a g-string...

airheadedduner
11-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Race in a g-string... :devil:
Ride defensivle, hold the inside line and work to the outside on exits. Use the whole track. Even if they are faster then you it will make it hell to get around ya.

400grl
11-14-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm good at clogging! :) This is good info - I'm taking notes!! :)

jcv400ex
11-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Race in a g-string...

And topless....that'd add a hole new dimension to Go Cart Racing.......

Good god, we're pigs! :D Keep it pinned almost the whole time, come up on someone in the turns, give him alittle nudge in the rear, sneak down inside of him in the turn...works like a charm! Just don't let him catch you again.....:cool:

86350x
11-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Being lighter will help you on the start, keep it pinned, and shift your weight when you need to in tight corners.

IF you need to brake, try to brake later then the next guy. Taking a corner fast,usually consists of starting out wide and ending up on the inside of the next straight, your also yard to pass if you do that, because the can't take away the inside line from you.