PDA

View Full Version : Don't get ripped off!!

holeshothobson
11-13-2003, 11:34 PM
A note to all of my Honda brothers here. Do not do business with FDO/ABC racing under any circumstances. These guys will take your money and your parts. I lost over $3000.00 because I thought they were legitimate. My full blown Mod sits in the garage collecting dust because of these thieves.

ewalker302
11-14-2003, 01:07 AM
Put this in the traders feedback forum

:bandit:

JOEX
11-14-2003, 01:09 AM
Can you explain further? What happened? You should provide some details of what the problem is when publicly bashing a person or company.

Joe

JD400exrider
11-14-2003, 01:35 AM
You need to explain and give some details. Your first post on ex riders is to publicly bash FDO racing. They are a legitaimate company. In fact if i am not mistaken they built the motor for the ex riders project quad. My riding buddy also has a recently built motor from mike at FDO along with a few other members on here. Not only that they advertise on this site. I would hope that you have talked with FDO about your problem first before venting on here.

11-14-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by holeshothobson
A note to all of my Honda brothers here. Do not do business with FDO/ABC racing under any circumstances. These guys will take your money and your parts. I lost over $3000.00 because I thought they were legitimate. My full blown Mod sits in the garage collecting dust because of these thieves.

I'll give you till noon to give us the full reason on these thoughts and problems you had. If no reply I"m deleting this thread and calling it BS..:cool:

MOFO
11-14-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'll give you till noon to give us the full reason on these thoughts and problems you had. If no reply I"m deleting this thread and calling it BS..:cool:

Good call.

Somethin tells me after that article in ATV Sport, you guys will have to filter out alot of BS threads like this.... aimed at bashing the project 400EX more than anything....

AlaskaSpeed
11-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
You need to explain and give some details. Your first post on ex riders is to publicly bash FDO racing. They are a legitaimate company. In fact if i am not mistaken they built the motor for the ex riders project quad. My riding buddy also has a recently built motor from mike at FDO along with a few other members on here. Not only that they advertise on this site. I would hope that you have talked with FDO about your problem first before venting on here.

I agree that the guy who started this thread needs to lay out the story if he is choosing to post a negative thread like this. I had similar dealing with Trinity Racing on my Cannondale head and know his frustration in that same regard. What happened with FDO???? JIM

holeshothobson
11-14-2003, 09:19 AM
I agree with you all. I would love to enter this forum and enjoy talkin 400 mods with everyone. Im bummed to have my first post a negative. The fact is these guys recieved a relatively new cylinder head complete with valve cover, cam and rocker shafts, web hardened rockers still in the packaging, titanium retainers, and a LARGE check for headwork in advance for porting, oversized valves, springs, and a new cam. They were shipped fed ex tracked to their address, confirmed reciept by Mike over the phone on 3 seperate occasions. This is no small rip off either, imagine replacing all of those parts and the money, keeping in mind you just lost all that money. This is why I posted to all of my friends that ride too, so that you wont miss seasons of riding and endure such a financial burden. I do not intend to bash at all, only hope to protect others from taking such a hit.

Pappy
11-14-2003, 09:21 AM
so your saying you have proof that they recieved parts but they dont acknowledge recieving them?

holeshothobson
11-14-2003, 09:27 AM
They acknowledge reciept.

Pappy
11-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by holeshothobson
They acknowledge reciept.

ok...they recieved parts and money. are they preforming the work or what?

Pappy
11-14-2003, 09:39 AM
you will have to excuse me but my BS alarm is ringing off the hook. $3000.00 for the parts you described plus labor for headwork:huh something doesnt add up.

holeshothobson
11-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Its been nearly a year now. They will no longer communicate at all. I have hired an investigator to gather any and all information regarding this company and all that work there. This investigator has been incredible. This forum was part of a report loaded with info. I am not the type to walk away and just lose, or let others walk into the same trap.

MOFO
11-14-2003, 09:45 AM
If this was true, which I dont believe it is... why would you not just buy a freakin plane ticket and visit them in person?? Instead you pay for a private investigator???

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bullchit.gif

Admin
11-14-2003, 09:48 AM
I personally find this difficult to believe, so I will be contacting FDO this evening to find out their side of the story.

Admin
11-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Mr. Hobson

Mike from FDO Racing called me tonight and assured me that you aren't getting ripped off! He explained to me that you sent in your parts and money sometime ago from California, and you told him that there wasn't a need to rush. At that time, he was fairly busy with the East Coast engines because most guys in East Ride during the Spring and Summer months. Now, fall and winter is kicking in, the west coast engines are becoming a higher priority because this is your peak riding time. He acknowledge that he has been overwhelmed with work, and he did put off getting your engine done. He is sorry about it, and promised to have it shipped out within the next two weeks.

I am sure you will be happy with your 473cc Engine when you get it, and I think the wait will be worth it. Large Engine builders get so overloaded with work, and most can't even stop to answer the phone. I know from experience from dealing with several engine builders. I have heard of many people waiting 6+ Months on their engines, and I have any heard of several waiting over a year. One word of advice, Never tell them that there isn't any hurry.

I will follow up on this in two weeks and post an update.