PDA

View Full Version : Renthal Handlebars

LazeR
11-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Are the 400ex renthal handle bars....basically the same as stock 400ex ones as far as bend and stuff wise...but they have the crossbar?

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-13-2003, 11:12 PM
yep.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
yep. ;)

RIDER11X
11-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Yes they are, and another similar option is the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend that is very similar in height with the fat bar adaptors, but it has a bit less sweep back, which is very nice in my opinion. I run those on my 400, and they are roll over tough!:p

LazeR
11-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Mine were roll over tough, just not flip over backwards fall down a hill tough :) and it still didnt bend them to bad....but i want some new ones with the cross bar.i think it looks better anyway

aslo im so happy cause my steering stem is getting straightened today, i took it apart yesterday and it was pretty tweaked!

RIDER11X
11-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Mine were roll over tough, just not flip over backwards fall down a hill tough :) and it still didnt bend them to bad....but i want some new ones with the cross bar.i think it looks better anyway
aslo im so happy cause my steering stem is getting straightened today, i took it apart yesterday and it was pretty tweaked!

:eek2: No you don't want to do that! Those stems are disposible units.............They are like $47.99 from Planet Honda, dirt cheap...........better than getting a nasty surprise from a crucial peice of stressed steel. They will crack very easily after a hard cold bend. Spend the money for your safety. :cool:

PS. I keep one around all the time as a spare!:D Just put one in after a roll over and fall down a hill tumble into a creek..........Pro taper bars were fine.................stem was tweaked.:blah:

LazeR
11-15-2003, 12:36 AM
what is planet hondas website?

ewalker302
11-15-2003, 04:11 AM
Are the 400ex renthal handle bars....basically the same as stock 400ex ones as far as bend and stuff wise...but they have the crossbar?

My 400 came with Renthal Bars & they have too much taper for me to really be comfortable.

I'm large 6'4 44-48 chest, so for someone with a smaller frame they may work great.

I like the way they look though.

:bandit:

RIDER11X
11-15-2003, 06:26 AM
what is planet hondas website?
Here is Service Honda, they are sometimes just a bit cheaper

http://www.servicehonda.com

hondarider2006
11-15-2003, 04:43 PM
I ordered my stem from servicehonda about 2 weeks ago. Still not here, and it was about $48

RIDER11X
11-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I ordered my stem from servicehonda about 2 weeks ago. Still not here, and it was about $48

I ALWAYS ask if it is in stock when ordering, if not, I go elsewhere. Many mailorder companies out there!;)

RIDER11X
11-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Planet Honda:

http://www.planethondaracing.com/cgi-bin/hondaparts/results_parts_details?mv_session_id=wCanNAXX&mv_pc=131&se=pg_d_id%3d669%20and%20pg_my_id%3d49

muff
11-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I ALWAYS ask if it is in stock when ordering, if not, I go elsewhere. Many mailorder companies out there!;)

service honda doesn't stock any parts, but that allows them to have really cheap prices

renthal bars on a stock stem is a good setup

if you go back to the steering and suspension forum look under handlebar help and look at the pictures/info i posted there

RIDER11X
11-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Yes they are, and another similar option is the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend that is very similar in height with the fat bar adaptors, but it has a bit less sweep back, which is very nice in my opinion. I run those on my 400, and they are roll over tough!:p

Here they are:
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/rider11x/Web%20pics/Bars.jpg

Steve-o 400EX
11-17-2003, 09:59 AM
I dont think my renthals are that close to stock, i felt a definate difference. I also like how strong they are, but i havnt rolled yet so i cant say i know that from personal experience. ;)

11-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Here they are:
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/rider11x/Web%20pics/Bars.jpg

DAMN those bars seem a lil high to me what bend are they?

RIDER11X
11-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
DAMN those bars seem a lil high to me what bend are they?
Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend that is very similar in height with the fat bar adaptors, but it has a bit less sweep back, which is very nice in my opinion.

As posted on page #1

400grl
11-22-2003, 07:59 AM
I had the Renthal ATV bend bars on my 440 - and they were pretty much identical to my stock bars. I also swapped out about 5 stock steering stems from rollovers, crashes, etc. The stock ones are pretty much disposable.

I am running a +2 1/2 RPM antivibe stem on my Shee right now, with Pro-Taper mid-hi bars - and WOW!!!!! I am spoiled now! The bars are a little wider than stock with not near as much sweep - this helps me with leverage, and makes turning WAY easier!

QuadJunkies
11-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I had the Renthal ATV bend bars on my 440 - and they were pretty much identical to my stock bars. I also swapped out about 5 stock steering stems from rollovers, crashes, etc. The stock ones are pretty much disposable.

I am running a +2 1/2 RPM antivibe stem on my Shee right now, with Pro-Taper mid-hi bars - and WOW!!!!! I am spoiled now! The bars are a little wider than stock with not near as much sweep - this helps me with leverage, and makes turning WAY easier! WHOA:eek: +2 1/2 huh?? How tall are you Cory? I was just curious, I like my stem up higher too, I almost think I would like mine a little more than what I have now,but WAY better than stack was.. I felt too hunched over with my Renthals and stock stem........

400grl
11-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Hey Tina!!!

Yeah - that is on my Shee. To get an anti-vibe clamp to fit on a Shee, you have to have it at least that high. That is why I went with the mid-hi Pro-taper dirtbike bars......basically with this set up it feels very close to the stock height bars.

When I get my 450R, I am going to do the same thing - a taller stem with lower bars - it will even out to about the stock height - or a tad higher depending on the bar bend! I'm almost 5'10", so I need a little higher bars - especially since I stand alot.

QuadJunkies
11-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Hey Tina!!!

Yeah - that is on my Shee. To get an anti-vibe clamp to fit on a Shee, you have to have it at least that high. That is why I went with the mid-hi Pro-taper dirtbike bars......basically with this set up it feels very close to the stock height bars.

When I get my 450R, I am going to do the same thing - a taller stem with lower bars - it will even out to about the stock height - or a tad higher depending on the bar bend! I'm almost 5'10", so I need a little higher bars - especially since I stand alot. Yup, Im 5-10 as well I didnt notice how slumped over I was until I saw some pics one day on the MX and I couldnt believe how much a +1 made!!!!:)

RIDER11X
11-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yup, Im 5-10 as well I didnt notice how slumped over I was until I saw some pics one day on the MX and I couldnt believe how much a +1 made!!!!:)

Well I'm 6'2", and that is the reason I run the bar in the pic above. They are the tallest Pro Tapers available. I got to run a stock stem because it's too expensive replacing an aftermarket one 2-3 times a season.:eek: Yea, mine usually sees a fair amount of roll overs.:p
A cheaper route for tall riders is the Renthal 250R bend bars that are like 6" high. Great for tall riders!