PDA

View Full Version : At this years BAJA race....

Fred55
11-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Tim Farr will be racing the 450r as a part of TEAM HONDA!!

I cant wait to see how he does and the TRX does!

11-14-2003, 02:58 PM
It should be very interesting, as good as Farr is in MX, he's not as seasoned in the race that is Baja. Conversely, Doug Eichner and the Duncan boys are purported to be campagining a 450r of their own so it will make for a great race.

Don't forget the winners of last years 1000 and this years 500....they will be running Bomb DS650's, as well as TBR Products own DS 650 entry.
Should be a great Race!

Ryan
11-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Whats the date for the race?

coryatver
11-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Doug Gust is also being backed by suzuki in this race.

Merriman
11-14-2003, 08:15 PM
word around camp fire is my cousin Scott might be riding with Tim Farr on team Honda. Last week when I talked with him, he was making a deal with Honda to ride the baja :eek2: Nothing is finalized yet, but I'll talk to him again this week, and see where he actually stands.

VIC
11-14-2003, 08:29 PM
I was looking at the entries and saw this

BAJA CHALLENGE: 11
BC1 Jesse James

Does anyone know if it Jesse James from West Coast Choppers

toby400ex
11-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by VIC
I was looking at the entries and saw this

BAJA CHALLENGE: 11
BC1 Jesse James

Does anyone know if it Jesse James from West Coast Choppers Lol, that would be funny.

VIC
11-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Listed among the other entries are TV star and motorcycle builder Jesse James of Monster Garage fame, TV sportscasters Paul Page and Cameron Steele, as well as Chad McQueen, son of Hollywood actor and former Mexican 1000 racer Steve McQueen.

Yeah it is him, I wonder what he is running or what they can run in his class? It would be cool if something he built in monster garage.

Merriman
11-16-2003, 06:48 PM
This is what I have heard so far.......very excited!!

The 450R is starting in spot #7a, and #12a. for the ATV class # 25. The drivers of record are Danny Rudd, and John Gregory.

Team Honda is spot number 7a, and my cousin Scott Callen is starting the race......so I think this is pretty sweet that he'll be the first man to ever race the 450 :eek2: even before Tim Farr:macho . Doug Eichner is is starting the 12a bike.

They were out testing the bikes built for the 1000 friday, and yesterday, and they clocked my cousin Scott on radar at 96mph....and he wasn't 5th pinned.:eek: From what I was told is they are using mainly Honda parts in the motor with a full exhaust, and I'm not sure about the carb, but I'm confident they've changed it out. The suspension is completely aftermarket. Of course the gearing was changed too. I don't know any details, since it was a five minute phone call :rolleyes: Other than that My cousin said it's by far the fastest, and best handling bike he's ever rode......and he's rode many aftermarket Roll Design bikes, and anything else you can think of.

Only problem I see is my cousin is super hard on ATV's. I've seen him blow motors with in the first 5 miles of a race and completely fold bikes in half before the first pit stop.....this is why he's always started :p if it makes it past him, they have the best chance of winning.

Well That's all I've heard so far, but as I hear more I'll post GO SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigz-71
11-16-2003, 11:52 PM
thats sweet! 96 mph! damn thats fast! well i would like to see the bike run. tell me more when you find out. i am getting one of the Rs. i like to know more about it.

11-18-2003, 09:24 AM
I was at the shop today and they were putting the final touches on the big DS, it is built to the hilt so it will be very interesting to see how it compares to the 450r.
I've raced against Eichner and Gregory and needless to say they are very very fast.
BTW Alba Action Sports Greg Row and Wayne Matlock will be racing a YZF 450 so I suppose this will be the first comparison between the two as those guys are very fast as well.
I just wish I could go but I'm looking to get a new Toy Hauler this week. 38' Rampage 5th wheel! Yeah buddy!:macho

HondaATC500X
11-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if the race will be broadcast live/post anywheres? Specificly TV/Radio feed? I'd really like to be able to listen in or watch as it goes on.

VIC
11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Baja 1000 coverage (http://www.off-road.com/race/2003score/baja1000/realtime.html)

jja125
11-18-2003, 04:19 PM
found this on that webpage:

Now here's a fun one to look out for: In the Baja Challenge Class, the TV celebrity, Jesse James (race # BC 1) of Monster Garage and West Coast Chopper fame, is going to put it on the line. It'll be good to see him in the sport and it should net some great TV coverage. The inside word is that Jesse is a pretty good all-around rider/driver, and is said to be good people by those who know him. Welcome to the sport, Jesse. Make sure that you stick around!

Here's where the challenge starts. Jesse will be competing against Bekki Wik Freeman (#BC 10), who is arguably the fastest lady driver in the sport. She kicked butt in a 1-2/1600 and our bets are that she'll smoke Jesse.

HondaATC500X
11-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by VIC
Baja 1000 coverage (http://www.off-road.com/race/2003score/baja1000/realtime.html)

Thanks Vic, thats exactly what I was looking for!

VIC
11-21-2003, 01:13 AM
"Mr. Monster Garage" - Jesse James was on hand for his first Baja 1000. Watch for a "Trophy Truck" build on the Monster Garage, TV series. Jesse aims to play in the big leagues to include a run at the Paris to Dakar race in 2004.

http://www.off-road.com/race/2003score/baja1000/Yamaha_karts%20212.jpg