PDA

View Full Version : what to do about neighbor kid.

Moded86R
11-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Hey guys I guess I have a little bit of a problem.

Up until recently I haven't been riding everyday like I used to.It used to not be a big deal up until recently.I just bought a 400ex and I have been riding it everyday.The thing is my nieghbor has a blaster and everytime he hears my bike he jumps on his and comes right over.I never told him he could ride over here.He asked me to use my air compressor to air up his tire one time and I let him.Since then anytime I ride he comes right over.

It wouldn't really be a problem except of course if he gets hurt.I have a track on my property behind my house and if you don't know what your doing you could get hurt pretty easily.

What would you guys do?It is only going to get worse when I get an exhaust on my 400 and when I get my R going again.Then he will hear me all the time!

4wheelboy
11-13-2003, 07:34 PM
i would get his perents to sign a waiver or sumting that would relaease u from all responsiblitles;)

310Rduner
11-13-2003, 07:35 PM
I would draw up a sort of consent form on your computer, and take it to his parents to sign. Make it so that it is agreed that he can't be on your track without you out there, and without first your permission. Then I would add in the disclosures about it, and make sure his parent's understand you are not liable for any of his injury's. If they wouldn't agree to this, then try and make it clear he is not allowed on your track at anytime.

Guy400

buckNbanshee
kick his ***

kcalexan83
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
i would write up a paper sayin that u are not responsible for anything if he gets injured and make him sign it and his parents if he is young enough. I would make a copy for u to keep and a copy for him and his parents. I had to do that at my neighbors and we never had a problem.

416exmx
11-13-2003, 08:00 PM
if all else fails...sale the quads and bulldoze the track...:rolleyes:

well, dont do that...are you wanting to make him quit comming over, or make sure he dont get hurt and sue???

AtvMxRider
11-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
i would get his perents to sign a waiver or sumting that would relaease u from all responsiblitles;)

thats what i would do.

11-13-2003, 08:13 PM
stop riding and take your helmet off and be like, i think your really hot, and start staring at him, and be like i want to feel you

hell never come back

Quadfather
11-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Steal his Blaster.

11-13-2003, 08:18 PM
you could just hide everytime you see him, hell get the pt

Aceman
11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
I like Freerides idea. Yah, definitely go with that one. lol

Narly R
11-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
stop riding and take your helmet off and be like, i think your really hot, and start staring at him, and be like i want to feel you

hell never come back

Or if he does then you are screwed for life, lmao!:D

Just make him and his parents sign a waver, and if he is just an anoyying kick, tell him u cant have anybody else ride there, or if hes cool, just have him sign the thing. Be careful though...

11-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Or if he does then you are screwed for life, lmao!:D

Just make him and his parents sign a waver, and if he is just an anoyying kick, tell him u cant have anybody else ride there, or if hes cool, just have him sign the thing. Be careful though...

lol , go talk to his parents , explain to them you dont wanna offend there son but you would just prefer if he didnt ride on your property for safety reasons and etc

Moded86R
11-13-2003, 08:27 PM
I might do the waiver thing.We did that when I was little with go-carts.

What I have been doing is when he shows up.I either start riding on state property or I put my 4-wheeler up in my basement and quit riding.He doesn't ride over here when I am not riding.Only when I am.Which I am would be more than happy to have someone to ride with and let him ride over here.I just don't think it's worth losing everything over.

I wish this world wasn't so sue happy.This wouldn't be a problem.But his mom is a "shady character"I wouldn't put it past her at all.Niether would my mom.They have known each other for a long time.

It's to bad his sister don't ride.She ain't bad lookin.

AlaskaSpeed
11-13-2003, 08:28 PM
:eek2:

RoadkillerRyan
11-13-2003, 08:28 PM
just be like my dad said....
you cant ride here anymore
or tell him to make some jumps for you or leave

remlapr
11-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Don't hate on the kid - he just wants to ride. Do the waiver thing and make sure to get it notorized when his parents sign it.

Quadfather
11-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Really, what can it hurt. We all need more places to ride. I'm sure the kid gets a big kick out of riding with you. Make his parents sign a waiver, have it notorized, give them a copy, make sure you tell them that he is under no circumstances to be on the property while you are not there, but that does not mean that you are his new babysitter, and you will by no means be watching him every moment he is there. Also tell them that for the privelage of riding on your property, that he is to help with the upkeep of the track. Let him move a couple tons of dirt for a bit, maybe he'll quit showing up, if he keeps showing up and riding/working, he's probably a decent kid. Better that he's ridng, and not smokin dope and slashing your tires.

Woodsrider
11-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Be careful about the liability waver thing that can be a sticky deal. I would talk to a lawyer and make sure it would hold up in court. If he gets hurt on your property and claims on your homeowners insurance your ***d bud! Your insurance will drop you like a rock and you'll have helluva time finding new insurance.
A buddy of mine was letting someone drive his sand rail and the guy rolled it and broke his arm. Well the dudes wife filed a claim on the owners H/O insurance for the medical bills and lost wages, (the guy was a framer). Matts H/O insurance dropped him and notified the mortgage company. He had to provide proof that he sold the rail before he could get reinsured.

The unspoken rule there now is this... If you ride and wreck you better not get hurt. If you do get hurt you better not file, if you file, be prepared for an *** kickin like no other from every one in our riding party.

batgeek
11-13-2003, 08:40 PM
It's to bad his sister don't ride.She ain't bad lookin.

pics plz?

11-13-2003, 08:47 PM
basically no matter what you do the kid could still sue you....and get something out of it

TIGER72
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
race him straight up for pink slips...then sell his blaster on ebay...:devil:

Moded86R
11-13-2003, 10:08 PM
I doubt he would do that.His blaster has a vito's piston,FMF exhaust,boyesen reeds,And some other stuff.I don't know what all.But my 400 chews it up and spits it out.Either he don't know how to ride or his bike is just crazy slow.(My 300ex could kill it)

He seems like a good kid.I am not sure how old he is.Probably 12 or 13.He is pretty smart about qauds.Even though he put an exhaust on his blaster and didn't rejet.

I think I will just tell him I am sorry but he can't ride over here.We have lots of land that we are free to ride on.It's just to big of a risk riding letting him ride on my property.Even though my best freind does it.I know he wouldn't sue though.

I don't have any pics of his sister.She is really nice.But I don't think she would let me take any pics of her.

03400EX_Nacs
11-13-2003, 10:44 PM
yes definately get some sort of papers signed and if the kid is kool then make it seem casual but if you dont like him i wouldnt care just say dont ride until you get a paper signed i know my nieghbor has done it

VIC
11-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Tell him he can't ride unless his sisters there

hondarider2006
11-14-2003, 12:00 AM

hell never come back

hahahaha.....god if I was the kid I would scream and run....Than I would call the cops saying some guy tried to rape me or somthing. That would be a pretty funny thing to do, but if you decide to do it, have some one in the trees getting it on video...than post it on here so we can see what the kid does:devil:

crday98
11-14-2003, 06:36 AM
it sounds like you don't mind letting him ride there but it is becoming an annoyance because he shows up more often than you would like him too.as far as the legal stuff is concerned,i would definitely taker the proper measures to protect yourself from getting sued if he were to get hurt on your land.a simple waiver of a rights to sue if he suffered an injury or damage to his quad (and that your homeowners insurance will not cover any of the such) while riding there should work.as for him coming around,you could just talk to him,his parents or his sister and explain that you don't mind him riding there once in awhile but him being there all the time is preventing you from riding in the style in which you like to ride.be polite if you choose.at first the kid might be sad but i think once you invite him over after a few times of you riding without him he will see you are not being a d**k and it will work out in the end.

MOFO
11-14-2003, 07:02 AM
basically no matter what you do the kid could still sue you....and get something out of it

yep, waiver or no waiver, if he gets hurt, his parents can sue you anyways... trust me... signed waivers do not prevent you from being sued... there's ALWAYS a loop hole.

cody anderson
11-14-2003, 07:16 AM
I have a neighbor like that, I talked to his parents and they said that he wants to learn how to race... So I taught him everything I know and his parents paid me $40 an hour. Can you turn it into something like that?

hsr
11-14-2003, 08:36 AM

hell never come back

haha yeah if that doesn't keep him away than he has problems

Moded86R
11-14-2003, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cody anderson
I have a neighbor like that, I talked to his parents and they said that he wants to learn how to race... So I taught him everything I know and his parents paid me $40 an hour. Can you turn it into something like that? [/QUOTE

That is a good idea.I could buy some PEP ZPS's with all the money I would make.The kid doesn't really ride that fast at all.I was behind him the other night and he was going maybe 2nd gear 1/2 throttle.And he was trying to go fast.

If he continues to do this I suppose I will have a lawyer write up some kind of waiver.It can't be to expensive.And that way it would probably hold up in court a little better than something I wrote up would.

cody anderson
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
The kid that I was teaching had a bone stock blaster, I talked him into a pipe, some other stuff, a bunch of riding gear, you know the basics. I just started out easy. I think this is the way to go. Good luck!

D11NR
11-14-2003, 12:41 PM
I cant help but think of my son on this one---He loves to ride and talk 4 wheelers and would probably do the same thing. Im sure the kid doesnt mean to intrude all the time. He probably thinks that since your not saying anything its ok, let him and his parents know how you feel about it. Could be as simple as that.

CUZ'n
11-14-2003, 01:14 PM
thro a rock an hit him in dah head. dats wha we do ta git slappy away:o

Moded86R
11-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by D11NR
I cant help but think of my son on this one---He loves to ride and talk 4 wheelers and would probably do the same thing. Im sure the kid doesnt mean to intrude all the time. He probably thinks that since your not saying anything its ok, let him and his parents know how you feel about it. Could be as simple as that.

Yeah this kid definitly loves to ride.I don't mind him riding with me at all.We all know how boring it can get riding by yourself.Even though I still do it.Just because I love to ride.

I will probably mention something about it.Probably not tonight though.It's raining and I don't ride in the mud.Unless of course it's a race or something.

kcalexan83
11-14-2003, 02:21 PM
My neighbor made my bro and i wear all the proper gear whenever we rode on his property and we had a waiver signed and all. My parents were good friends with him so they were alright with us riding when they werent home but he was there. We borrowed his kids spare riding gear until we could afford our own.