PDA

View Full Version : Check the oil?

EXrider03
11-13-2003, 05:09 PM
I have a 400ex and I just changed the oil and I got it right now when I go back too check it, it isnt there. Can someone tell me the CORRECT way to check this thing?:uhoh:

hondafox440
11-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Run it for a minute or so to get the oil circulated. Then, remove the dipstick on the cooler and wipe it clean. Then dip it back in (dont screw it in), and see where the oil line is. If it is between the "LOWER" and "UPPER" marks, you're all set.

Bill Fuller
11-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Run it for a minute or so to get the oil circulated. Then, remove the dipstick on the cooler and wipe it clean. Then dip it back in (dont screw it in), and see where the oil line is. If it is between the "LOWER" and "UPPER" marks, you're all set. Yup!

hondafox440
11-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Actually the dipstick is on the oil tank, which is right under the oil cooler.

dariusld
11-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Run it for a minute or so to get the oil circulated. Then, remove the dipstick on the cooler and wipe it clean. Then dip it back in (dont screw it in), and see where the oil line is. If it is between the "LOWER" and "UPPER" marks, you're all set.
I thought after it warms up you have to let it sit for a couple minutes before you check it? At least thats what the owners manual says. Your getting an incorrect reading your way.