PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light Conversion 400EX

redcivic47
11-13-2003, 02:19 PM
I just finished instaling my mod for a brake light + regular crusing light that comes stock with the machine. I replaced the stock bulb, cut a hole in the housing, used a socket for 3157 (dual filiment) hooked up a banjo bolt and done! It was very easy, I will be writing a tech article as soon as I get pictures. If anyone has questions feel free to reply to this.

11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
cant wait to see how do do this in detail...i see a few kits on ebay going for some serious $$$. I need to fix my rear brakes firstthough. I cant figure out whats wrong with them. They dont work out at all & iv'e tried almost everything.

Woodsrider
11-14-2003, 07:17 AM
What did you used for a brake light switch? and did you set it up to come on from either the front or rear brakes? or just the rear.

redcivic47
11-14-2003, 09:55 AM
I used a banjo bolt that cost about 15 beans each, right now I only hooked up the back brake but the same could be done with the front one. (I purchased the second Banjo switch for the front but then later changed my mind.) I figure I might need to look invisible at night if im on the road a see a cop! And anyways I stop with both brakes anyways. Also the bolt on the handel bars would stick straight out which wasn't too appealing for my trail riding either.

Woodsrider
11-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I had a link to a brake light conversion that listed part numbers for doina a conversion using motorcycle switches and a GM p/n for the bulb socket that fit in the stock hole. I was going to [post it here but when I checked the kink this morning it was no longer a valid url. =/

redcivic47
11-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah I should have time this weekend to list all the parts, and specs needed to do the mod as well as take pictures and post them online. Any thing urgent let me know and I'll help out as best I can.

redcivic47
11-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Incase anyone is looking for this article, it has been written and I am waiting to attach the picutres and if approved, will be on the site in the tech articles section in the matter days.

Chanman420q
11-22-2003, 08:49 PM
whats the point of it..?

redcivic47
11-22-2003, 08:59 PM
So you dont get slammed from behind like it happened to me.