PDA

View Full Version : WB E-Series Pipe install, spacers?

Knips178
11-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Just got an eseries slip on for my 440ex from an ebayer and found that the pipe will hit the Brake light mounts if bolted on directly to the frame. Is there suppose to be spacers between the Pipe's mounting brackets and the frame? Then use longer bolts? Please help, can't wait to use this puppy!

hondarider2006
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
if I understand you correctly there is a spacer up at the top where it bolts to the sub-frame. Its about.....an 1 1/2" long, call up wb and see if you can order one.

remlapr
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
I have one, but I'm at work right now - but I believe there is suppose to be a spacer between the pipe and the main mount. Also - if you are running it on a 440 with a stock headpipe you may want to try it with 18 disk, you can order the extra disk from white bros for pretty cheap.

perry
11-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Mine had a billet spacer that replaces the rubber grommet on the frame near the airbox. It was 2 inches long and holds your pipe out parallel to your frame. My guess is that you are missing that piece. When you get it pull your rubber grommet out through the front, and slide the new one in. The instructions say to push it through the back, but the airbox is in the way.