PDA

View Full Version : stering clicking...popping between the lower front end and handle bars'

"BLAHH"300!!
02-11-2002, 12:12 AM
sometimes when i take my bars and puch down on the ends (right side left side right side left side.....)back and forth it maks this popping// clicking sound...what do you think that is...shoud i stop being lazy and go look..:D ..hopping one of you guys have went through this before....it's all stock..bars stering stem a-arms....i do remember hearing it before i started hitting biger jumps...but it didn't seems quite this loud or make it quite this often......??..need more info..??......

beerock
02-11-2002, 12:19 AM
what you need to do is take off the plastics and have some one turn it like you said and then try to pin point the location of the noise.:macho

How the heck are we suppose to know what sound your bike is making?:p

hope that helps :cool:

"BLAHH"300!!
02-11-2002, 01:17 AM
i just need to get off my cranium and go check it out.....my body's tired from ridin this weekend though......

phatswinn
02-11-2002, 07:25 PM
prolly ur bearing, ther like 10 bucks but check to see if its them or ur tie rods or tie rod ends or the lower shaft bushing

02-11-2002, 10:51 PM
oh man, thats bad. looks like yer just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy those extended a-arms you have been avoiding, and of course with that you'll HAVE to get new front shocks, and when you do that, you will HAVE to get a new rear shock (lest you be uneven), and since you have all that new suspension to move around, you'll probably just HAVE to get a new steering stem and stabilizer, probably one of them trick little wrist wresters from houser as well so the problem does not re-occur. Sorry I had to be the one to break it to you, but I think you'll recover just fine :D

MadcapEX
03-10-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey exciting 300,you always sit on your head?lol:rolleyes:

"BLAHH"300!!
03-10-2002, 04:23 PM
i got ...."CRANAL-ANAL-ITUS"....it's pretty rare. but common with your siblings,and/or that slow car infront of you on the high-way.
in lay-mans terms it just means i'm a butthead.....

and yeah it's the lower bearings....