the r looks sooooooooooooo much cooler when its flyin

Matt756
11-19-2003, 04:29 PM
theres got to be something beter on the yzf cause the yzf is more expensive

Guy400
11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Kory Ellis on a 450r. Looks fast!
http://********.com/images/ellistrx450txspd03.jpg fasser dan johhny cg's:confused:

coryatver
11-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Johnny G beat kory ellis when he raced xc so hes fasser

mick77765
12-06-2003, 04:59 AM
just 1 word - " Rippin' " :D

Out_Sider
12-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Matt756

the reason its more expensive is because electric start...that is the best way i can describe it..

toby400ex
12-06-2003, 02:43 PM
theres got to be something beter on the yzf cause the yzf is more expensive What made the raptor more than the 400ex, all it had was reverse over the 400, and I think they cost over $1000 more, even more than that now.

ATC83
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM

It's called and FCR carb, here's what Cory Ellis had to say about it in an article he wrote for ********.

“The YFZ's stock thumb throttle cable controls the high performance FCR carb,(as opposed to the vacuum type carb that comes stock on the Honda TRX450R, which uses a slower intake vacuum to control the slide position. Comparatively, this gives Yamaha's FCR carb a much faster throttle response rate).”

Wingnut
12-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by ATC83
It's called and FCR carb, here's what Cory Ellis had to say about it in an article he wrote for ********.

“The YFZ's stock thumb throttle cable controls the high performance FCR carb,(as opposed to the vacuum type carb that comes stock on the Honda TRX450R, which uses a slower intake vacuum to control the slide position. Comparatively, this gives Yamaha's FCR carb a much faster throttle response rate).”

Wow, the YFZ has such superior equipment according to Kory, yet Kory still said "In stock vs. stock form, I would have to say that the Honda runs a little better."

Sounds like he doesn't know what to think.

lukester720
12-06-2003, 07:21 PM
He will get over it he is just mad that they flew him to texas to test ride the R and he got his hopes up and then honda didn't add him to their factory backed rider list so after a little time with no calls from honda he decides to talk up the yfz with hopes that yamaha will pick him up that's all. By the way I am not saying that the yfz is a bad bike I like them I ride my friends when I go to his house all the time.

trueblue450
12-06-2003, 08:14 PM
im with him ^^^^^

kory just doesnt want to loose any factory sponserships by bad talking any quad.. Im sure the z400 stock runs pretty strong with the yfz and 450r :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Honda Jay
12-06-2003, 09:22 PM
i think the honda will have a little bit more bottom end and pull even up top. but they will be neck and neck and it will just come down to the rider, oh yeah 2 days

eddings
12-06-2003, 10:13 PM
You will have to wait longer than two days. Try another month Honda pushed the release date back about a month.

And your right the yfz is more expensive it has
e-start
more suspension travel
fcr carb
higher rev limit
high performance cams from the factory you don't have to buy a new one.
titanium valves
more top end power
and still weighs 350lbs.
could run e-start and kick starter for additional $200
and according to Kory Ellis on ATV scene is the best quad he has ever ridden.

Now I am not bashing the 450r I think it will be an awsome quad, just like the YFZ, but the YFZ should cost more. IMO

12-07-2003, 12:55 AM
kory ellis is a idiot i wish he would shut the hell up, he doesnt even know what hes talking about if someone gave him a blaster to ride hed claim it was awesome, he should not be a test rider

r450rr
12-07-2003, 02:48 AM
yea all that u named doesnt reall matter performance wise..

and it sounds as if u was bashing honda...why say that on a honda forum...(I DONT GET IT)
u should expect remarks like mine so dont get mad..

the fact is the 450r is 400 dollars less..
the suspension in like one inch more of travel on the yfz,, but the shocks themselves are longer on the r,,,,, which means it will handle better,, plus there showa....iv herd the fcr carb doesnt matter that much... and even if it does the r's carb is bigger so that should equal out somehow..plus there alot less matinence and easier to work with...and how do u know that it has a higher rev limit i want to see the facts in writing by some site stating that it has a higher rev limit,,, i know they say the stroke is longer on the r and thats why the yfz's is higher,,, but prolly not enough to make a da%n difference and if u wanna get picky the r's bore is bigger plus go look at the two dirtbikes comparision,,, there the same as between the r and the yfz...titanium valves make no difference plus iv herd there not as reliable an brittle.... more top end says who i wanna know where everyone gets these facts like they have raced them side by side and been there.... an yamaha lies about there weight i will guarantee that that bike weighs more than 350... actually i think they advertised it for more than 350 when it came out..and the e start isnt so convient especially when true performance atv's have kick anyways..(plus kick is more reliable) ,, an honda assures that it wont be a hassle to start... no honda is..)

well lets be even more picky,,, the honda has about 11 more cc's engine wise... the truth is it will be as good or better than the yfz.. and still 400 less,,, plus for 300 u get the hrc kit an still u will come out paying less than the yfz.... so dont come on honda sites and state how much better the yfz is and why it costs more.,.... noone really cares... they will prolly be the same anyway.. an u know it.. so lets quit nit picking at every little detail ,,, wait til the honda actually comes out and then lets the arguments begin....

ROGERS
12-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by r450rr

and it sounds as if u was bashing honda...why say that on a honda forum...(I DONT GET IT)

the suspension in like one inch more of travel on the yfz,, but the shocks themselves are longer on the r,,,,, which means it will handle better,, plus there showa....iv herd the fcr carb doesnt matter that much... and even if it does the r's carb is bigger so that should equal out somehow..plus there alot less matinence and easier to work with...and how do u know that it has a higher rev limit i want to see the facts in writing by some site stating that it has a higher rev limit,,, i know they say the stroke is longer on the r and thats why the yfz's is higher,,, but prolly not enough to make a da%n difference and if u wanna get picky the r's bore is bigger plus go look at the two dirtbikes comparision,,, there the same as between the r and the yfz...titanium valves make no difference plus iv herd there not as reliable an brittle.... more top end says who i wanna know where everyone gets these facts like they have raced them side by side and been there.... an yamaha lies about there weight i will guarantee that that bike weighs more than 350... actually i think they advertised it for more than 350 when it came out..and the e start isnt so convient especially when true performance atv's have kick anyways..(plus kick is more reliable) ,, an honda assures that it wont be a hassle to start... no honda is..)

well lets be even more picky,,, the honda has about 11 more cc's engine wise... the truth is it will be as good or better than the yfz.. and still 400 less,,, plus for 300 u get the hrc kit an still u will come out paying less than the yfz.... so dont come on honda sites and state how much better the yfz is and why it costs more.,.... noone really cares... they will prolly be the same anyway.. an u know it.. so lets quit nit picking at every little detail ,,, wait til the honda actually comes out and then lets the arguments begin....

Eddings is probably right about a few things. First of all, the FCR and E-start are likely the reason for the added few hundred dollars.
However, 450RR, you aren't making much of a case in your arguement.
-You are right about the longer shocks, and the higher quality.
-The carb does matter more than you think, why do you think people with 400's switch from the roundslide to the FCR39? Fact is it is a better carb and when properly tuned it gives more power and deffinitely more top end pull.
-Yes the difference in stroke length can make a lot of difference in redline numbers
-titanium valves cost more, FACT.
-Eddings is stating the observations of someone who has ridden both bikes and knows what they are talking about when he stated the YFZ has more topend pull.
-Yamaha DID say 350# when it first came out.
-You are most likely right about the honda being easier to kick start
-Finally in my opinion, if you are paying 300 bucks for the HRC kit, you are not well informed. Give me $300 and I will take your airbox lid off, put in a $120 cam, and pop out the spark arrestor on your can, then jet it for 15 bucks and spend the rest on beer.

-Josh

AlaskaSpeed
12-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by RoadkillerRyan
like it more then you yfz450?

:huh

AlaskaSpeed
12-07-2003, 08:30 AM

blah, blah, blah, blah.....you type a lot, while saying very little of substance. I bet you do well in school when it's time to write essays........:rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
12-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Buy the tests all the riders say they are really close and think about it the 450r does not have a FCR or as much compression so that means a decked out 450r would most likely be faster the a decked out YFZ

The arguement can go both ways;)

eddings
12-07-2003, 06:16 PM

r450rr,
all I did was state the facts about why the YFZ costs more so if it ticks you off I'm sorry. Atleast the average joe has the option of e-start and if you don't want it take it off.

I was only stating facts from someone who has ridden both he is a pro and was flown to Whitney for the first test rides of the press and the pro's. He said the honda had a little more bottom end, but the YFZ has more power up top.

Also a fact the FCR carb gives you better throttle response which is something you don't get with your carb no matter how much bigger it is.

As far as shocks go a smaller shock will only make it fade sooner because it will have to work harder. This does not affect performance until it fades.

I don't know how easy the r is to work on but the YFZ is a well thought out quad and is very very easy to work on especially when compared to the raptor.

Titanium valves are not brittle and will last longer than regular valves plus they are lighter and will alow it to rev out quicker.

Like I said before you don't have to buy a HRC kit for the yami it already has high performance cams in it. Take the air box lid off and remove spark aresstor , and with jetting changes you will be kicking some but at the drags.

E-start alone would cost the extra $400, so if you want it by the yamaha, because the honda doesn't offer it.

If you dont want it take it off and sell it or buy the 450r which is going to be every bit as good as the yamaha and maybe better who knows.

All I am trying to do is set ignorant people like you straight about the facts.

r450rr
12-07-2003, 07:59 PM
lololololololoololololol set ignoreant people like me straight,,,, the funny thing is u have 9 posts... and two of them has been about how much better the yamaha is than the r that isnt even out yet,,,

lol go to bluetraxx and make statements about the yfz...

i will admit it is a good quad and prolly fun to ride,,, it looks good as well.. but the thing is i bet it is not 400 dollars better of a quad than the 450r will be and thats all u talk about is how is it so much more money and is so much better cause it costs more..

yea i do do good on written tests actually...

throw some more facts at me

i thought the carb on the yami was,,,,38mm

but i guess i was missinformed again..lol:macho

r450rr
12-07-2003, 08:08 PM
u wanna why the yami costs more..

ALL YAMAHAS COST MORE THAN HONDA"S THEY ARE ALWAYS MORE MONEY>.... END OF DISCUSION ABOUT THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING SO MUCH BETTER THATS WHY IT COSTS MORE

THERE ALWAYS GONNA BE LIKE THAT

Out_Sider
12-07-2003, 08:21 PM
dude, doesnt the 450r have titainum valves also??

norcalatver
12-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Just curious?? I've never been to a Yamaha web site, but for those of you who have, are there as many Honda owners on Yamaha's site as there are Yamaha owners on a Honda web site? Just curious :confused: :confused:

EX 80
12-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Me! I am on both honda and yamaha sites. I won't get into all this,... honda will destroy everything at the track...yamaha's are unreliable junk...the new honda is ugly.. Blah its a not even worth arguing about. I own both honda and yamaha.

It doesn't matter which you have TRX450 or YFZ450. It all comes down to rider ability and how much you take care of it, as far as reliabilty goes.

:macho

Honda Jay
12-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
dude, doesnt the 450r have titainum valves also??

No i think that only the exhaust valves are tit, or the other way around?! But only two.

Oh, and i think the new R is BEAUTYFUL:devil:

eddings
12-07-2003, 10:02 PM
u wanna why the yami costs more..

ALL YAMAHAS COST MORE THAN HONDA"S THEY ARE ALWAYS MORE MONEY>.... END OF DISCUSION ABOUT THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING SO MUCH BETTER THATS WHY IT COSTS MORE

THERE ALWAYS GONNA BE LIKE THAT

Yamaha's are expensive, but look at the blaster big bang for the buck. Especially for smaller riders.

I only posted in here because someone was baggin on the YFZ for costing more. So I explained why it cost more. Plain and simple.

I never said anything about the 450r being a sorry quad. If you will actually read my entire post I said that it might be better than the YFZ, but like someone mentioned before me it might be a few years before we know for sure.

Just like with the dirt bikes honda dishes out the big bucks for the best riders so their bikes will usually end up on top. The best riders will almost always win reguardles of the equipment.

Any of those pros could take me on a blaster.

I get on this forum because I am interested in learning as much as I can about my opponents quads. One of my best friends is getting a new 450r and I want to know all about it.

I don't get on here to insult you or the 450r, but I will defend the YFZ against misinformation that you were dishing out.

give yamaha credit for not folding to the special interest groups in the 80's

r450rr
12-08-2003, 01:37 AM
ok i thought u was just straight up dissin the r....i went a read back in the earlier posts,, someone said that the yamaha is more and that it has to be better because it costs more and u named off all those specs and it kinda upset me that people was talking about the yamaha more than the honda on the hondas website... i admit i was wrong for being so opinionated.. sorry about that.. i will say this i think that we will see both quads in competition for a long time.. an i just hope that there will be plenty affordable mods for the r...

i love the way the r looks ....i thinks its different and daring for honda to release something that different looking,,, put it as ur background and u will fall in love with it more an more everyday,,, or atleast thats what happened with me..i didnt like it that much when i first saw it, but it grew on me.:blah:

TGW_400ex
12-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by eddings
Yamaha's are expensive, but look at the blaster big bang for the buck. Especially for smaller riders.

I only posted in here because someone was baggin on the YFZ for costing more. So I explained why it cost more. Plain and simple.

I never said anything about the 450r being a sorry quad. If you will actually read my entire post I said that it might be better than the YFZ, but like someone mentioned before me it might be a few years before we know for sure.

Just like with the dirt bikes honda dishes out the big bucks for the best riders so their bikes will usually end up on top. The best riders will almost always win reguardles of the equipment.

Any of those pros could take me on a blaster.

I get on this forum because I am interested in learning as much as I can about my opponents quads. One of my best friends is getting a new 450r and I want to know all about it.

I don't get on here to insult you or the 450r, but I will defend the YFZ against misinformation that you were dishing out.

give yamaha credit for not folding to the special interest groups in the 80's

Suzuki signed a quad rider too! Just because Yamaha is too lazy to sign riders doesnt mean honda shouldn't

lukester720
12-08-2003, 04:26 AM
I think jerimiah jones or kory ellis would be another good addition to honda and tim farr

eddings
12-08-2003, 06:52 AM
Your right honda is kicking yamaha butt by spending the money for the top riders. I wish yamaha would step up and do the same. I was just trying to point out if yamaha had carmichael and windham then the yamaha bikes would win more often. The bikes are so cloes in performance that it is the rider that makes the difference. At least at the pro level it does. At my level a good quad can make me a more confident rider and therefore faster on the track.

Hammer trx450r
12-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Then why didn't suzuki win with jeromy mcgrath

eddings
12-08-2003, 02:08 PM
So Kawasaki 125's are better than honda's

seatec
12-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Man, both honda and Yami guys should sit back and really carefully read every post. It's so funny how most people are saying the same damn thing. GOOD TIMES!!!:D

jb500ex
12-09-2003, 03:54 PM
yamaha did have windham.

jb500ex
12-09-2003, 03:54 PM
and yes kawi's 125's are better than hondas.

eddings
12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
I learn something new every day