PDA

View Full Version : A question for Pappy

seven
11-12-2003, 03:37 PM
I just had my frame powder coated pepsi blue. I am going to clear coat it also with metal flake in the clear coat. My question is what kind of clear coat do I use for powder coat. I know on regular paint you have to use a fast dry clear coat with a fast dry paint or the other way around. Does it matter what clear coat you use on powder coat??

monkeyboy
11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
yess it madders :cool:

Pappy
11-12-2003, 04:13 PM
i doubt any clear will stick for long on the powdercoat you have already done. it will be as fragile as paint.

i use powdercoat clear and its applied at a point during curing of the color coat....i dont use automotive clear or spray can clear.

seven
11-12-2003, 04:33 PM
I have auto clear coat and a gravity feed air gun. I just wanted to add the metal flake look, Like a bass boat but not as severe. I am not worried about it chipping only the clear coat wrinkling the powder coat or doing some kind of other damage to it.

seven
11-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Also, How close is the pepsi blue to a yz blue? I am trying to get the same color as a blue raptor frame and that was as close as they had. I havent seen the color, My friend dropped off the frame and got the color. Everything else is near chrome. Motor mounts and foot pegs.