PDA

View Full Version : WORCS updated '04 schedule

AndreS
11-12-2003, 02:54 PM
WORCS has just updated the 2004 race schedule... round one moved to Mesquite, NV & added a new location: Payette, Idaho.

1- Jan 16-18 Mesquite, NV region 1&2
2- Feb 20-22 Austin, Tx region 2
3- March 12-14 Lake Havasu, Az region 1&2
4- March 26-28 Goldendale, Wa region 1
5- April 16-18 Price, Ut region 1&2
6- April 30-May 2 Ignacio, Co region 2
7- May 21-23 Milford, Ca region 1
8- June 11-13 Washougal, Wa region 1
9- Sept. 3-5 Monticello,Ut region 1&2
10- Sept 17-19 Payette, Id region 1&2
11- Oct 15-17 Devore, Ca region 1
12- Oct 29-31 Decatur, Tx region 2
13- Nov 19-21 Stillwater, Ok region 2

for amatures, make 7 rounds & you qualify for regional championship, 9 rounds & you qualify for national. pros get to go to all 13.

i plan to be at rounds 4, 7, 8, & 10 .... hopefully more, if i can afford to.

QuadJunkies
11-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by AndreS
WORCS has just updated the 2004 race schedule... round one moved to Mesquite, NV & added a new location: Payette, Idaho.

for amatures, make 7 rounds & you qualify for regional championship, 9 rounds & you qualify for national. pros get to go to all 13.

i plan to be at rounds 4, 7, 8, & 10 .... hopefully more, if i can afford to. Payette Idaho! Youve got to be chittin me!!!!:eek: Thats my home town!!!!! I live 45 minutes from there !!!! YYYEEEEEEEEE HHHAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!! Ive rode that track and posted pics of it here before!!!!!

QuadJunkies
11-13-2003, 12:53 AM

i plan to be at rounds 4, 7, 8, & 10 .... hopefully more, if i can afford to. Ill DEF be at 10, and maybe 7.8

400exmom
11-13-2003, 04:40 AM
but ive ran 2 worc series races in morrison il. and i heard a rumer last year that morrison is gettin outa the series?? i didnt see il. on the schedule and i swear the series ran alota east coast last year could someone straighten me out on this- is there a east and west coast series???

QuadJunkies
11-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
but ive ran 2 worc series races in morrison il. and i heard a rumer last year that morrison is gettin outa the series?? i didnt see il. on the schedule and i swear the series ran alota east coast last year could someone straighten me out on this- is there a east and west coast series??? Yup, they do have a West and east Coast series...;)

400exmom
11-13-2003, 11:27 AM
thanx tina

AndreS
11-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
but ive ran 2 worc series races in morrison il. and i heard a rumer last year that morrison is gettin outa the series?? i didnt see il. on the schedule and i swear the series ran alota east coast last year could someone straighten me out on this- is there a east and west coast series???

i noticed that none of the races on the list go very far east as well. i'm not sure about this, but i think it's to keep it from competeing with the GNCC... region 1 is more west coast, region 2 is more southwest. the farthest east it goes is two races in texas and one in colorado. or maybe i'm looking at the wrong site... :confused:

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 12:59 AM
heres some ofthe new track that the WORCs will be at in PAyette Idaho. We roder this last month, They are now putting in some jumps ect.....:blah: http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/216/DSC03477.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 01:00 AM
:D http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/216/DSC03479.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 01:01 AM
there ia also miles of trails above the sand hill......http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/216/DSC03474.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 01:02 AM
http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/216/DSC03509.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 01:04 AM
:eek2: who says girls cant climb hills.......:D http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/216/DSC03510.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 01:05 AM
I have more of the track ,but I dont have them on hand right now..http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/216/DSC03488.jpg

AndreS
11-14-2003, 01:23 AM
looks like some hard core hills there! it also looks very wide open... like goldendale. is there any tight & technical sections? nasty rocky stuff? muddy? water crossings? how long of a loop is it?
the track at goldendale is very open as well, it has some narrow sections but nothing i'd consider tight. when it's wet it is very muddy, the clay sticks like glue... they were watering some sections when i rode it about 6 weeks ago... to the point that they were mud pits... other sections were dry & dusty. loop is 6.25 miles

dirtmomma
11-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Hmmmm thats something to think about!! Might have to stick the boy out on my 300 for one of them races:blah: :devil: Is there age requirements for cc's does anyone know?? He's 14 will be 14 in May, riding a 300ex or 400ex ya just never know!! I would really like to get him to some big races maybe someone will notice him cuz the kid CAN ride. I doubt I would race them cuz I know I DONT' have the stamina unless of course I quit smoking & started working out now LMAO!!!!:rolleyes:

airheadedduner
11-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Is washougal gonna be more of an mx or xc style of track?? I may have to try and make that one.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 02:03 PM
looks like some hard core hills there! it also looks very wide open... like goldendale. is there any tight & technical sections? nasty rocky stuff? muddy? water crossings? how long of a loop is it?
the track at goldendale is very open as well, it has some narrow sections but nothing i'd consider tight. when it's wet it is very muddy, the clay sticks like glue... they were watering some sections when i rode it about 6 weeks ago... to the point that they were mud pits... other sections were dry & dusty. loop is 6.25 miles Most of those hills were 5th gear to get up with my 400ex!:eek: Excpet the one I am pictured in ,its a little more timid than the others. Hm ,well the trails are a bit like the ones at Milford I guess.. Did you go to it this year in Cali? The trails are very small and if Im correct, its about a seven mile radious in total. I dont know if Robin has much up on the track yet, but Ill post the link for you to check it out. She Did tell me yesterday that Payette(Clay Peak) is contracted for 2004 and 2005!!:macho http://www.whiteknuckleracing.org/ this track will eventually have full sprinklers in the spring . ITs a natual Terrian Track,its pretty cool, I just cant wait until they add some bumps and jumps and rolly stuff!:blah:

AndreS
11-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Dirtmomma- i believe all ATV riders have to be 16, the rules are at www.worcsracing.com nerfs are not required but i think a tether kill switch is.

airheadedduner- washougal is very woodsy, they do use the MX track... but it is a very 'natural' terrain track... the whoops are big:eek2:, but no huge sky shooter jumps for the most part, but there are opportunities to jump....

quadjunkies- i didn't go to milford but i watched at washougal(couldn't afford it & had no quad). i've been racing in some local stuff lately.

dirtmomma
11-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Hey Andre, thanks I'll have to check out the rules thats a bummer if so, don't they have kids classes?? sooo I see it says your racing locally, where at??

AndreS
11-15-2003, 03:18 AM
i'm racing the fall MX series at OPMC in Port Angeles... last race is on the 23rd. i run open class, currently tied for 4th in points.

dirtmomma
11-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Dirtmomma- i believe all ATV riders have to be 16, the rules are at www.worcsracing.com nerfs are not required but i think a tether kill switch is.

airheadedduner- washougal is very woodsy, they do use the MX track... but it is a very 'natural' terrain track... the whoops are big:eek2:, but no huge sky shooter jumps for the most part, but there are opportunities to jump....

quadjunkies- i didn't go to milford but i watched at washougal(couldn't afford it & had no quad). i've been racing in some local stuff lately.

Man thats sucks you have to be 16:( :( guess he'll have to wait till he's 16....2.5 yrs:huh he'll really be a good rider by then LOL:devil:

AndreS
11-19-2003, 01:48 PM
dirtmomma... you have a PM

foxracingpredat
11-19-2003, 02:24 PM
the new schedule sucks!!!:grr: last year WORCS had like 5 races in the midwest(our only XC nationals) and now they moved them all out west.wat bull****

79400ex
11-19-2003, 08:15 PM
fox racing ,pred. the reason for no mid west races is that the person who promoted the east series had a falling out with the worcs series.

QuadJunkies
11-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
fox racing ,pred. the reason for no mid west races is that the person who promoted the east series had a falling out with the worcs series. WOW..:eek2: I dint know that. I was surprised to see so much out west and not in the mid:confused:

foxracingpredat
11-20-2003, 01:56 PM
wat did the guy do

79400ex
11-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by foxracingpredat
wat did the guy do

he stole a bunch of money from the kahoka round land owner . This land owner is a friend of mine. the east coast promotor was late in running sevarl classes on sat. round.

wilkin250r
11-24-2003, 03:12 PM
I can go watch #7, but I don't think I'm quite up to racing. I'd like to hit a local circuit first, just to get some experience under my belt. Problem is, our local circuit just went under this last year...

foxracingpredat
11-24-2003, 09:51 PM
hey wilkin250r, i dont know what kind of rider you are but i think you should go out and race round 7 because the Worcs arent much differnt from your local rcaes. maybe a few more riders and a few more tough obstacles but i htink you could do it. i rcaed some Worcs rcaes last year and they werent much differnt from the local d16 hare scrambles.

AndreS
11-25-2003, 02:09 AM
the 'official' schedule is now posted, Washougal has been dropped, and Longview, WA now takes its place. its only a few miles north of washougal. i've never been to this track... can't say good or bad about it.

Natertot426ex
11-25-2003, 07:12 AM
Man that sucks. I loved the Washougal track. Oh well. I also see they posted all the final results for this years rounds. I turned an over 5th finish in the west series. Also made the top 15 in the west series. Pretty good for my first year eh?

dirtmomma
11-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Man that sucks. I loved the Washougal track. Oh well. I also see they posted all the final results for this years rounds. I turned an over 5th finish in the west series. Also made the top 15 in the west series. Pretty good for my first year eh?

Good job Nate!! Sounds like ya did pretty good this year.

Natertot426ex
11-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Good job Nate!! Sounds like ya did pretty good this year.

THANKS! I wish I could do the who season next year but I am getting married on Jan 3rd and all my funds will be taken up for the year. I will make a few of them though that are somewhat close to me. The 06 race season I should be able to do the whole season because the Mrs will be out of school and working as a nurse. I guess we will see what happens.

QuadJunkies
11-25-2003, 10:48 AM
I cant believe they dropped Washugal!!:eek: That bites........NAte you done AWESOME!:cool: Now you know we all have to race in Payette at Clay Peak track:D We all need to plan a day of riding over there in the early spring or something....

wilkin250r
11-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by foxracingpredat
hey wilkin250r, i dont know what kind of rider you are but i think you should go out and race round 7 because the Worcs arent much differnt from your local rcaes. maybe a few more riders and a few more tough obstacles but i htink you could do it. i rcaed some Worcs rcaes last year and they werent much differnt from the local d16 hare scrambles.

You think so? I'm a decent rider, I suppose, but I've NEVER raced, not once. I don't think I want to lose my virginity to a national event, I'd be in over my head.

Natertot426ex
11-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
You think so? I'm a decent rider, I suppose, but I've NEVER raced, not once. I don't think I want to lose my virginity to a national event, I'd be in over my head.

I think you can do it as well. This last year was my first time really racing. I placed pretty good for a first year racer. Just give it a try.:D

QuadJunkies
11-25-2003, 11:46 PM
I think you can do it as well. This last year was my first time really racing. I placed pretty good for a first year racer. Just give it a try.:D I agree with Nate.You should go out and try it! You will be glad you did.......;)

AndreS
11-27-2003, 11:11 PM
I think you can do it as well. This last year was my first time really racing. I placed pretty good for a first year racer. Just give it a try.:D

i agree with them too, you have plenty of time to get ready by round 7.... there are a few local races between now & then too if you want to try a local one first. give it a shot!

AndreS
12-09-2003, 10:57 PM
pre-registration is now open for round one, details & form on the WORCS site.

QuadJunkies
12-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey Nate, I just got a letter from WhiteKnuckleracing(owner of the clay Peak Track for WORC in Payette) they are closing down the track until spring:grr: looks like no practice on it until then:confused: We have been debating on a set of tires for theat terrain. I should post some pics and get some imput for you all.This terrain is VERY sandy. and I mean DEEP stuff, but the trails are talk powder,dessert like and clay . This track will make or break ya on the tire situation........

LazeR
12-10-2003, 12:20 AM
How much does it cost to race in WORCS? what needs to be done? What riding equipment is needed? and if anything what needs to be done to your quad?

Natertot426ex
12-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
How much does it cost to race in WORCS? what needs to be done? What riding equipment is needed? and if anything what needs to be done to your quad?

I know last year was $50 to race if you weren't pro. Pro's were $100. You really don't need to do a lot to you machine. Nerf bars are good and I like to have a kill switch. The rules say you need one but they never check. Just show up to one of the races and see what classes they have or go to the website and see the classes. Sign up for one and go race. It is a blast!!

Natertot426ex
12-10-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Hey Nate, I just got a letter from WhiteKnuckleracing(owner of the clay Peak Track for WORC in Payette) they are closing down the track until spring:grr: looks like no practice on it until then:confused: We have been debating on a set of tires for theat terrain. I should post some pics and get some imput for you all.This terrain is VERY sandy. and I mean DEEP stuff, but the trails are talk powder,dessert like and clay . This track will make or break ya on the tire situation........

Man that sucks. I wanted to go ride it before then. I want to be able to ride the track a few times before the worcs race. Which I am sure I will!!

LazeR
12-10-2003, 01:40 PM
I know last year was $50 to race if you weren't pro. Pro's were $100. You really don't need to do a lot to you machine. Nerf bars are good and I like to have a kill switch. The rules say you need one but they never check. Just show up to one of the races and see what classes they have or go to the website and see the classes. Sign up for one and go race. It is a blast!!

thanx! I think im gonna try to make the 2 washington races...and hopefully race some at salem! I wanna get into racing....but prolly gonna have to start off slow considering i have never raced before and only rode a MX track once....and it was only a homemade one! but it was so fun!!!! btw what kind of kill switch would you recommend? ive heard good about some and bad about some and cant remember any of the names! thanx again!

Natertot426ex
12-10-2003, 02:01 PM
I have a pro design. They are about $35 from www.rockymountainatv.com

LazeR
12-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Alrighty, im gonna look into it! Also gotta see if my parents will let me race the washington races...im sure they will though :D

AndreS
12-10-2003, 02:46 PM
race fee this year is $50 too, if you pre-register a second class is $40 (you can run both days, saturday & sunday, if you are B class or better)
other costs to factor:
WORCS membership is $30/year or a day pass(no points) is $10... but you must have one of the two in order to race...
gate fee varies between $5-$10 per day at most tracks

LazeR- i'm not sure where you are in oregon, but Milford, Ca isn't that far, niether is Payette, ID...

LazeR
12-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Payette is 535 miles and cant remember how far Milford is....After my first race if i like it.....i might try to hit some of the ones that are farther away!