PDA

View Full Version : what chain.....

"BLAHH"300!!
02-10-2002, 09:37 PM
i had no idea there were so many differant sizes and kinds of chains out there.....i lost my master link to my chain today on a ride....so i'm lookin for a new one and a masterlink for the old one as a spare....what kind of chain do i need and what size do i need..how many links..o-ring or non-o-ring...and whats the differance.....i'm prolly ganna get some new sprokett's also...i had a moose 38t and it wore out pretty quick....i'm runnin the stock (i think it's a 38t) now....it's in better shape....should i go ahead and stick with the 38t rear and 14t front.....i was thinking about getting a 13t 14t and 15t sproketts that way i could swap em' up and see what i like for what terrain i'm ridin'..if i don't like the 15t i can seel it to a guy i ride with..400ex....should i look into a 37t rear while comparing....help me out.....what prices am i lookin at for this....

02-11-2002, 02:38 PM
I don't know how many links you will need for your 300ex....but I would recommend an O-ring or X-ring style 520 chain. I would think that a 520 (o-ring) master link (of any manufacturer) would work ok for your current chain.

Good luck!

JGofNJ
02-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Stock length for the 300ex is 86 links. You bumped the front sproket up a tooth right? So I would just buy an 88 link length chain. I use the DID ATV X-rings on my machines 400ex and Raptor and have had no problems.

Good luck,

"BLAHH"300!!
02-12-2002, 12:04 PM
right on the money.....i took the other half of my master with me. and on the way i was writen on the side..520v or something like that....

"BLAHH"300!!
02-12-2002, 12:05 PM
right on the money.....i took the other half of my master with me. and on the way i was writen on the side..520v or something like that....he gave me an o-ring chain master link but i don't have o-rings on the chain on my bike....i just slid em' on there anyway..can't hurt anything...