PDA

View Full Version : Generator Wanted!!!

Santo DeRisi
11-11-2003, 10:59 PM
I am looking for a Gnenerator for a Enclosed trailer with living quarters! I think i need something with at least 4500 watts or so.

Phone 704-538-3512
email: santo@derisiracing.com

quadcustoms
11-12-2003, 04:51 PM
PAWN SHOPS
THEY BUY THEM CHEAP,AND DONT LIKE THEM TAKING UP THE FLOOR SPACE.
I BOUGHT LAST ONE THERE PRETTY CHEAP OVER LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT IT RETAILED FOR.
THANKS DAVID

Santo DeRisi
11-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks i will check into that!!!

skippy1999
11-12-2003, 09:40 PM
sams club has a nice one for $468.00 for 5000 operating watts.. coleman w 10 hp

Santo DeRisi
11-13-2003, 07:09 AM
i wonder how loud that one is from Sams?
I would like to get a quiet one but i bet it is going to be hard to find at a good price.

skippy1999
11-13-2003, 08:12 AM
yeah, its kinda loud.. i looked into a honda powdered dewalt one, and my friend who works at black and decker was able to get a 11hp honda for $1000.00, but i didnt thk it was worth the difference in price, its up to you.. i bought the one from sam's and it works fine!

dirtmomma
11-13-2003, 08:33 AM
The best way to go is buy a HOnda one, they cost more but man you can't even hear them run!!! My nephew just got one for his toy hauler, I think it's aobut 4500 -5000 & you really can't hear it run!! We have a 5500 one but man is that thing noisy we can run a few motorhomes off of it but god forbid you would want to try & talk w/ it running LOL we always throw it in the bushes. We also bought a small 1800 w one that had been refurbished for $300 but it's having problems now:( but it's a Coleman & it's pretty quiet for a small one but not as quiet as a HONDA!! Try Northern Equipement they have some good deals & have a ton of them all sizes & brands. Hope this helps good luck!!:cool:

AtvMxRider
11-13-2003, 01:48 PM
The northern geneartors are pretty quiet.

quadcustoms
11-13-2003, 07:24 PM
if you go to nationals,you might need the loudest on the market.the couple i went to this year .i think the guy beside had a full exhaust on his shook my trailer all night,then later in the weekend found out he was only keeping his fridge cool while he stayed at a hotel:mad:

anyhow honda,is the quitest i have heard
but again is a little pricey

Quadfather
11-13-2003, 08:50 PM
I recently bought a Honda 2000 watt generator. It is unbelievably quiet. I use it on my 26' camper. I can run the fridge, 19' TV, DVD player, all the lights, a big boombox, and more, at the same time. I can also run a small AC unit. This unit is extremely light, to boot. I paid about $675 for it.

Stick with a Honda if you want a light, quiet generator that will last for years. My buddy has an old Honda 850 that he's had for about 15 years.

Santo DeRisi
11-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Is that what you paid for the honda new or did you get it used?? So you think that a 2000 watt will run all that i need. I want to do this right the first time. So what do ya think?
Thanks!!

remlapr
11-13-2003, 10:53 PM
I see a lot of generators tailgating and have looked into buying one - Honda all the way, but they are definately higher then the others....

Quadfather
11-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Sorry Santo, I put the wrong price in that post. I have a 1000 watter that I paid $675 for. I also have a 2500 watter that I paid $1140 for, and the 2000 watter was around $900. I bought the 2500 watter first, and it was just a bit too heavy to load into the truck every weekend when I went to the cabin. It was also a little loud. Not near as loud as a Coleman, but you could definately hear it out in the shed. I then bought the 1000watter. It was light, and extremely quiet. Then Honda came out with the new. plastic cased, ultra quiet models, and I just had to have one. My 1000 ran everything I wanted it to, but I figured everyone needed at least three generators. I couldn't believe the 2000 when I went to check them out. Not only was the new series 2000 quieter than the 1000 (older series), but it was a lot lighter too. It also ran twice as long on a tank of gas. It has an economy switch that you can push that will lower the rpms if you're only drawing a little juice (you can't even hear it running standing next to it), then, if you turn something else on, it will automatically kick up, and is still extremely quiet. I think the new 2000 weighs in at around 43 pounds. It came with a one year bumper to bumper warranty. Check your local yellow pages for outdoor equipment shops that handle Honda powered tools. Also, you might want to check out tool rental shops. They get rid of their stock every so often, or, they can order you a brand new one.

Also, Honda has a pamphlet about generators, that lists every electrical itewm known to man, and how many watts/amps it draws, so you'll know exactly what will fit your needs.