PDA

View Full Version : A new way to load your atv/motorcycle..

khen
11-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Look at this innovative new way to load up your bike.

http://vlx.roeiboot.com/funny/loading_a_bike.mpeg

AlaskaSpeed
11-11-2003, 09:43 PM
lol....where do you people find this stuff.....lol

JTRtrx250r
11-11-2003, 09:57 PM
lmao:D hate to see how he'd load a quad...I take that back...I'd love to see it:blah: :D

QuadJunkies
11-12-2003, 12:08 AM
ROFLMGDAO!!!!!!!!:p Im with Jim on this one!!!! How DO you find some of these vids? That was crazy stuff!!!!:blah:

khen
11-12-2003, 07:50 AM
My brother sent me that link. I'm not sure where he got it but I sure got a kick out of it. :p I imagine if you have good brakes and are good at spot landings you could pull it off with a quad. :eek2: :eek: :macho

dirtmomma
11-12-2003, 08:21 AM
LMAO yeah my brother sent me that this morning too!! When I 1st watched it I was like OOOOOOOO. It reminds me of that insurance commercial w/ the dumbazz on the bike that makes the big jump & endo's them jumps up like he's ok:huh :huh I think that commercial is the stupidest thing I've ever seen I wonder how many kids/people have went out & tried that & never walked again!!!!!

FastByDesign
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Funny but efficiant. lmfao, i wonder if the rider is alright?:blah:

86atc250r
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Darwin theory at work --- if someone saw that commercial and tried to duplicate, it's only a matter of time before they would have killed/injured themselves in some other spectacularly stupid & entertaining fashion.

There's only so much one can/should do to protect the stupid from themselves :)

Every once in a while the gene pool needs a little chlorine.

As far as kids go, if the child doesn't have enough concept of reality to know the difference, he/she should not be unsupervised.

Personally, I thought the commercial was great, it's nice to see humorous commercials - the boring ones are just, well.... Boring.

oynot400
11-12-2003, 10:38 AM
I don't think I will be trying that with my new KTM! :rolleyes: :devil:

86atc250r
11-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Some of my favorite commercials are the Budget rental car commercials where the marketing folks are in the Board room brainstorming ways to market their rental cars by offering additional services...

Like the personal trainer (who, when they imagine the scene, proceeds to crack a walnut with his gluteus maximus and offers it to the horrified client)

Or the jetpack & when they imagine it, the client rockets into the powerlines..

How about the one where they want to increase web traffic to their website & one of the people has the bright idea to get everyone in the country a computer -- they flash to the fantasy scene with an Amish guy in a barn with a cow, unpacking a monitor.... With no electrical outlet in sight, he selects the closest logical receptical - you guessed it....

Funny stuff... I wish I could find some video of them on the web...

hessianmx111
11-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
I wonder how many kids/people have went out & tried that & never walked again!!!!!
if somebody is stupid enough to go out and try that after seeing it on a commercial they shouldnt have a bike:huh

86atc250r
11-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Found a couple of them :)

http://www.quietman.com/pages/com/com_Budget.html

QuadJunkies
11-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Found a couple of them :)

http://www.quietman.com/pages/com/com_Budget.html lol. I remember that one about the Aromatherapy, that was pretty funny..:p

sickmojave
11-12-2003, 12:06 PM
ROFLMAO "I don't want to be a ranger"

QuadJunkies
11-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
ROFLMAO "I don't want to be a ranger" LOL!! and the Aumish(sp?) one with the cows....:eek: :p

Ohio R
11-12-2003, 07:38 PM
anyone have a site to get a realone player update. It wont let me open it. Says it cant find the file.

Martin Blair
11-12-2003, 08:46 PM
lmgdao

QuadJunkies
11-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Ohio R
anyone have a site to get a realone player update. It wont let me open it. Says it cant find the file. hm try this one. ;) http://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde5_new_look.html?h=207.188.7.150&f=windows/RealOnePlayerGold.exe&p=RealOne+Player&j2re=false&tagtype=ie&type=dl

WEEZIL
11-13-2003, 05:29 AM
LMFAO! I was not expecting that... boy my dad would be a little salty if i landed in the back his pickup truck and smashed into the cab..

Ohio R
11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks QJ I will see if that works

cody anderson
11-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Thats so funny! Even if it is fake...

wilkin250r
11-13-2003, 02:40 PM
I don't see what the big deal is, I load mine like that all the time...

MOFO
11-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
Thats so funny! Even if it is fake...

I agree... I keep telling myself its got to be fake...but every time I watch it, it looks more and more real.

86atc250r
11-13-2003, 03:20 PM
One possible flaw I noticed is the front wheels of the van didn't rotate when it moved forward.

The rider's helmet comes within millimeters of hitting the top of the van.

Also, if you watch it frame by frame, you should see the rear wheel of the bike fold up as it hits the edge of the back of the van & instead it just disappears.

Very well done, reflections on the glass and all.

MOFO
11-13-2003, 03:27 PM

The rider's helmet comes within millimeters of hitting the top of the van.

I noticed that too....

wilkin250r
11-13-2003, 03:38 PM
One possible flaw I noticed is the front wheels of the van didn't rotate when it moved forward.

Very well done, reflections on the glass and all.

Yes they do, but they don't rotate for the full foward travel.

Something like that isn't too entirely difficult to make. You film the guy jumping, and then park the van on the hill. You drive the fan foward 2ft, to simulate the impact. You can then crop the van out of the second video, and put it on the first, complete with reflections in the glass and everything. And as long as you didn't move the camera, everything should line right up into the first video. A little editing to make the rear end bounce, and viola!!!

86atc250r
11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Actually, if you view it frame by frame, the front wheel moves a couple degrees at first, but then the whole van moves a reasonable distance and the fronts don't move at all - and there is no dust stirred by the front wheels.

If the van were sitting there in park, the rears may not move, but the fronts would roll freely --- although it does appear there is a hand on the steering wheel on the van making it feasible that someone is holding the brakes, it's unlikely because the brake lights are visible and do not appear to be illuminated, nor are any brake light reflections on the white door of the van.

Another interesting aspect is the dust sources from the van and not the ground. The dust also seems to go in front of the jump, giving the feeling it's superimposed on the picture...

Doing the old camera/edit trick is a fine explanation, but they did a great job of bottomming the suspension, moving the van forward without moving the wheels, and making the reflections properly follow the van's forward motion as well as the suspension travel - all this, while the camera is moving the whole time....

A simple hack job at editing would have been clearly evident - whoever made this took some time and effort...

Guy400
11-13-2003, 04:27 PM
One thing I noticed from the first time I watched it was the position of the van relating to its suspension. Look at the van's body in relation to the rear wheels before the bike enters it. When the bike supposedly slams inside the van the suspension extends in the rear and the van rolls forward. The body then begins to settle back down but it comes to a rest several inches higher than before the bike was in there.

Ryan
11-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
One thing I noticed from the first time I watched it was the position of the van relating to its suspension. Look at the van's body in relation to the rear wheels before the bike enters it. When the bike supposedly slams inside the van the suspension extends in the rear and the van rolls forward. The body then begins to settle back down but it comes to a rest several inches higher than before the bike was in there.

Well I hope no one though that was real :p .

11-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Gonna have ta break out the flag on this one.....

wilkin250r
11-13-2003, 05:13 PM
I agree that it whoever did it took their time with it. The dust looks fake.

However, IF the van has been superimposed, I don't think it would be all that difficult. As long as the camera distance is the same for both shots, you can insert the van frame-by frame and everything will line up the same, so you still get the movement of the camera.

Nausty
11-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Who parked that van there? WAS IT YOU CHARMICHAEL?

lol, its auviously fake guys!

roostin_dale
11-13-2003, 09:52 PM
lmao..there is no way thats real....

who ever did it did an awesome job though...

crday98
11-14-2003, 06:44 AM
i always got a kick out of the Geico commercial where they're talking about doing dumb things and the guy is letting the dog drive his truck and they plunge into a pond.:D

sickmojave
11-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
Who parked that van there? WAS IT YOU CHARMICHAEL?

LMAO.