PDA

View Full Version : Different 450r version

hsr
11-11-2003, 09:07 PM
I wanna know what Quad Honda 'WAS' going to release ? ?

Pappy?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets just say IT IS out there

How do you know this? And you should seriously consider telling all of us what it's like! :cool:

Honda4trax250x
11-11-2003, 09:42 PM
:huh :huh :huh

airheadedduner
11-11-2003, 09:59 PM
I heard that there where 4 bikes in development. 2 450 class, 2 open class. They only planed on releaseing one of each, or at all.

nacs400ex
11-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I heard that there where 4 bikes in development. 2 450 class, 2 open class. They only planed on releaseing one of each, or at all.

:(

XANDADA
11-12-2003, 02:26 PM
spill the beans compadre:bandit:

11-12-2003, 02:27 PM
After honda seen the POS yamaha released they put out their very bottom end, lowest cost, production quad to compete with Yamaha..:D

Actually I don't know but it sounded good.....:blah: or do I know??:eek:

Doibugu2
11-12-2003, 02:34 PM
My Webpage.. <----New smilies

There's more than smiles on that there web page. I still am laughing about that!:D

Glow Plug
11-12-2003, 02:43 PM
come on spill the beans

Ralph
11-12-2003, 04:39 PM
it was better...lol. They had to degrade the origional once the yfz came out to compare with pricing...

Rip_Tear
11-12-2003, 05:04 PM
What is going on here? Someone tell me something...

Pappy
11-12-2003, 05:06 PM
99% of the information you seek has been posted on this website. its up to you to believe the author or not.

heck....ive even seen truth in this thread but i aint sayin who:devil:

Butters
11-12-2003, 08:12 PM
come on pappy just give us a straight answer.

VIC
11-12-2003, 09:34 PM
the stuff that was posted before was that it had an aluminum frame and what not. Can't you just tell us pappy or is it still top secret.

11-12-2003, 09:54 PM
The only thing to know is that honda HAS 2-3 other prototypes, they could have picked anyone to go into production. I'm sure the riders had something to do with it. one of the quads had a very different rear suspension. I dont believe it would work in mx racing though.(my buddy told me he saw the weird looking rear suspension quad in the georgia plant) it also was crf based.

;)

SickSixD R
11-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Rico
After honda seen the POS yamaha released they put out their very bottom end, lowest cost, production quad to compete with Yamaha..:D

Actually I don't know but it sounded good.....:blah: or do I know??:eek: Hater!:blah:

11-13-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Actually I don't know but it sounded good.....:blah: or do I know??:eek:

the POS yamaha came out with?????, so they took the 450R, and made it worse than the yammie???

hsr
11-13-2003, 10:53 AM
Yeah, im guessing that they were playing around w/ an aluminum framed version and maybe a couple of other versions too. when it comes right down to it , they have to release the one that is the most economical and the one that can be the top contender on the market. Honda has to consider that not everyone buying this thing is going to be a Tim Farr. ;)

RIDER11X
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by hsr
Honda has to consider that not everyone buying this thing is going to be a Tim Farr. ;)

What you talkin' bout Willis? :huh

:devil: :cool:

Guy400
11-13-2003, 03:25 PM
I'll tell you what I want to see out of any of the "Big 3" manufacturers--real innovation. The Z400 and YFZ were big steps for Yamaha and Suzuki but still use existing technologies. The 450R isn't as big of a step for Honda but they still used technologies that we have right now. You know these companies sink fat geets into R&D but we really don't see a lot of those benefits. Any of the stock frames on these bikes are going to need bracing at known weak points. We gusset these frames ourselves using $10 in steel and a home welder. Couldn't these manufacturers do that for us and eliminate some of the need for aftermarket frames? Afterall, we wind up doing that ourselves anyway using common knowledge we've accquired. How about a new form of suspension? There's got to be something better out there and it's about time we get it. We've been riding on dual a-arm front suspension and various flavors of swingarms in the rear since 1985. We've made little advancement in nearly 20 years. I'll ride either the YFZ or the TRX because it's the best we've got right now. But, I'd like to see more out of these companies in terms of innovation.

Martin Blair
11-13-2003, 07:09 PM
how obut the wierd arse 520 ktm quad wuth those funny looking a arms on the front, i dont remeber its name but ive seen it in sport atv and in worcs racies

Honda4trax250x
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
how obut the wierd arse 520 ktm quad wuth those funny looking a arms on the front, i dont remeber its name but ive seen it in sport atv and in worcs racies

i believe that was the eraser, pretty funky lookin'

4wheelboy
11-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
i believe that was the eraser, pretty funky lookin'

i thought it was pretty blinnging:eek2:

11-13-2003, 08:28 PM
suzuki is supposedly coming out with a rmz 450 and a quad based with that motor, time will tell

Guy400
11-13-2003, 08:31 PM
I just saw a pic of a TRX frame and Honda gussetted the front shock mounts from the factory. I'll have to retract at least a portion of my b!tching.

RIjon
11-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey!!

I was the one that called pappy out for this info in the other thread :rolleyes:

no Respect.....no respect at all

RIDER11X
11-13-2003, 08:40 PM
I'm waiting to see a KTM quad. This company put a different twist on alot of dirt bike designs, and quads would be no different. Their 450 4 stroke would be awesome in a good chassis, however parts would be more costly than a Honda. KTM is a major GNCC competitor and quads would be a step in the right direction for them.:cool:

Juggalo
11-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
suzuki is supposedly coming out with a rmz 450 and a quad based with that motor, time will tell

ah yes the new quadracer. the quad i'm holding out for.

Rip_Tear
11-13-2003, 08:43 PM
no one is going to be completely happy with anything that the companies come out with... If they gave us an aluminum frame and it was a bit weak we would complain, if they gusseted the frame we would still not be happy with it, might as well just let us do all the little things we want. If they gusseted a steel frame we would complain about the weight. So I am happy with most the what we are given...

RIDER11X
11-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I just saw a pic of a TRX frame and Honda gussetted the front shock mounts from the factory. I'll have to retract at least a portion of my b!tching.

The way I see it, shock mounts break when the suspension is not properly set up, and bottoms frequently tranferring the impact directly to these mounts as they are much weaker than the lower mounts. Bottoming a quad results in cracks in the frame VERY quickly. JMO.;)

11-13-2003, 08:53 PM
i know it sounds stupid but im completley happy with my slow outdated 400ex, its fun

but yfzs rip:eek2:

11-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
The way I see it, shock mounts break when the suspension is not properly set up, and bottoms frequently tranferring the impact directly to these mounts as they are much weaker than the lower mounts. Bottoming a quad results in cracks in the frame VERY quickly. JMO.;)

if your ride hard your frame will crack, roll design frames eventually crack....all shocks bottom

RIDER11X
11-13-2003, 09:09 PM
if your ride hard your frame will crack, roll design frames eventually crack....all shocks bottom

True, but they should give you 2-3 years of service even under hard use. All shocks do and will bottom, but they should do it seldom and lightly. Suspension set up is critical, I'm 265lb. and have mine set up to where I may bottom once every 7-8 rides but I am using the top 75% of my travel regularly. 2001 frame, no repairs or gussets as of yet. All in the set up. JMO.;)

RIDER11X
11-13-2003, 09:16 PM
i know it sounds stupid but im completley happy with my slow outdated 400ex, its fun

I don't see the new YFZ and 450r vs. the 400ex to be the jump that the 400ex was over the 300ex. I think that it will take a very high caliber rider to extend the capabilities that they have to offer. Am I wrong on this?

LTandRaptorider
11-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I don't see the new YFZ and 450r vs. the 400ex to be the jump that the 400ex was over the 300ex. I think that it will take a very high caliber rider to extend the capabilities that they have to offer. Am I wrong on this?

Just wait until I'm riding my YFZ, and you're on your Rincon! :eek2:

265lbs... Are you leaning on the wall again while on the scale?? :devil: Just breakin your stones... again!

Well, some of us have to get up for work in the morning... I'm out.

RIDER11X
11-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Just wait until I'm riding my YFZ, and you're on your Rincon! :eek2:

Wishful thinking on your part as I plan to have the trusty 400 for a long time yet to keep yunz guys working hard!:devil: As soon as this shoulder heals I'll be back to keep you honest, and Keep Crazy Honda swapping machines with everyone and their brother to try to beat me in the woods.:p
I can't sell out for a utility......................I'd miss all this friendly rivalry too much! It is such a blast!;)

airheadedduner
11-13-2003, 11:07 PM

Me too, not like I am gonna be that much better on a yfz or the 450r. I will enjoy taking them on with my trusty rusty EX.