PDA

View Full Version : Feather Carbon

pineway
11-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know if there hoods will fit on 250r maier plastic or only the stock plastic?

Pappy
11-11-2003, 06:14 PM
www.feathercarbon.com

get his phone number and give him a ring. he is very helpful and will answer your question promptly. id say it will fit but never hurts to make sure.

meangreen400ex
11-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Ya these hoods are awesome. He has a site at feathercarbon.com he makes the flat 350r hoods and the ones with a scoop. I used the one with a scop and fabricated it to fit my maier 400ex plastic. it looks good.

queenjr
11-11-2003, 10:49 PM
I do have a 400ex specific hood now. I am not sure if the 250r hood will fit the maier plastic or not. If you can get a factory hood to fit the carbon ones will also. I made the mounts exactly like the factory mounts.

meangreen400ex
11-13-2003, 06:30 AM
The 250r hood will fit the maier platic with some mods. Just drill through the hood where queen put the mounts and bolt it to your plastics. Becareful if you use zip ties because the first time you rearend someone in a race or flip it you will lose it....trust me. Also you will have to cut a hole in your plastics to make it functional. Its really easy

Fibe Industries
11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Queen the best way to mount this is, resest your mount under the hood and use alonger stud 1/4 inch longer this will help pull the hood down and seat the plastic,,,, another way is to use top mounts, were you do the same thing as above only with out the stud and then drill through the top of the hood this is buy far the strongest way to mont the hood ,,,,,you could smash it aganist a tree and it wont come off I have a pic of me pulling My quad with another quad by a rope, by the hood!!