PDA

View Full Version : tool kit

bakerboyz
02-10-2002, 07:39 PM
I was riding with a guy who made a tool kit for his ATC. He used 4 or 5" PVC and attached it to the grab bar. I thought it was a good idea.

mysticfalcon
02-10-2002, 10:24 PM
It looks ugly but big enough to actualy be useful so its a tradeoff.
I think i'll keep my stock little ity bity one

RideRed400EX
02-11-2002, 09:58 AM
I have yet to see a trunk on an ATV which can be considered useful. They ruin anything you put in them. Use a back pack or hip pack so your tools and parts don't waste away into nothing

Scott
02-11-2002, 11:27 AM
I've seen the PVC trick before. Looks like he used 4 inch, but you can use smaller diameter if you prefer. The threaded cap looks like a drain clean-out cap. A friend of mine had one. He got hit and lost it, but when we went back after it, it was in one piece with the tools still inside, unlike a stocker would have been. So we grabbed it in one stop instead of riding down the trail looking for tools.

If (when) my stocker breaks, that's probably the route I'll go. If you don't like the white, paint it. I've ridden with several hopped up 400s that didn't carry any tools, then were begging when they were stuck in the middle of nowhere and needed a wrench. But hey, their bike "looked" cooler than mine.

MOFO
02-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Keep in mind you can also use ABS too (black pipe). Thats what I used for mine and it works great. I'll try to snap a picture of mine soon....I have it mounted in the front part of the frame...

Eric

Kadafiy
02-11-2002, 05:51 PM
My uncle did that awhile ago and wrapped the tools in a towel so they wouldn't bash together. I prefer the backpack though.

R-Crazy
02-12-2002, 07:45 PM
JL makes a tool box out of aluminum but it is 100 bucks. not worth it. it looks cool and i think it is a little bigger.

dave