PDA

View Full Version : durablue axle ????

400extracc
11-11-2003, 03:17 PM
i putchased this axle with wheel hups. will all the other stock parts fit the after market durablue axle??????

thx for help:confused:

400exBro
11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
sell it know before you break it!!! LSR OR RPM...

ya the axle will work with everything else.

400extracc
11-11-2003, 03:42 PM
whats wrong with durablue???? its still tronger then stock right????

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 400extracc
whats wrong with durablue???? its still tronger then stock right????

alot of people have bent or snaped the durablue axles in half, that is why most people call them durabrake or durabend.. I personally have a durablue axle and have not had any problems.

deathman53
11-11-2003, 08:18 PM
I seen a durablue x-33 break last saturday at e-town. the person came off a double and the axle snapped on contact. I seen 3 durablues break at chattsworth, the guys were riding raptors. never seen a lsr or rpm break, I have a used lsr that I got a swap meet and jump the crap out of it, not bent or snapped and I ride hard enough that I snapped stock 250r axle, but gotta give it credit, its a 17 year old axle nd I rode it hard for a good 2 years, when was the last time you've seen a durablue last that long.

400extracc
11-11-2003, 08:53 PM
don't know, thats why i'm asking????
well i got a pritty good deal i think, and it came with wheel hubs.

when it brakes i b on here *****'n, till then durablues good.:D

beyer05
11-12-2003, 03:12 AM
I have seen 3 lonestars break in the last 3 months! They suck! I am buying an RPM!

airheadedduner
11-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
I seen a durablue x-33 break last saturday at e-town. the person came off a double and the axle snapped on contact. I seen 3 durablues break at chattsworth, the guys were riding raptors. never seen a lsr or rpm break, I have a used lsr that I got a swap meet and jump the crap out of it, not bent or snapped and I ride hard enough that I snapped stock 250r axle, but gotta give it credit, its a 17 year old axle nd I rode it hard for a good 2 years, when was the last time you've seen a durablue last that long.
LSR hasn't been around for 17 years. THey have only been around since mid 90's. Before that they where JP till they where bought out and changed to lsr. I don't even think JP was that old either.

Unless you are flat landing jumps or going huge the durablue should hold up. If it is just the heavy duty, not the x-33 the stock hubs might go on it I am not sure. Everything else should be okay.

400extracc
11-12-2003, 02:13 PM
thx

300EXrider02
11-12-2003, 04:36 PM
people on this site talk all the "hear say" crapola....talk to someone with real knowledge and expirence with this product to get a good report, you will be fine with a durablue unless you race serious MX, because in MX there is a chance to case or flat land a jump, resulting in something breaking, its common sense, durablue axles snapping could, of course, be the riders fault

its stronger than stock, so unless you have snapped a stock axle, you have nothing to worry about.... ;)

not saying those who responded dont know anything...

k2-dawg
11-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Durablue (durabends) suk!!!

RPM Dominator only way to go. Best dam axle on the market, and great people to do business with as well.

400exBro
11-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Ask anyone i race with and they will say to get lsr or RPM<- more are going for the rpm. but everyone says stay away from durablue, a buddy of mine landed a little 25 foot double and snap his x-33 axle snap in half, there have been some other cases out there. I would've of went with RPM but they are too much, lsr i got for 325 american.

11-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Durablows = http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/poopoo.gif

I've run one and i bent it landing a jump. It was replaced and i sold it and bought a LS axle. It's held up pretty good. What disappoints me the most is the warranty on durablow axles..:mad:

ReconRider25
11-13-2003, 06:35 PM
but arent durablue axles cheaper then lsr and rpm? i thought they were. you get what you pay for, and dont bash me but i like durablue, my friend has one on his 300 for over a year now with no problems and he beats the $&!# out of his quad.

gimp419
11-16-2003, 05:46 PM
I've been racing the GNC's and tons of locals for about 5 years now and have only broken two durablue axles. The first one was my fault, I cased the up-hill double at Red Bud but the second was just the axles time to go. If you beat the crap out of any axle they are gonna break. Hey if you break a durablue and you've already sent it back once, sand down the stamp that they put on it (around the carrier usually) then just pollish it up a little and they'll never know it was a replacement. Worked for me. I've heard of more people having trouble with the X33 than with the eliminator. In all seriousness though I'd probably get an RPM is my sponsor didn't give me such a good deal on Durablues!

jay's 300
11-16-2003, 06:18 PM
My durablue has definately taken a beating in the past 3+ yrs w/ no probs. I had a friend of mine snapped his LSR on his Raptor in no time, but their warranty is better than Durablue's. I've heard bad about both, but haven't heard any bad things about RPM. :D

400grl
11-22-2003, 08:10 AM
I have personally witnessed stock axles snapping and bending, Durablue axles snapping, LSR axles snapping (more of the LSR's)- but never once have I seen or heard of an RPM axle even bend.

If you are limited on funds, you obviously have to get what you can afford. I think anything is better than stock! I agree that for light riding you should be OK with any of the aftermarket axles! I'd say pay attention the the warranties, and find the one you can afford with the best warranty and customer service.