PDA

View Full Version : Ac Nerfs Instructions

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:25 PM
I thought i would put this together with all the pics from the members on here. So anyone that has a pic in this thanks or if anyone would like to change this just add it. Here is is with all the pics.

I purchased my AC Pro-Peg Nerf Bars from atvaddiction.com. Marcum’s has the same price but
the shipping is free. When it first arrived I was excited. I decided to this because everyone has
questions about how to install them. I didn’t get directions ,but I figured it out after a while by
looking at everyone else nerf bars. The first pic is of everything you get. (1st Pic)
To install them was somewhat difficult without directions. The first thing I did was remove the
stock heel guards and foot pegs. After that I took the round shaped pegs they provided and
attached them(2nd Pic). I put the peg with the spacer on the side with the brakes. This way the
pegs sit higher if you are taller you can switch the pegs around and have the nerf bars sit lower. I
don’t think this makes a difference unless you want to put the AC heel guards on.
After I bolted the pegs on I took the front left motor mount bolt out of both sides. I then slid the
right side nerf on. I used I think the medium size bolt to go through the nerfs, then into a spacer,
then into where the motor mount bolt was suppose to go.(3rd Pic) Then I put the left side on as
the same procedure as the left.
When putting in the netting was the hardest for me to figure out how to do. There are 3 holes in
the holder piece. I went down through the1st one and 3rd hole then in the 2nd and out the first
hole. (4th Pic)
To install these first drill the holes in the side of the foot-pegs(5th Pic). Then line up the
heel guards and using a black marker, mark where the holes should go in the guard. Now
take the guards off and drill them. Now install the guards, using the spacer where the
guards mount to the nerf itself. (6th Pic)
I have also heard of people drilling down through the aluminum peg and through the metal black
peg and putting a bolt in it to hold it on the black peg better.(7th pic)
That is everything you and you should have something that looks like the last picture. As far as
these holding up it has been great. No problems for me so far. They stick out past your wheels so
if you ride tight trails your AC sticker can get wore off. I wouldn’t trade theses for anything
because they make me feel safer and mor confident of jumps. The Pegs offer better grip for your
feet. These are a must for aggressive racing. Thanks to the form members for pics!!!

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:26 PM
2nd pic

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:47 PM
4th 3rd wouldnt work its the same as the last one only i circled the bolt.

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:49 PM
5th Pic

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:50 PM
6th Pic

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:51 PM
7th Pic NOTE: In this picture the peg with the spacer is on the shifter side to lower the peg height. The peg with the spacer would normally be on the brake lever side.

Foxrage
02-10-2002, 06:52 PM
LAst Pic

Foxrage
02-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Bump!

02-27-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey thanks Nacs for taking the time to put this together for us. I will probably be getting a set of the AC nerfs this year so I'll be referring back to this thread for sure. Perhaps Leo can put this in the "best of", ex-tech or review section for us (spelled "ME") to refer back to?

R-Crazy
03-01-2002, 07:28 PM
do they make ac pro pegs for a 300?

dave

Foxrage
03-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Nope

RideRed04
03-03-2002, 11:16 AM
haha, good to see my high tech web instalation drawing (done with a vary advanced computer program) made it in here! First time I put my webbing on, it slid out more every time you landed on them...not good!

Leo
03-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Nac's actually sent this to me a few weeks ago, and I'm going to add it to the tech section....

I also have an almost readable copy of the AC instructions in .pdf format if anyone is interested..

Leo

RideRed04
03-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Leo
...I also have an almost readable copy of the AC instructions in .pdf format if anyone is interested...

Leo

What!?!?!?! AC has instructions? I am kinda curious, send it my way! jeff_sabelko@hotmail.com

Foxrage
04-22-2002, 04:54 PM
This is a bump for Poopona400ex Hope it helps!!!

04-22-2002, 09:53 PM
I am glad you did this..

I just got mine from atvaddictions today...

I am putting mine on tomorrow.

Thanks again for the great thread.

knighttime
04-23-2002, 07:29 AM
its already been done. :eek:

:confused: :huh :confused: :huh

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 08:24 AM
AC pegs!!!

Rick400ex
01-26-2004, 11:25 AM
This came in very handy just now.