killed

stupid driver
11-11-2003, 05:53 AM
thanks

you make us proud

MOFO
11-11-2003, 06:28 AM
Good thread...

I think too many people these days forget the sacrifice that our veterans of war did for us. Without them, we might not be here today.

BlazingYamahaYz
11-11-2003, 08:20 AM
thanks to all that have past served, fought, died, or are still serving today! dont foget the veterans from past wars, even the revolutionary war...just think if people had not fought the british, where would we be today? thanks for all the freedoms, i try not to take them for granted...

QuadJunkies
11-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Good thread...

I think too many people these days forget the sacrifice that our veterans of war did for us. Without them, we might not be here today. I agree totally......;) hey Kim ...no fair..... I still have to work!:( :grr: :D

11-11-2003, 03:16 PM
thanks

:cool:

redroost85
11-11-2003, 03:40 PM
To all of those who served and continue to serve, I thank you. Your willingness to sacrifice is humbling for me. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for the rest of us. We are the lucky ones because of you. Help us to never forget what has gone before us. Your stories need told so that we may always remember. I tip my hat to all of you. Thanks is not good enough. God bless you all!:)

Let us never forget the freedoms we continue to enjoy. This is so much more than a day off of work for some of you.

Thank you veterans!:)

4wheelboy
11-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I agree totally......;) hey Kim ...no fair..... I still have to work!:( :grr: :D

yea meeeee 2 i still had school:mad:

atvdad36
11-11-2003, 06:44 PM
I would like to say thanks to my bro, he servrd in the in the navy for 20+ years

thanks bro.

atvdad36
11-11-2003, 06:47 PM
By the way Kim

good idea on the thread:)

400exmom
11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I agree totally......;) hey Kim ...no fair..... I still have to work!:( :grr: :D you didnt miss chit tina but a day of rakein leaves..

SpeedBump
11-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
thanx for the freedom!....and the day off:D You're welcome. BTW Thanks for thinkin of us. Not many younger people give it a second thought. :(

400exmom
11-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
You're welcome. BTW Thanks for thinkin of us. Not many younger people give it a second thought. :(

younger people!!:D i think i luvu~~~SALLLLL-LUTE!!!

Woodsrider
11-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
You're welcome. BTW Thanks for thinkin of us. Not many younger people give it a second thought. :(

Thank you, glad to have had the opportunity. I was also thanked when I walked in the door at work this morning, which really made my day.(considering I had to work:mad: ) I started the day buy putting the flag out for the rest of the Vetrans and for those who aren't home yet, or will never come home.

Thanks again;)

3rd BN 187th ABN 101st Airborne July 1986 to July 1990 and again from Jan. 1991 to june 1991.

PHIL_B54
11-11-2003, 07:45 PM
i posted this in another thread, but i felt that this thread is a better topic for it

first i would like to say thanks to all the vets out there, they have paid for our freedom...

second, for the most part i really think that having holidays that the average joe doent get off of work does no good. tuesday will be a great example of such a day. i have to work, everyone i know has to work, my uncle that served in the 1st gulf war has to work. a holiday that only the major services dont work(bank, post office, govt) doesnt really mean a holiday for anyone. it makes my day more of a pain really, i cant mail my bills out, i cant cash my paycheck. columbus day, presidents day, martin luther king day, all examples of our govt making a holiday for no one but them selves. that is why there should be no holiday on Sept 11th like i heard people mention. this may make me sound like an ungrateful person, and i really am not. i just feel that if a govt employee gets to have the day off to enjoy, why dont the rest of us...

Woodsrider
11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Phil, you make a good point. How many Vetrans do you know who actually get the day off? Not too many I am sure. Quite a shame really, isn't it? A holiday to pay gratitude to the people who helped to make this country free, and yet most of them have to keep right on working.

I better quit typing before I get on a soap box here.

SpeedBump
11-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Phil, you make a good point. How many Vetrans do you know who actually get the day off? Not too many I am sure. Quite a shame really, isn't it? A holiday to pay gratitude to the people who helped to make this country free, and yet most of them have to keep right on working.

I better quit typing before I get on a soap box here.

This was discussed by me and another Vet today. (While we BOTH were at WORK) In my humble opinion, if tax $$$$ is going to be spent on this so called "holiday" then it should go to the ones that actually gave or sacrificed something to this country...the Vets or surviving family of a Fallen Vet. (yes there are more people deserving than just Vets, but for the sake of the argument, lets stick to just them, please, it will NEVER happen anyway.) OOOPS!!! :o , I just knocked Soggy off the SoapBox, ok, back to you....... I am done......*yawn* gotta get to bed, WORK in the AM.

D11NR
11-12-2003, 04:38 AM
thanx for the freedom!....and the day off:D

Your Welcome :D :D
US Army and the National Guard

F-16Guy
11-12-2003, 03:27 PM
thanx for the freedom!....and the day off:D
Here, here! Thanks especially to the men and women that gave their lives; no greater sacrifice--or honor.
AD Air Force, 1997-2001
Air Force Reserve, 2001-current

Glow Plug
11-12-2003, 03:46 PM
thanks everyone :)